eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

My friends. What do you recommend passing on?.

Manual or PA1? Just trying to decide what the advantages are of learning full manual passing.

Firstly v the computer and then my friends.

The fewer AI-controlled players in a match, the better
In an ideal world, this would be 11 on 11 mode
But unfortunately Konami doesn’t do anything with it, it has an outdated inconvenient menu and it is completely unattractive, in addition, it is devoid of meaning and any achievements other than the average rating for a position

But this game can still be wonderful sometimes :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNGKVsAwMEI

Manual or PA1? Just trying to decide what the advantages are of learning full manual passing.

The easiest, fastest and most convenient way to switch to the full manual is to turn it on and forget about the existence of another layout
It takes 5-10 matches to get involved, or to understand that in fact you gave in passes very inaccurately, just the game helped you more and then you need more matches

I’m back on PES 2013. I played my ML save for a few hours today and it’s still such a better game than PES 2020. It’s deeper, it’s fairer, it’s more fun and the pitches aren’t bright yellow. And FOULS! There are fouls!

So, here I am, in 2019. Playing a 7 year old game. Again.

Can you tell me more about pes 2013? you play some patch ? or clean version?
Are there any people who edit and add some new stuff like stadiums?
...and can you recommend some good videos of it? (I mean showing gameplay)

To all of you, who don't like PES 2020:

YOU ARE PLAYING IT WRONG!
No brother i played 500+ matches minimum 20 mins long. Full manual ... i win 4/5 matches on ss and 1/2 on legend.. but due to Problems on dribbling i dont have fun.. what i m upset is the potential is incredible but curent version is too weak

No brother i played 500+ matches minimum 20 mins long. Full manual ... i win 4/5 matches on ss and 1/2 on legend.. but due to Problems on dribbling i dont have fun.. what i m upset is the potential is incredible but curent version is too weak

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't know how else to put it...

Had a friend over today and we played 2020. What great fun!!! :)

My Rangers won 4:0 versus ManUnited. Next match; 4:1 win for my Iceland versus Netherlands. :D
20 min matches, fuma for both.

Today it showed. He’s a fifa player for years but he plays PES when he’s over at my place. Same settings, manual, but different attitude. He got so much fifa in his thumbs, that it’s hard for him to adapt to PES sometimes.
Anyway, today he did great. Took his time using RS, positioned the player well for crosses, passed with much more thought; hammered some shots “on target” into the upper ranks... but he played football!! And I loved that.
Sure, i have to teach him a lot and need to be firm (?!, like repeating stuff all the time), but I see progress in his gaming behavior.

I wish I had more mates over to play local on a more regular base. Let’s see if I ain’t starting a WhatsApp group to get my friends interested... in a league, cup... whatever. Most important we meet and play some PES. :D

Edit: btw, my buddy scored his first goal in PES2020 today, after 5 matches. It was a deflected ball but still... I’m pretty proud at him! That old fifa dog don’t know it any better! :D

A suggestion or piece of advice if I may:

Next time you have him over try doing a co-op cup or league against the COM instead... that way things won’t be so unevenly matched and your friend will actually feel like he’s achieved something when he scores instead of just reducing your 4-0 lead to a 4-1 :DD

Also, you get to share the highs and lows. It’s my personal favorite way to play any football game and it’s lead to moments when we just have to stand up from the couch and hug each other, the play was so beautiful :CRY::APPLAUD:

Last but not least you will start to enjoy making assists to your friend or teaching him the ins and outs of the game. And if nothing else it’s a great lesson in communication (you always have to speak to each other and tell each other what you’re trying to do) and teamwork.

Try it out. I’ve done it since the ISS days and it really is a beautiful way to play any football game really.

fuck sake i was hoping the scripting would be gone in human vs human this year :(
Nope! If script is "against" you, there is nothing you can do. It controls your passes, players movements and reactions, and controls got stucked when you most need it. I've tried to change passing assistance and played on all 3 of them, still the same.

So if I had to choose arcade playing from previous PES, but with totally freedom and dependce from me, I will choose that over this.

Nope! If script is "against" you, there is nothing you can do. It controls your passes, players movements and reactions, and controls got stucked when you most need it. I've tried to change passing assistance and played on all 3 of them, still the same.

So if I had to choose arcade playing from previous PES, but with totally freedom and dependce from me, I will choose that over this.
So true... :D :D

I am done with 1.3 .. i will hate game if i play more so i quit till 1.4 ..
Laser guiding missile defenders super tacklings..
First touch responsiveness (player freeze bug)
No effects of body feints skill moves finese dribbling fake shots (cpu doesnt respond any of them)
Players not to know where to ball is (loose ball reactions)

I hope those are issued for the new patch.. if not it will be a pity... pes 2020 will remain as the highest potential avarage game imo
You are so right.. :D

Actually guys, a thought just crossed my mind. I said manual is boring to watch. I might have to disagree with myself there. :LOL:
I remember I was watching TTB master league in the past, when he played on manual. It was fun, it was unpredictable and there were some really funny moments together with his commentary.
The minute he moved to assisted (saying it will be much better to watch) I stopped watching it. To me that was the moment his ML series instantly lost all the magic.
Now its like any other ML series, where I cant see the point of watching it, when I can play it myself.

Manual is the true evolution in modern day PES and reason I cant enjoy PES 5/6 as much I used to...

Manual is the true evolution in modern day PES and reason I cant enjoy PES 5/6 as much I used to...
That is very true. I cant stress enough how grateful I am to all the people here, who were pushing me to play it on manual. Took a long time and a lot of frustration to adjust, but its a whole new game once you reach the point of being comfortable on manual (dont mix comfortable with great player).
Pes, as it is, has good few issues. There is very little breathing space on the pitch. Im not talking about Challenge and Im not saying it should be easier.
But there is a lot of things in PES, that I know I could do and I wish I could do, but I simply cant at the moment. Due to user/AI defending, player reactions, switching, dribbling. It feels like Im playing in chains.
And manual is the only thing saving this game for me now.

It is?! Hm... depends on what you like to see.
It’s all down to what you prefer. I like it to be slow and with a rush or counter attack in between. Ain’t nobody rushing all the time in real life. That’s not real football.
Just saying. :)

Edit: I’ll be putting up a live steam in a few minutes. Watch it. Practice is key! ;)
Anyway... If you don’t like it, cool!
I just can show what I like. Have a look. :)
i find FUMA players are too safe, not in a simulation way but as in a i am only confident to do this easy pass way

i find FUMA players are too safe, not in a simulation way but as in a i am only confident to do this easy pass way

Clearly you only play certain types of FUMA players (or this is more prevalent in the online FUMA players you play, I should say).
I play with manual passing BECAUSE it allows me to pull off difficult passes I couldn't normally do. My passing accuracy is certainly lower than the CPU because I'll take more chances on higher-risk passes into extremely tight spaces when I think it's worth the risk.

Last edited:

Oh no, not this question :LOL:

Depends how quick you want the game, and how many mistakes you want in your match. Just try them all out and pick whichever one you enjoy the most.

The best mode imo would be full manual 2v2/3v3.

With more human controlled players there would be far fewer available safe/simple passes as you could manually position more defenders.

So much of 1v1 PA0 games (or other PA settings) online seems to rely on exploiting the dumb defensive AI. The defending player can cover one passing option and instruct a CPU player to apply pressure, but the rest of the defending side act like spectators, leaving at least one other risk-free passing option to an unmarked player/space.

I like to try a variety of ways to create chances including long passes and early crosses, but it's far more efficient and "meta" to just keep sliding the ball around to the next player the AI defence has left unmarked for you.

The best mode imo would be full manual 2v2/3v3.

With more human controlled players there would be far fewer available safe/simple passes as you could manually position more defenders.

So much of 1v1 PA0 games (or other PA settings) online seems to rely on exploiting the dumb defensive AI. The defending player can cover one passing option and instruct a CPU player to apply pressure, but the rest of the defending side act like spectators, leaving at least one other risk-free passing option to an unmarked player/space.

I like to try a variety of ways to create chances including long passes and early crosses, but it's far more efficient and "meta" to just keep sliding the ball around to the next player the AI defence has left unmarked for you.
also dont like how if you are messi you can still see ball out out for a throw in when its pretty easy pass lol

maybe they should make FUMA with created players only and no stats, just all about directional input

Back
Top Bottom