EA SPORTS FC 27

I tried a bit the demo on legendary/authentic. Like a couple of matches, so take it with a pinch of salt.

I think there are some improvements here and there. Defense feels tighter (at least from this first impression), and there is a nice pressing all around the field (although I don't know how much it is due to me playing Real vs Bayern); finally I'm seeing again the enemy keeper and all the enemy team reversing in the box for a final corner if they are losing, although to be honest I can't see the same urgency on the field, but perhaps it needs to be played more... ? Anyway, surely great they finally brought back this logic (have not seen it in a long while, perhaps it still happened and I was unlucky/not played the game enough in the latest years).
Anyway, I also surely saw more fouls (I even had a penalty in my like 2nd match).

However.. I feel like the elephant in the room is still there, and as big as before... ball physics, ball control, dribbling, passing, the kind of magnetic standing tackle/contact system (I have no idea how to better describe it, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about) that remained unchanged since 23 I think?,... I'm afraid it's still just not for me until this stuff will be revised.

That said, if they really upgraded a bit CPU logic in a finally appreciable offensive/defensive mentality changing in game and general positioning/movement (I genuinely can't tell in a way or another from this demo), I'll watch with some bare minimum interest.
 
Finally had a go on FC27 lite, it has potential but it's so jarring coming off of Anth's mod for the last year, even on Authentic it's still just so frantic, everyone is darting about like wasps in a hive and the lines are so high, once one defender is beaten, they all step aside like Peter Parker letting the robber escape who kills his Uncle Ben.

To be fair some of the actual movement and foot planting looks a bit better, though it still has that trademark skaty/floaty feeling where you never know which direction your player is going to spazz out when you receive a pass and just want to turn slightly.
 
Im eagerly waiting for the FIFA Editing Toolsuite and the Fifa Mod Manager. I want to disable Depth of Field and i want to try to activate native DLSS in game. I tried this with FC 26 already. The game has all commands for DLSS, FSR, XESS, even many framegen options in the exe, but it was crashing as soon as i started a match. In the Menu DLSS was working. DLSS 5 was also hooking with real DLSS inputs in the menu.
I already saw there is a new section in the initfs data with FSR 3 settings.

Code:
// FIFA_BEGIN | DIVERGENCE | mgrigore | 2026-06-09 | FSR3 global settings, can be tweaked per platform
WorldRender.TemporalUpsampleMode TemporalUpsampleMode_Fsr3Upsampler_Ultra_Quality
Fsr3UpsamplerRenderSettings.LockThresholdEndTransition 0.05
Fsr3UpsamplerRenderSettings.LockThresholdStartTransition 0.5
Fsr3UpsamplerRenderSettings.LockCutoffDistance 20
Fsr3UpsamplerRenderSettings.LockFadeDistance 50
// FIFA_END
 
Last edited:
This one? Vanilla? Sorry, but i really fail to see any traces of advanced animations or physics that make me want to go back in time.

Do you not think every pass starts with an initial acceleration as momentum is transferred, then slows as it travels to the recipient and friction/gravity impacts it? Instead of the way passes are "pushed" between players now - at a constant speed, with no control necessary?

(Before someone says "sliders" - you can slow passes down but you can't make them calculate momentum, and you can add horrible first touches but they don't really impact the way controlling the ball happens; they're either sucked into the boot as the player moves off or sort of "chipped" a distance away from them. As with everything in FC, IMO, everything is a simple calculation for the sake of "fun" with sliders not providing an actual fix, or making anything more organic.)

@Emroth (who didn't make a football game related post for years given his total lack of enjoyment of the newer games) came back to post this after discovering FIFA 14 next-gen last month, and I can't help but agree personally (the whole post is here):

...if any EA dev wonder what's so special about it - they should play a few FC27 matches and then go and play F14 (next-gen) and see the difference. No mods, default sliders, normal speed. See what you used to have in comparison to what you have now.
 
Do you not think every pass starts with an initial acceleration as momentum is transferred, then slows as it travels to the recipient and friction/gravity impacts it? Instead of the way passes are "pushed" between players now - at a constant speed, with no control necessary?

(FC's sliders can add horrible first touches but they don't really impact the way controlling the ball happens, they're either sucked into the boot as the player moves off or sort of "chipped" a distance away from them - as with everything in FC, a totally unnatural attempt at a "fix", IMO.)

@Emroth (who didn't make a football game related post for years given his total lack of enjoyment of the newer games) came back to post this after discovering FIFA 14 next-gen last month, and I can't help but agree personally (the whole post is here):
I really don't know how it plays and feels with passing assistance, as my last game without full manual controls was somewhen in 2011 and and i will never play a game with assistance again.

If this is an issue on assisted controls, i understand the disappointment. On full manual it feels quite normal in this regard.
 
I tried to play a couple of matches with the authentic setting and oh boy, this is horrible. The gameplay is so slow, its even more unrealistic than the normal settings. Why would anyone play that? Yes the normal gameplay is too fast, but its closer to reality than the authentic one.
 
Yea, turned that gimmick off. Authenticity features render the game almost unplayable in my opinion. A more realistic, free flowing and fun game can be achieved by tinkering with the sliders.
 
Anything like that but for the authentic gameplay team? I feel like they haven't really collected any feedback and haven't really spoken about anything. The main problem with the game is the gameplay and I find it funny no one has talked about it from EA's team.
 
Back
Top Bottom