eFootball (All Platforms)

I love PES. It was my first love. It never left me down. I knew. Pro evolution soccer. Would never let me down. It was my distraction, my salvation.

from the days of GOAL STORM 97. It had me. Scoring a goal after the very first triangle through ball to A silver haired Ravamelli. I was in love.

it kept on improving and getting better. With PES 5 and 6 being the pinnacle. There were tough times too in 2009, 2010 & PES14. And resurgent times loke PES2011 & PES2013.

it was the exclusive coffee house that some loved. And some hated. But no one felt indifferent about it. It wasn’t Starbucks and it wouldn’t homogenize itself.

my best ever Konami football games were in the orde

1. Winning eleven 7 international
2. ISS PRO 98
3. PES2011

thanks for the memories and being there PES. nothing stays the same. Change is inevitable.
When we cling on to what used to be the truth we become liars.

so Im saying thank you for making my childhood better.

I mean, he's not wrong:

Quick, folks.

Run to your nearest Lidl and get yourself some eFootball-themed shoes before they sell out...

(Laces for display purposes only. Actual laces arriving Winter, but not sure of what year. GBP £2.99. Pre-order now.)

Its the last PES and PES 20 has already been removed from steam. Better get it before they remove pes 21 too.

This suggests to me they're reducing headcount/sacking the old PES dev teams. They don't want to pay people to keep the game up to date with GFX/Windows updates.... probably easier to just make any of the traditional PES games unavailable.

With a new engine, I wonder if they now have a much smaller and new dev team, hence everything looking so basic and garbage. They've done this with other historic Konami franchises and look like they want out of making triple A games.

Also, offline modes like "Master League" will be sold as additional DLC on all compatible devices.
If you translate the tweet, it does specifically say "Master League".

So at least Konami have now officially acknowledged it is coming at some stage.

(It took them 24 entire hours to respond to the backlash...)

But. What will any ML look like with 9 teams and no leagues?

This suggests to me they're reducing headcount/sacking the old PES dev teams. They don't want to pay people to keep the game up to date with GFX/Windows updates.... probably easier to just make any of the traditional PES games unavailable.

With a new engine, I wonder if they now have a much smaller and new dev team, hence everything looking so basic and garbage. They've done this with other historic Konami franchises and look like they want out of making triple A games.

Tbh, they also removed Pes 13,14, and all the way upto 19 within 2-3 years of releasing them in store. So this is not a new thing.

Most probably licensing issues. I wonder how their licensing contracts work? EA does the same with their FIFA games, but usually they sell their games for 4 or more years before removing them from Origin. Is it only the soundtracks that loose the license like other games? Or even the Kits and club names have temporary licensing? Cause if it's not the later, then they could just remove the music files and sell the game. Al though, from business standpoint, they don't want use to play their old games and focus on their latest games, so they wouldn't do it anyway.

Whatever the case is, PES 20 pc port is extinct now bar the remaining keys that you can get from shady sites. Rest of the games are well archived by non legal means.

If you translate the tweet, it does specifically say "Master League".

So at least Konami have now officially acknowledged it is coming at some stage.

(It took them 24 entire hours to respond to the backlash...)

But. What will any ML look like with 9 teams and no leagues?

Holy shit, it's so similar to the current mobile game that they can deliver "eFootball" as an in-app update:

The mobile version of "eFootball ™" l will be provided as an update from the current app.

Last edited:
I mean, he's not wrong:
I disagree Chris, in fact i would say the man has no....
[HIDE]Logo_Ikea_C4694F4F01B8352EC1257C2B004A3F39.jpg :COAT: [/HIDE]

Seriously though, going back over yesterdays missed posts and today's. It is like returning to a scene of a bad accident. I never thought i would say this about a video game, but just like losing your GF, you never know their value to yourself till they're gone (well sometimes).

I mean, he's not wrong:

Quick, folks.

Run to your nearest Lidl and get yourself some eFootball-themed shoes before they sell out...

(Laces for display purposes only. Actual laces arriving Winter, but not sure of what year. GBP £2.99. Pre-order now.)
Lidl FC
IF IKEA.
CD El Corte Inglês
and so on...

This changes nothing.

Because gameplay will still be downscaled to mobile games, just like it was in the beta.
Because they said so themselves:" 1vs1 is where it is, 1 vs AI is not exciting" so we can expect 1vs AI to be as bad as ever, and maybe even worse.

At best it will be like the old Pes 2021 Master with nothing more than that.

Well, you can still pretend this is a real Pes game, but we all know the series, as it was intended since the beginning, is dead.

Not going to buy the dlc Master League, not with these graphics and gameplay.

"We've taken a 2 year hiatus to bring you the best mobile port ever!

At release (remember we've been working on this for 2 years!) you'll have 9 (NINE!) different teams to choose from!

With a lot of your favourite players like: 94-year old Ronald and Lionel "I-Look-Like-I-Need-To-Take-A-Dump" Messi!

These incredible graphics (2 years btw) will blow you away!"

The worst thing is, the leagues and all their teams/players will be there (for all those random myClub balls). The question is, will these teams be playable?

With a more cool headed opinion, I think they are working behind schedule development-wise. I don’t know if it’s because of COVID, struggles with the new engine, change of plans…

If you notice, on September is literally the demo. Notice the 9 teams, only exhibition games. It’s the same as the last PES demos we got.

I am convincing myself we won’t get a proper game until many months after release, around February-March next year.

Hopefully some insider can get proper info about what’s happening inside JP dev team.

Back
Top Bottom