EA SPORTS FC 24

Playing the PS4 version of FC24 to see how it compares to the PS5 version gameplay-wise. First thing I notice, it has the match intros still. So a vast improvement.

Is it better? Yes. Obviously not to everyone's taste, as it's still Frostbite. But it feels less 'nonsense' than PS5, and I like the PS5 version. But all the 'bells and whistles' of the PS4 Fifa games are there. As well as the face scans seemingly being up-to-date as well. I mean, it even has the Playstyles thing in it. I'm very tempted to just go for the PS4 version of FC25 when it's released tbh

Playing the PS4 version of FC24 to see how it compares to the PS5 version gameplay-wise. First thing I notice, it has the match intros still. So a vast improvement.

Is it better? Yes. Obviously not to everyone's taste, as it's still Frostbite. But it feels less 'nonsense' than PS5, and I like the PS5 version. But all the 'bells and whistles' of the PS4 Fifa games are there. As well as the face scans seemingly being up-to-date as well. I mean, it even has the Playstyles thing in it. I'm very tempted to just go for the PS4 version of FC25 when it's released tbh
Whats the difference graphics wise? Ive still not actually played a PS5. Is it a big difference?

Whats the difference graphics wise? Ive still not actually played a PS5. Is it a big difference?
Marginally better. I'd argue that the PS5 version isn't worth the extra that it costs over the PS4 version.

I've attached some images to show the differences

Attachments

• 2023101951566_2.jpg
    2023101951566_2.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 36
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I also got it in a sale a month or two ago and have played a few seasons in Career Mode now and it's... okay. A nice 6/10 change from the norm. Maybe 4 solid years of PES 2021 have whetted my appetite but it's nice to play a different football game.

I like it more out of the box than with any slider set I've tried so far.

I can already feel the wheels coming off though. And one of the annoying things is a weird addition to the game (don't remember it from my last FIFA, FIFA22, at least): quite often when you or the AI score, there's this short cut scene of the scorer rushing to retrieve the ball from the net to get the game restarted. The problem is that it never happens only when it should, i.e. only when the team that's scored is still losing and needs to hurry things along. It happens even if all you or the other team has done is equalise, regardless of the teams' relative strengths or need for 3 points etc.

And then there's the glimpse of a scoreboard in some stadia that says 'HOME 0 VISITOR 1'. Are there any European stadia that use that convention? Any League 2 grounds? Not as bad an immersion-breaking North Americanism as the likes of 'the Bolton Wanderers' from a few FIFAs ago, but still something that annoys me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom