eFootball (All Platforms)

With all doing respect to your demands and opinions guys, I think Konami could've done way way way better game if they decided to stick to the Fox engine rather than moving to Unreal, imagine two years of developing Pes2021 physically and graphically without wasting time moving, transforming and adjusting all materials from Fox to Unreal.
I mean, look what modders were able to achieve in mere months with limited tools! PES 2021 was an incredibly solid ground to start with to build a next gen game IMHO.

What a surprise (shocked smiley)

Where is now genius at KONAMI who though cross-platform is great idea .... to abandon next-get versions for cash-grab mobile.

Well even mobile players have some standards, and whey you quality drops soo low that you start losing licences, what cards would you be selling then.

Castolo or Minanda card maybe ???

With all doing respect to your demands and opinions guys, I think Konami could've done way way way better game if they decided to stick to the Fox engine rather than moving to Unreal, imagine two years of developing Pes2021 physically and graphically without wasting time moving, transforming and adjusting all materials from Fox to Unreal.
I mean, look what modders were able to achieve in mere months with limited tools! PES 2021 was an incredibly solid ground to start with to build a next gen game IMHO.
Maybe you miss it but the game is hybrid between FOX and Unreal, Durandil proves it, mostly the core elements as animations and gameplay are still on old FOX engine.

I thought the eFootball twitter account was made to talk about the game? Because now it just promotes stupid team polls and match ticket giveaways…

I mean, the poor guy writing those tweets must think the same way, but what in earth are Konami doing? What do they gain exactly from this?

I thought the eFootball twitter account was made to talk about the game? Because now it just promotes stupid team polls and match ticket giveaways…

I mean, the poor guy writing those tweets must think the same way, but what in earth are Konami doing? What do they gain exactly from this?

To "maintain" (read: holding on for dear life) user engagement rates with their brand even if it's ultimately a futile act. They have the sum total of nothing to Tweet about in regards to 2022, so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. A lot of social media is dependent on consistency. They also have contractual obligations with their sponsors/partners that they have to adhere to such as promotional Tweets and giveaways. This is par for the course and nothing out of the ordinary. What is out of the ordinary, however, is that they've had to shelve their product for at least six-months because its launch was an absolute dumpster fire. Hence why it's so jarring.

Last edited:
I think eFootball 2022 is yet death befor we could get had a chance to get the full game version 1.0 and/or ML mode. :COAT:

It's so faggin enoyeing!

Control running with the ball is one of the worst in football history ! Its like they are always on the ice or drunk and are afraid of falling. The players controls have nothing to do with the real dynamics of the movements and turns of professional footballers and athletes . Maybe you enjoy scoring easy running and shouting goals because the opponents cant stop you but that don't make it right or good.

Efootball needs a refinement, maintain and improve the Efootball brand.

Control running with the ball is the best in football history. Controlling in the attack is easy, defending is difficult.

Goals 2.0

Nice dribbling. Also see how scared defending players were to commit which hints at an interesting balance in attack vs defence.

Such a shame that the shooting is limp.

I really enjoy the game whenever I play it. But it lacks detail, grit, amongst many other shortcomings.

It seems it was simply released completely unfinished, which may have done irreparable damage. Perhaps not though. The world moves quickly, forgets quickly too. If they really fix it, add detail and depth and all (or just some) of the tactics etc with visual polish between now and next August, they might get away with it. But it needs a huge show of commitment from konami. Even a really good ps4 pro level game would probably earn them a degree of forgiveness, especially as fifa isnt exactly a full blown next gen title...there's a general industry-wide stutter that may have bought konami some cover.

Control running with the ball is one of the worst in football history ! Its like they are always on the ice or drunk and are afraid of falling. The players controls have nothing to do with the real dynamics of the movements and turns of professional footballers and athletes . Maybe you enjoy scoring easy running and shouting goals because the opponents cant stop you but that don't make it right or good.
In part you have a point that I agree with, and the point is the adjustment. I don't like to score easy goals, the point is that it's much more difficult to defend in Efootball than in PES, lack a better adjustment for the defenders, without losing the Efootball identity, they've already made mistakes by nerfing L2.

Nice dribbling. Also see how scared defending players were to commit which hints at an interesting balance in attack vs defence.

Such a shame that the shooting is limp.

I really enjoy the game whenever I play it. But it lacks detail, grit, amongst many other shortcomings.

It seems it was simply released completely unfinished, which may have done irreparable damage. Perhaps not though. The world moves quickly, forgets quickly too. If they really fix it, add detail and depth and all (or just some) of the tactics etc with visual polish between now and next August, they might get away with it. But it needs a huge show of commitment from konami. Even a really good ps4 pro level game would probably earn them a degree of forgiveness, especially as fifa isnt exactly a full blown next gen title...there's a general industry-wide stutter that may have bought konami some cover.
I agree with you.
Konami needs to decide what it wants from the football series and be focused, committed and willing. It's simple, there's a new game there that can be improved to the point of recovering at least your base, let go of amateurism and decide, let's face it...

just change to manual shooting ;)
I haven't tested it on efootball yet.
Every ridiculous kick I gave showed and shows how much we are helped with the basic kick.
The same goes for the pass.
And in my opinion the game should only have this option (manual for all).

Last edited:
I was out of here, let's talk about licenses? second warrior narrator in the final of ebrasileirao 2021, spoke behind the scenes that konami renewed with Serie A plus B for 4 years, until 2026, official announcement next year, before the start of the championship. it is worth remembering that EA tried conversations with the CBF, but without success.

I was out of here, let's talk about licenses? second warrior narrator in the final of ebrasileirao 2021, spoke behind the scenes that konami renewed with Serie A plus B for 4 years, until 2026, official announcement next year, before the start of the championship. it is worth remembering that EA tried conversations with the CBF, but without success.
Hi Renan, why did you erase your twitter account? Thanks for your reply

Alright Guys cool it, I am not bothered who comments next I will just pull the pair of You out of here.
this idiot is always here to pollute the environment, I've always come here to comment and he's always with these jokes! must be frustrated in life, that's why! but rest assured he's just a man behind a keyboard!

In part you have a point that I agree with, and the point is the adjustment. I don't like to score easy goals, the point is that it's much more difficult to defend in Efootball than in PES, lack a better adjustment for the defenders, without losing the Efootball identity, they've already made mistakes by nerfing L2.

I agree with you.
Konami needs to decide what it wants from the football series and be focused, committed and willing. It's simple, there's a new game there that can be improved to the point of recovering at least your base, let go of amateurism and decide, let's face it...

Echoing in outcry your view to drop amateurism and decide to move forward, I only stumbled on an old account at evoweb and am looking forward to participating in casual banter first off before seeing the evolution of the game loved by so many aorund the world. Best

P.S. On a side note, I cannot deny the sentiment of missing said 'grit' in competition at any level ever on Pro Evo.

Not to expose the skill of eFootballlers everywhere, I am experiencing the increased difficulty of the game defensive-wise, since allegedly Totti has said of L2 being nerfed (i guess). I elect primarily to switch to my potential defender early on; invariably stand yards off ideally along a roughly diagonal between the forward and my goal posts. I press nothing except X (PS) to trigger AI contain or match up, which I am not the biggest fan of when it comes to making zero interceptions without it. I don't want to be discouraged just yet in spite of defending appearing simply unconvincing since the changes in controls this year. I would look back for example at legacy defending and pressing being used, and tackling being done on the fabled eFootball tournament vids uploaded on YT. I don't underestimate how far off my skills/consistency might be to theirs and a myriad of more than competent footy gamers. At any rate I understand a balance has to be struck between offense and defense.

For my own 2 cents, I lack in the latter department more as a result of not being truly in-tune with the timing of some new commands to me like using super cancel or sealing off a ball running out of play in my favor. I do nothing in terms of directions sometimes since holding down Sprint will occasionally maintain a prior AI run which I don't want to differ from only for a second. Changing gears to where I can properly close down an attacker senselessly dwelling on the ball, my inputs improve considerably...

How many new football games are on your respective radars?
To date I count the 4:
-EA's Fifa
-eFootball
-UFL
-2K's Fifa
2K's FIFA never existed

Some news about Efootball:
In Steamdb, qccheck depot was updated some days ago (8 December). This means that we can get an update this week or in the next (this thing was last updated nine days before the November 5 patch, and before that, 13 days before the game's launch).
Also, something called Virtual Coin For Testing also appeared, so Konami is apparently testing their eFootball Coins. (this was supposed to appear in 1.0 delayed from November, so looks like they would activate it without even testing)

Back
Top Bottom