eFootball (All Platforms)

If they keep Dreamteam or don't change it completely as it's atm the only mode which bring money, people will get bored and the game will fall.
But not that quick. You want the game to fall faster, but it's impossible ftm, by logic.

Remember that the game is only playable since let's say June-July 2022. Too soon for people who like that game and Dreamteam "finished" even after the game, to get bored.

I know a bit off topic, but those guys developing that ''other'' f2p football game (revealed at e3), if i were them, id do whatever in my ability to bring in seabass to the team and use his knowhow and vision to enhance their game 10 fold in whatever aspect.

(It's not even just PES, by the way... Even FUT started out with everyone having "bronze" players and having to really grind/work their way up. Even I played, and enjoyed, FUT at the start - because everyone had to start at the bottom, and the best thing for me was seeing really scrappy games where the winner was the guy who managed to hit the fewest terrible passes, whereas in the modern games there is no such thing as a terrible pass.)
Yeah this point resonates with me too, It used to be the first season in FUT (Div 9 I think) was pretty fun because you'd start with your bronze team, player other bronze teams in your division and like you say, similar to PES ML's of old, you built an attachment and familiarity to your bronze players, learning their strengths and trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Once you got your first silver player, it felt like a massive event!

It's goes out of the window once you got promoted and enter division 8 and all of a sudden, the teams are drastically overpowered with FUT pack buyers; just one division up. There was so sense of incremental progression up the divisions and you suddenly can't compete against these teams unless you of course, resort to spending money to make it a level playing field and of course, this is how FUT beast continues to be fed off of us.

myClub and now DreamTeam however, you start from stratch with a very decent team from the off and with Konami giving you free currency every day anyway, destroys all of that fun grind we reminisce about. It's like walking into a nightclub and before you've even thought about what your first drink will be, the hottest girl in there puts her arm around you and says "we're going home, tonight's your lucky night!"

The thrill is in the chase and you wanna feel like you've earned that reward. If you get the best team straight away, where do you go from there? There's no high to achieve other than satisfy your new found addiction to opening packs for the sake of opening them.

But it is a bit for sports games : you want to play X season from the past... You can't. Never goes back to play one game from season 21-22.

Not devilish but just doesn't fit with the theme which is sports, with seasons/mid season with new players, new teams every year, making history.
It's linked to reality and present, but no more past... Which is leaving a certain whole in the game even if there were tons of new modes, offline etc.

OK for a fighting game or Fortnite and others games you all mentioned (FPS etc). But it's dumb as fuck for sports games.
Always dream of a Story Mode that chronicles a team's season or rivalry in the WWE 2K Showcase style

Type That while you play the most important games they have documentary-type videos with the old or current players who played it

Last edited:
Good to see that eFootball fail Konami's expectations... to be fair.. what expectations did they have in the first place !?

Yeah... the service (yes it's not a game for me, it's a mode, and service) fails with content, and doesn't looks like next-gen or plays better than old-gen PES, there is nothing to do! What are they thinking !?

Those who are addicted to opening packs will open packs, yeah but the majority will find nothing interesting to do other! You need 2-3 hours to play everything that the service has, and after that, for 2 years they recycle the same event with different thumbnails... what idiot at Konami thinks that's enough to make a lot of money!? Do they rely on the gambling essence of gamers, throw 100 versions of Mbappe, and hope they buy it? Just that?

Last edited:
I've loved editing and/or creating teams ever since I 1st started messing around with PES' editor so many years ago, and it's been one of my favorite ways to play PES, video games in general, during most of my life, especially as we were given more and more tools with each year, until we got to the point where we could create new kits for licensed teams as long as there were slots available, making kits on Paint.NET and GIMP became a hobby of mine, especially doing my favorite clubs' and national teams kits... so of course I was quite disappointed when eFootball came around and it was gone. Of course, they told us that it would be added later, and for a while I didn't mind much, I mean... how long could it possibly take? Well, fast forward quite a few months and still nothing, and I'm more upset now than ever because the club I support decided to make a voting between members, regarding a new crest, in the middle of the file I've just attached to this post, normally I'd go and have some fun with it, using it as the crest for my MyClub/Dream Team while making kits to go along with it... but I can't, and even if I could, it'd only be for that, not for offline, as there's none yet... all I need is Brazilian clubs, a custom cup mode and an editor, but Konami can't even give me that.

Attachments

• CFC2023.png
    CFC2023.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 21
I've loved editing and/or creating teams ever since I 1st started messing around with PES' editor so many years ago, and it's been one of my favorite ways to play PES, video games in general, during most of my life, especially as we were given more and more tools with each year, until we got to the point where we could create new kits for licensed teams as long as there were slots available, making kits on Paint.NET and GIMP became a hobby of mine, especially doing my favorite clubs' and national teams kits... so of course I was quite disappointed when eFootball came around and it was gone. Of course, they told us that it would be added later, and for a while I didn't mind much, I mean... how long could it possibly take? Well, fast forward quite a few months and still nothing, and I'm more upset now than ever because the club I support decided to make a voting between members, regarding a new crest, in the middle of the file I've just attached to this post, normally I'd go and have some fun with it, using it as the crest for my MyClub/Dream Team while making kits to go along with it... but I can't, and even if I could, it'd only be for that, not for offline, as there's none yet... all I need is Brazilian clubs, a custom cup mode and an editor, but Konami can't even give me that.

I know the pan my friend, I really do.

Reactions: MKC
eFootball is a mobile game. It will never reach PC/console expectations, no matter how big the team is or how much money they spend

tbf, PES 2019 also looks like a mobile game to me judging by its main menu. Just remove all offline content from PES 2019 and it's almost look the same like efootball :D

Konami just needs to increase the team or invest more for efootball and that's it. It will surely come back to them

Or they should've never left their loyal fanbase in first place which is ML.

It's going to be interesting to see what Konami do when they have to face UFL soon, they are both trying to capture very similar F2P markets, and if Konami keeps up this stagnation, I don't see why people would settle for Konami's cold shoulder attitude over UFL's team who seem to actually be interested in engaging with their community. That is offcourse, unless they invest into offline which doesnt seem to be in the plans for UFL.

UFL will fail the same way efootball did. All of them have the same assumption:

If we offer an Ultimate Team mode for Free the Fifa Players will come to our game.

No one has stopped for a second and thought: hey wait a minute even with a Free2Play Ultimate Team mode for years (PESLite) Fifa players still spend the money every year on Fifa for Ultimate Team. Indeed each year more and more players seem to buy Fifa.

So WHY do you try to Copy Ultimate Team if clearly Fifa already delivers what those players want and also offers all the other modes in the package (Career, Volta, Pro Clubs etc).

It's not a coincidence EA changed the chemistry system for Ultimate Team this year to keep things fresh and added moments. They know how to keep the
players of FUT engaged all year.

So the questions remains: why try to go into that market with efootball and UFL when just copying them and in both cases it is the meme:

Players: Mom can I play Ultimate Team.

Efootball and UFL: we have Ultimate team at home.

I don't understand the strategy at all.

Well this screenshot alone screams: We have FUT at home :D

It literally is just a Carbon Copy of FUT. They even copied the chemistry system.
Come on stop that's a PES analogy, that's what their boss was saying. :LMAO:

can really notice the similarity of FIFA, not only online, but also gameplay. So it seems they are UFL lying about wanting PES gameplay.

If u dont let participate pc users from the 2nd round why even let them enter the competition?
Same for ANY console users since only ps4 players can participate after one point…

Seems like this is a PS4 competition only after all.
Might be a deal with Sony. They are paying a couple of developers/publishers for exclusive Tournaments and competitions. Fifa has something similar in FUT where only on Playstation certain tournaments are available.

Unlikely that Sony would waste money on this, more likely that the userbase is bigger on PS and Konami simply discarded non-PS users.

Back
Top Bottom