eFootball (All Platforms)

Very interesting that Konami released an offline game with no microtransactions to directly compete with FC27. Could the rivalry be restarting?

Konami also has without question released the best sports game in the past 10 years in Pro Spirit Baseball (also with no microtransactions). Could this mean something (or am I just having a stroke)?

Not sure it's to directly compete when it's only released on switch, unless I'm mistaken.
 
In my humble opinion, despite all its shortcomings, eFootball is currently the best football game when it comes to gameplay quality.
I’ve been part of a community of like-minded FUMA - players for around two years now, where the result isn’t the main priority.
We’re mainly here to enjoy the game and have a good time.
We have our own transfer market and database.
We play league matches and friendlies using DT1-level teams, with players capped at a maximum rating of 76 and no player progression.

Honestly, I think it’s been the best my eFootball experience I’ve had so far.

 
Very interesting that Konami released an offline game with no microtransactions to directly compete with FC27. Could the rivalry be restarting?

Konami also has without question released the best sports game in the past 10 years in Pro Spirit Baseball (also with no microtransactions). Could this mean something (or am I just having a stroke)?
To directly compete with FC27? It's Switch 2 only, mate
 


Came here to post the news. I don't have it, but that's good for those who do. It's not a Master League but it's something.

Have to confess... saw a streamer I like, time ago, do a mini series on eFootball's World Tour on Switch 2 when it came out.

Well, while the mode isn't my dream one, it looked just like LOADS of fun on the field. Maybe it's not perfect but the variety, the all around action, the CPU... feels like such a breath of fresh hair. At least for my tastes.

I've never been big on league play, and I'd certainly wouldn't pick a Switch 2 just for this, but I'd totally, surely buy this full price if it was on pc. It's so unfortunate that we are stuck for eternity with this awful online only model.
 
Have to confess... saw a streamer I like, time ago, do a mini series on eFootball's World Tour on Switch 2 when it came out.

Well, while the mode isn't my dream one, it looked just like LOADS of fun on the field. Maybe it's not perfect but the variety, the all around action, the CPU... feels like such a breath of fresh hair. At least for my tastes.

I've never been big on league play, and I'd certainly wouldn't pick a Switch 2 just for this, but I'd totally, surely buy this full price if it was on pc. It's so unfortunate that we are stuck for eternity with this awful online only model.
Can you share a link to the mini series?
 
Can you share a link to the mini series?
Sure! Have to warn you he's italian like me, though 😅 :



Don't know how much you'll be able to appreciate him as a character if you don't speak the language, however if you want to enjoy the gameplay and his commentary Ita to Eng subs works just fine.
 
Ugh why can't they get this on other platforms? Why switch 2 if it has small playera base. I really enjoy the gameplay of eF but without a league or something to motivate me to keep playing it's not easy
 
Ugh why can't they get this on other platforms? Why switch 2 if it has small playera base. I really enjoy the gameplay of eF but without a league or something to motivate me to keep playing it's not easy
Clearly different people are working on the switch version than the console/pc/mobile version. No microtransaction, better UI, each league has their own scoreboard and prematch presentations, option to change match length and gamespeed on each mode, league mode has fatigue and suspension system unlike myleague and so on. I won't be surprised if next big update they will add european cup or domestic cup and transfer system within the league mode.


 
Been playing Kick Off for few days now. Gameplay is better than PES 21 (my opinion). I tested both PC eFootball and Kick Off again (my opinion) but AI seems better on KO and the flow of the match is better than EF on PC. I played 1 match on EF then switch to KO...did this about 6-7 times just to make sure it's not a placebo effect, and it doesn't seem like it is. KO on Switch 2 is the game to play.

On another note, I'm finding EF to have better gameplay than FL26 (with all mods, etc etc).

If Konami decided to remove annoying UI on EF...add ML and a few other options, that would be it for PES 21.

KO also is the only football game since Pes 17 that you can crave that "one more match".

I put my KO on my LG OLED TV and game looks stunning! No reshades needed, vanilla out the box and its absolutely stunning.
 
Last edited:
Ugh why can't they get this on other platforms? Why switch 2 if it has small players base. I really enjoy the gameplay of eF but without a league or something to motivate me to keep playing it's not easy

It's probably that the policies and commercial agreements follow what Nintendo wants from Konami for its niche of users and to differentiate itself from competitors, something that Nintendo has always wanted to do in some way with its consoles. Nintendo probably hopes to bring more PES fans to its console and Konami, with the easy crossplatform, that the unreal engine allows them, it really doesn't cost anything to dedicate time to this version without cards and "pay-to-win" gambling, to make him more similar to the old PES style...

Clearly different people are working on the switch version than the console/pc/mobile version. No microtransaction, better UI, each league has their own scoreboard and prematch presentations, option to change match length and gamespeed on each mode, league mode has fatigue and suspension system unlike myleague and so on. I won't be surprised if next big update they will add european cup or domestic cup and transfer system within the league mode.

... so it's probably as you said: Konami has a dedicated team only for Nintendo development that was to seel a real game to their users and not to open a "free" gambling business based on online pay-to-win, also aimed at a very young audience
 
Last edited:
I play 2nd Spanish Leauge with Mallorca. Second-highest difficulty level, gamespeed -1 and minimal pass-assist.
It is so much fun. My only complaint is, you have to press the shoot button too long to make a higher shot.
Edit: attention! You only can choose the game length in league mode, right at the start where you also choose your league/team. You can not change it once you started the season.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom