eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The perfect game will never come.

Neg knows that from what ive read from him but instead of those nuances in the game making his life a misery and try to make everyone else depressed he is focussing on just having fun with the game as way more to like than hate.

I have said before we have the best football game since PES 6 we need to enjoy it while it lasts because the next 10 years could be another 10 without a good football game. No point pointing out every little detail if we done that with PES 1-6 we'd of turned the internet against the series back at PES 1
As long as the release is annual, there will never be a perfect game.What developer would put a milestone ahead of him, when the focus is to create "a need" for a new game every year?
At least in the current era. In next gen with streaming games, paid DLC content/services, i can't foresight.

As long as the release is annual, there will never be a perfect game.What developer would put a milestone ahead of him, when the focus is to create "a need" for a new game every year?
At least in the current era. In next gen with streaming games, paid DLC content/services, i can't foresight.
My most played games are racing sims and they tend to be on a cycle of 3-5 years and they always come out far from perfect and generally are at their best midway or to the end of their life.
Still enjoying playing ML, now into the end of season 3, but still frustrated AF at the shambles of a collision detection/fouls/referee logic model, it really is an absolute clusterf*ck of moronic proportions.
And the Oct patch wont fix anything - we know it wont, its just Konami's attempt at placebo injection and hoping it will all fall under the carpet.

And the commentary .............

Check this example....

*Turn sound on*

Incredible!!!

On a side note:

If anyone else wants any animations, logos, motion graphics designing for adding to their videos, I'm doing them at 5 quid a pop, cheaper than anywhere online.

Intros / Logos / Stingers / Social Media Boosters etc

Examples:

Check PM mate.

As good as the vanlla version may sound reading some posts here, on the other Band, its true that PES 2020 is nowhere near the football that It should be as 2019 title, and thats not being picky at all.

Maybe we could have that game If pes 2020 was the sixth stage of the natural progress coming from PES 2014. This was the one and only game that KONAMI really attempted to make a Future proof game, more technically advanced. If It was really polished, it could have been revolutionary during that time.

And the commentary .............

Check this example....
:LOL:
This is brilliant.. Every now and again im tempted to switch to spanish commentary (when I play in spanish D2), but then again - im finding Drury and Beglin sooo dreadfully amusing... :LOL:
I absolutely love "double decker buses and one look and we know where we are" comments, when I play Knightsbrook Longwood Vs Shamrock Rovers on Sports Park, which is basically a training ground..
You cant make this shit up!

This is brilliant.. Every now and again im tempted to switch to spanish commentary (when I play in spanish D2), but then again - im finding Drury and Beglin sooo dreadfully amusing... :LOL:
I absolutely love "double decker buses and one look and we know where we are" comments, when I play Knightsbrook Longwood Vs Shamrock Rovers on Sports Park, which is basically a training ground..
What gets me about this one is that you can get small crowds now depending on the fixture - so the game "knows" there's barely any crowd, it "knows" it's a small capacity stadium, but still decides to play the commentary line "double decker buses"... What are you doing?!

What gets me about this one is that you can get small crowds now depending on the fixture - so the game "knows" there's barely any crowd, it "knows" it's a small capacity stadium, but still decides to play the commentary line "double decker buses"... What are you doing?!

The one where they talk about 'flesh and bone'...who in there life has ever used that turned of phrase in a football match?

Agree, but, this is a discussion board. If we all just said "it'll never be perfect so I won't critique it" what would be the point in us being here, other than to just repeat "yeah it's good"? It'd be a pretty pointless site. (Well, let's face it, it sort of is anyway - we're not exactly ending world hunger or solving global warming...)

This is why I've started putting a PC together. It's very good, no doubt - and if I can mod some issues away, why the hell wouldn't I, given that I spend hours a day on this site and hours a week playing football games. I'm facing the fact that I'm ridiculously dedicated and now this game is here, I'm going to make the most of it.

But I agree, and disagree. I have no doubt it's the best PES in years - and the developers seem to realise this too.

(Which reminds me, has everyone seen that message when booting the game now? "The developers want to say thank you for all your positive comments", or something like that? How brilliant is that to see? Without wanting to sound like a dick, I have to admit, my first thought was "it'll be a long time before that can happen with FIFA".)

My main frustration is how some things just never change - which doubles when those things are advertised as changing. I think (but I can't remember 100%) I read that shot variety was supposed to be improved thanks to the ball physics. If it has changed, it's nowhere enough.

Creating chances feels pretty good - like most of the game - but then the shot at the end of it feels, to me, identical to the last (unless you're using superstars with special "cards" that increase their range of potential shot types - and that's such a crap way of doing it, there are plenty of goals in the lowest leagues of any country that are absolute worldies, every week).

However (and possibly stupidly), I have really high hopes for the end-of-October patch. It won't fix the above but it will only improve the game tactically and in terms of realism, from the sounds of it - so what's not to love. Fingers crossed...

So let me understand Chris your reasoning behind you putting together a pc set up. Is it purely on the basis of this years version of ePES 2020 that has made you do this, in which case, do you believe this to be a defining game in the genre, or were you toying with a pc set up anyway? I'm curious because I just wonder if the outlay involved is worth it for the benefits offered by the modding community to immerse oneself further into the actual game. Can a game that is still restrictive in the core aspects of structure of leagues and competitions be redeemed by the inclusion of added refinements such as stadiums,chants,faces,balls etc. Then there is the prospect of a new generation of consoles on the horizon with the possibility of new files that will need to be investigated and altered by the community in order to achieve the same level of immersion. Don't get me wrong I would dearly love to play the game on a high spec pc with all the add-ons available. I just wonder if you feel it worth the time and expense of going down that road

I was considering building a mini pc just for pes too. I'm happy with ps4 version so I'm going to leave it but if I had more play time I would have

I think you're right, there's the other one "direction guide".

Yes, "next player indicator" is a great indicator for team presses too. It's helpful because most of the time, the game chooses the wrong player to press which destroys your defensive formation. At least with it, you'll know if the wrong player will press so you can cancel it or do other things to defend.
It's really very helpful... It's very helpful because when the game chooses "the next player to switch to and player to press", they choose the wrong players a lot of times.
God knows, I’ve tried all the assists.
But there is nothing better for me than defending manual. I use L1 for sure but I do use RS more often!! Flicking the right stick around, switching players, I trigger the “real life pressuring game”! ;) I like to put pressure on my opponent by covering there recipient of a pass! And i like that a lot!! This brings a lot of tactical variances into the game. As I said before, it’s like Gwent in the Witcher’s game!
The “next player” Icon always got me confused, so I’ll stick with manual (RS flicking)! Don’t need no confusion. What I need is being in charge of what my guys do on the pitch!!

Last edited:
I'm done with PES for now, try as I might just can't see past all the blatant disregard Konami show towards authenticity in the games.

Been dealing with it for a while but final straw is playing in SPFL and a couple teams got the konami mega stadium when the teams barely average crowds of 3000-4000 and then most of the other teams play in a stadium called village road with ad boards from who knows where but were supposed to overlook it because two of the stadiums are the real deal.

As for chemistry another thing I'm sick of, its there for what reason? I've just had enough and can't be bothered making excuses for the poor overall product that PES will always ship out.

The perfect game will never come.

Neg knows that from what ive read from him but instead of those nuances in the game making his life a misery and try to make everyone else depressed he is focussing on just having fun with the game asway more to like than hate.

I have said before we have the best football game since PES 6 we need to enjoy it while it lasts because the next 10 years could be another 10 without a good football game. No point pointing out every little detail if we done that with PES 1-6 we'd of turned the internet against the series back at PES 1
That’s it!!! Plain and simple: have fun or let go! And if you can’t let go, because you know your football and what not (oh so well), let go anyway!! ;) No game is worth getting/staying in rage mode...!!!
nothing more to say here!! :)

Edit: I know that’s the easy way around... ;) and we could go more in-depth...

Last edited:
...As I said before, it’s like Gwent in the Witcher’s game!...

When you say stuff like this, I have to keep insisting konami make 1.0 available digitally.

I think yesterday or the day before I played PES and there was a message from konami about rewarding the players with 100 MC coins as the game was being praised around the world.

That makes me think they won't consider bringing 1.0 revert option to the digi version.

And if that's the case then I'll still be around come 2021 release making sure you folks don't preorder.

"One of the most eagerly anticipated matches"

Was it the El Clasico? Manchester Utd vs Liverpool? Boca vs River?

Nope. It was Andorra at home to Cyprus :LOL:

THIS GAME IS PISSING ME OFF!!!

I cannot play one full game online why?! This does not happen on other games I play online, why only on PES?!

The real beauty of this game is not the odd screamer it's the build up, splitting a defence open and then a deflected goal in off the post the gets you a late winner. Its just immense

I love it when the ball breaks free at the edge of the box and your attacking midfielder comes steaming in to either a) blast it home first time or b) use their momentum to burst past the remaining defender and then blast it home.

"One of the most eagerly anticipated matches"

Was it the El Clasico? Manchester Utd vs Liverpool? Boca vs River?

Nope. It was Andorra at home to Cyprus :LOL:

I suspect it just triggers this if the national team rankings are fairly close (but it's pretty dumb, either way).

These 2 commentators irl are quite good and entertaining to listen. The problem is that the devs are giving them a script to read. They have no freedom at all. Commentary should be handled as 2K does in their NBA game and especially when they were releasing the MLB2K game some years back.
Also there is now the technology for dynamic commentary and it's quite cheap to use.
At least this year they added some interesting dynamic lines for previous performances of teams and players.

I love it when the ball breaks free at the edge of the box and your attacking midfielder comes steaming in to either a) blast it home first time or b) use their momentum to burst past the remaining defender and then blast it home.
yeah I can never understand people saying they get little joy from scoring, I get joy from every goal I score.

So, in my ML on superstar ,2nd season I now have 16W-3D-3L . Im fighting with Liverpool and Man city in top.(its possible you see) I just had a couple of tough games, vs Nottingham winning in last mins with 10 men (was 1-0 down here after beating them in cup previously) and Burnley but managed to win there aswell in the end. I've must say again, I've scored so many goals in the last minutes going all out attack..so satisying, gegenpress helps a lot and just pushing them up..yesterday I won in 86min vs chelsea after my 1st shot on goal,on a Free kick, was struggling the whole match. Today I scored a goal with Mandzukic in zlatan ,kung fu style aswell..many great moments. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom