eFootball (All Platforms)

Defending sounds interesting & I welcome the change.

I really don't understand why Konami are releasing a bulid which is inferior to the one these play testers have sampled? Sounds like the things missing are pretty huge from a gameplay standpoint. This will do more harm than good, Konami should just delay the release until these things are ready.

Also, why are we here playing PES and not FIFA? Why are we playing a game with no licenses and poor modes, poor presentation, and much fewer player available online to play with? It seems to be all-downsides if it isn't gameplay that's keeping us here.
I think a lot of us, including me, playing Pes not for what it is, but for what it used to be. And a lot of us are playing both games here.

Problem is - FIFA is not there yet.
And Pes in not there anymore.

But FIFA is getting there, while Pes is drifting away, further and further every year. We are stuck to Pes hoping it will go back to where it was, while being curious about FIFAs progress. But they are both going opposite ways now.

I personally dont like when people are biased towards any of them. They see and highlight all the flaws in one, while ignoring or trying to find excuses for the other. For me, personally, credibility is getting lost here.
And Im not talking about you here, just in general, watching both Threads of the forum.

I listened to this one and the spoony one so far, not yet PES Universe (honestly, takes a mental effort to sit through Barry's wishywashy means of expressing things for me!). I thought Cam's overview was the most balanced, and the Q&A was interesting.
Agree, Cam talks really balanced and his manner of speaking is slow and calm, so much better than half the crap i hear on youtube with sceamy idiots and their hyperbole

Last edited:
Nice to hear! Did you get the chance to ask why it can't be there from the start?
They are testing different builds out every week. But no mate, sorry I didn't ask.

Lol, i am listening to your impressions as of writing this.. A question, still feel individuality between players ?
Erm Player ID is kinda there for current players like Messi, Lewa, Ronaldo in terms of free-kick animations. I didn't really notice anything else. Player Traits still remain

not saying it's deliberate from konami to not send the B-Roll but i'm finding the video reviews really hard to follow with the random footage not representing the game. would love to see some written thoughts in English instead.

we giveth with one hand with the 'sharp kicks' but what does that mean for R2 as a loft modifier for long passes? one of my go to moves a lofted pass into the channel, has that gone/

haha adidas power soccer comparisons with the sharp kicks and power shots :LMAO:
Adidas Power Soccer was the first football game I had on the PlayStation (was one of the games bundled with it). Hope on eFootball the keepers get launched into the goal from a power shot. That's the one thing no other football sim has captured so well.

That's "Next Gen Base", the spin-off from the WENB guys, isn't it? (EDIT: Yes it is.)

Blimey. If they're knocking it...
Worth a listen from about 6 mins onwards where he talks about the bad and the ugly.

obviously we all know it looks terrible and he confirms the grass is flat, the atmosphere and the crowd are pixellated and lifeless.

but then he talks about how mapping the R2 button as sprint and a pass/shot modifier causes mayhem. just sounds like a broken mess.

Adam particularly wants to highlight the PES Universe impressions

i am shocked i tell you

If you read between the lines and brush off the glitter Pesuniverse are always throwing on top of their impressions - I see the same issues as last few years
- collisions
- referees
- AI awareness
Its mad to expect them fixing any of those. They were fully focused on porting the game to unreal and balancing cross play. Biggest issues of the series were at the very bottom of their priority list.

And again - 5mins matches, which is a proper kick in the balls for offline players, forcing them to play online.
Only this time - fuck knows for how long.

Worth a listen from about 6 mins onwards where he talks about the bad and the ugly.

obviously we all know it looks terrible and he confirms the grass is flat, the atmosphere and the crowd are pixellated and lifeless.

but then he talks about how mapping the R2 button as sprint and a pass/shot modifier causes mayhem. just sounds like a broken mess.

The difference between that and SpoonyPizzas's take is astonishing, he was practically having an orgasm about the amazing quality of the crowd and saying it's better than FIFA 22.

So I guess the blue bar is regarding the new power shots, passes, if you have R2 pressed the bar goes blue.

That implies the leaked footage was the newer build with "Sharp Kicks", presumably those noobs were holding sprint all the time and so unwittingly triggering it on the majority of passes and shots.

eFootball vs PES

The real differences with PES are found in the gameplay. As seen in the trailers, the main focus of the developers has been to rethink the animations and ball control as a function of 1vs1 clashes that now take a central role in the unfolding of the game. In fact, the player is provided with many new options both in defense and in attack to keep possession of the ball, overtake opponents or steal the ball with more or less risky interventions. And that change of pace suggested by the fluidity of the action, is found in a game setting that tends to seek physical contact, a factor that adds a certain level of aggression in the settings of the actions.

All this is obviously accompanied by a partial rewrite of the command system, now adapted to respond in the best possible way to the new animations and techniques. For example, on the DualSense, the L2 button is used both to push the selected player to press the ball carrier and to position his body to "shield" the ball in the opposite case.

Even the feint system has been revised to accommodate the new physics of the ball and the shot has a radically different feeling compared to PES. The result is a gameplay that looks familiar but differs on some basic elements, thus giving another flavor to the new football of Konami. Even for those who come from PES the first impact is not so immediate and eFootball requires practice to get used to the new features introduced and hope to close a match as a winner. However, there are some elements that are still not perfectly integrated.

Even though the refereeing system has made some progress, and the implementation of the advantage rule is excellent, there are times when it is inconsistent and unrealistic. The same goes for the collision system, sometimes plagued by unconvincing contacts and interpenetrations between polygonal models.

The layout of the eleven players on the field and the artificial intelligence of the players not directly controlled by the player is good and manages to effectively follow the intentions of the users by correctly applying the selected tactics. There are, however, some confusing situations that break the schemes and create nonsense on the field.

The developers' approach is to take advantage of the free-to-play and "open" nature of eFootball to improve over time not only the content offer but also the gameplay balance. The switch to the Unreal Engine and the new game structure impose a process in the making that will be far from complete when the title is released at the end of the month.

For example, the demo at our disposal presented a feature that will not be available at launch: the "power shoot", activated with R2. By associating the pressure of the key to a shot or a pass of any kind you will perform a more powerful action than normal but also much less precise, indicated by the change of color of the loading bar. This is certainly an interesting idea, but it will need some more time to be fully integrated.

Source: https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/pr...lay-gioco-calcio-gratis-azione-ps5-54442.html

They are testing different builds out every week. But no mate, sorry I didn't ask.

Erm Player ID is kinda there for current players like Messi, Lewa, Ronaldo in terms of free-kick animations. I didn't really notice anything else. Player Traits still remain

Kinda tied to this bc im not sure if he is asking the same as me, is the ai the same like last year? Messi plays like Messi? Do the AI dribble, run or just pass, turn, shoot still?

How are PES Uni going to spin this one if it’s as bad as I think it’s going to be based on Next Gen’s feedback?

“Come buy our option file! We have several custom neon kits for Messi to strut his stuff in. Gold membership is now just £8.99 and we’ll throw in a free PES Universe pencil case.”

edit: I’m listening to Spoony Pizzas now. Talk about selling your soul. I just can’t take him seriously whatsoever - he’s basically saying the exact opposite to next gen base. It’s really going to backfire for these guys when we all get to play and see it with our own non-biased eyes.

The comments in his video too: “oh Spoony thanks for restoring faith!”

he’s not going to say it’s shit is he?! The guy makes money from PES now.

What a shit show.

Last edited:
How are PES Uni going to spin this one if it’s as bad as I think it’s going to be based on Next Gen’s feedback?

“Come buy our option file! We have several custom neon kits for Messi to strut his stuff in. Gold membership is now just £8.99 and we’ll throw in a free PES Universe pencil case.”

edit: I’m listening to Spoony Pizzas now. Talk about selling your soul. I just can’t take him seriously whatsoever - he’s basically saying the exact opposite to next gen base. It’s really going to backfire for these guys when we all get to play and see it with our own non-biased eyes.

The comments in his video too: “oh Spoony thanks for restoring faith!”

he’s not going to say it’s shit is he?! The guy makes money from PES now.

What a shit show.
How?

Back
Top Bottom