EA SPORTS FC 24

Would be like "broooo, i scored goal from my own half with micky mouse, crazyyyyyyyy" video (with idiotic thumbnail)
Why not? After all UT is already not football as we mean it anymore, so why not?

I still have fond memories of me dribbling with a ghost, attacking with a Mariachi man equipped with his guitar, and scoring free kicks with a turtle in Virtua Striker 2 and I'd 100% do that again if I could (of course, being aware that it would not be football, but some kind of fantasy game slightly resembling football).

Why not? After all UT is already not football as we mean it anymore, so why not?

I still have fond memories of me dribbling with a ghost, attacking with a Mariachi man equipped with his guitar, and scoring free kicks with a turtle in Virtua Striker 2 and I'd 100% do that again if I could (of course, being aware that it would not be football, but some kind of fantasy game slightly resembling football).
Thats 100% OK ... maybe even good thing.

At least that would 100% sure make FUT distance it self from football ... so it would either force another gameplay for offline, or somebody else would make football game.

Why on earth pay for all those licences for Premier League etc ... when in FUT will be playing pikachu vs terminator

The EA SPORTS FC 24 Spring Update (Title Update #11) will soon be available for all platforms and includes a number of changes and additions, including:
  • Updated PlayStyle tuning for a refreshed gameplay experience.
  • Tweaks to the Legendary CPU AI difficulty.
  • 86 new star heads.
  • New gameplay animations based on real-world volumetric data.
In addition to these TU notes, be sure to check out our Spring Update Pitch Notes article which dives deep into some of the changes and additions through videos and screenshots.

Gameplay​

Slightly adjusted the PlayStyles below:
  • Tiki Taka | Lowered accuracy and pass quality of first-time passes.
  • Pinged Pass | Decreased accuracy of Driven Passes.
  • Pinged Pass+ | Increased accuracy of Driven Passes.
  • Jockey | Reduced maximum possible Sprint Jockey speed.
  • Press Proven | Reduced shield effectiveness with the ball.
  • Press Proven+ | Increased shield effectiveness, and increased Strength Attribute effectiveness while shielding.
  • Long Ball Pass and Long Ball Pass+ | Decreased accuracy of crosses.
  • Power Header | Increased ball speed from lower powered headers.
  • Dead Ball | Reduced set piece preview line length.
Significantly adjusted the PlayStyles below:
  • Power Header+ | Reduced ball speed for medium to high powered headers.
  • Relentless and Relentless+ | Reduced amount of half time and extra time stamina recovery.
  • Aerial+ | Reduced the amount of added running jump height, this includes jogging jump height as well.
  • Power Shot and Power Shot+ | Reduced ball speed from Power Shots.

Made the following changes:
  • Replaced the previous unique ball roll standing animation for Trickster and Trickster+ PlayStyles with a new animation.
  • The previous unique ball roll animation can still be performed but with a different input. To learn more, check out our Pitch Notes article by scanning the QR code on the right.
  • Adjusted Legendary difficulty CPU AI behavior.
  • Legendary AI teams known for tik taka play are less likely to focus on that style of play when near the opponent’s penalty area.
  • CPU AI players are more likely to perform shot types based on their respective PlayStyles, when applicable.
  • Players with lower Composure Attributes are more likely to make mistakes when pressed.
  • Added 1 new clearance animation and 4 new shooting animations based on real-world volumetric data.

Ultimate Team​

Made the following change:
  • The Legendary difficulty no longer uses Competitor Mode in Squad Battles and single player Ultimate Team Draft.
Addressed the following issues:
  • Stadium lights could have darkened during matches in some situations.
  • When viewing a Squad in Squad Battles, the Player Items did not always display correctly.
  • Evolving an Icon Player Item unintentionally removed the Icon Profile tab from the Player Bio screen.
  • Some Objectives displayed placeholder images.
  • In some cases, the Player Injury Pause Menu did not function as intended.
  • Some PlayStyles UI indicators did not always display in their intended locations.
  • When viewing a Squad in Squad Battles, the Player Items did not always display correctly.
  • Evolving an Icon Player Item removed the Icon Profile tab from their Player Bio screen.
  • A stability issue could have occurred when viewing the Player Bio on Loan Items.
  • Level 12 Seasonal rewards did not display correctly.
  • A stability issue could have sometimes occurred at the end of match Pause Menu.

General, Audio, and Visual​

• Updated some messages, button callouts, celebrations, balls, gloves, celebrations, boots, kits, badges, banners, flags, scarves, and tifos.
  • Added 86 star heads and updated 9, they will become visible in-game following a Server Release.
  • Addressed some stability issues that could have occurred.
  • Addressed instances of incorrect and placeholder text, as well as button conflicts.

The EA SPORTS FC 24 Spring Update (Title Update #11) will soon be available for all platforms and includes a number of changes and additions, including:
  • Updated PlayStyle tuning for a refreshed gameplay experience.
  • Tweaks to the Legendary CPU AI difficulty.
  • 86 new star heads.
  • New gameplay animations based on real-world volumetric data.
In addition to these TU notes, be sure to check out our Spring Update Pitch Notes article which dives deep into some of the changes and additions through videos and screenshots.

Gameplay​

Slightly adjusted the PlayStyles below:
  • Tiki Taka | Lowered accuracy and pass quality of first-time passes.
  • Pinged Pass | Decreased accuracy of Driven Passes.
  • Pinged Pass+ | Increased accuracy of Driven Passes.
  • Jockey | Reduced maximum possible Sprint Jockey speed.
  • Press Proven | Reduced shield effectiveness with the ball.
  • Press Proven+ | Increased shield effectiveness, and increased Strength Attribute effectiveness while shielding.
  • Long Ball Pass and Long Ball Pass+ | Decreased accuracy of crosses.
  • Power Header | Increased ball speed from lower powered headers.
  • Dead Ball | Reduced set piece preview line length.
Significantly adjusted the PlayStyles below:
  • Power Header+ | Reduced ball speed for medium to high powered headers.
  • Relentless and Relentless+ | Reduced amount of half time and extra time stamina recovery.
  • Aerial+ | Reduced the amount of added running jump height, this includes jogging jump height as well.
  • Power Shot and Power Shot+ | Reduced ball speed from Power Shots.

• Replaced the previous unique ball roll standing animation for Trickster and Trickster+ PlayStyles with a new animation.
  • The previous unique ball roll animation can still be performed but with a different input. To learn more, check out our Pitch Notes article by scanning the QR code on the right.
  • Adjusted Legendary difficulty CPU AI behavior.
  • Legendary AI teams known for tik taka play are less likely to focus on that style of play when near the opponent’s penalty area.
  • CPU AI players are more likely to perform shot types based on their respective PlayStyles, when applicable.
  • Players with lower Composure Attributes are more likely to make mistakes when pressed.
  • Added 1 new clearance animation and 4 new shooting animations based on real-world volumetric data.

Ultimate Team​

Made the following change:
  • The Legendary difficulty no longer uses Competitor Mode in Squad Battles and single player Ultimate Team Draft.
  • Stadium lights could have darkened during matches in some situations.
  • Evolving an Icon Player Item unintentionally removed the Icon Profile tab from the Player Bio screen.
  • Some Objectives displayed placeholder images.
  • In some cases, the Player Injury Pause Menu did not function as intended.
  • Some PlayStyles UI indicators did not always display in their intended locations.
  • Evolving an Icon Player Item removed the Icon Profile tab from their Player Bio screen.
  • A stability issue could have occurred when viewing the Player Bio on Loan Items.
  • Level 12 Seasonal rewards did not display correctly.
  • A stability issue could have sometimes occurred at the end of match Pause Menu.

General, Audio, and Visual​

• Updated some messages, button callouts, celebrations, balls, gloves, celebrations, boots, kits, badges, banners, flags, scarves, and tifos.
  • Added 86 star heads and updated 9, they will become visible in-game following a Server Release.
  • Addressed some stability issues that could have occurred.
  • Addressed instances of incorrect and placeholder text, as well as button conflicts.

The patch notes looks good. I really hope they actually mean what they said.

Interesting patch notes.

I think there's going to be an interesting decision to be made by EA in the near future.

Currently, the animations are all geared towards the "instant responsiveness" of the FUT crowd. That's why you see players controlling the ball, changing direction, and shooting in 0.00001 seconds. And the AI players often looking like statues. And, as we all know, the FUT crowd love that.

But here's the problem for EA.

Technology is moving on. Other products are looking more and more realistic, thanks to artificial intelligence, while EA FC goes backwards to a time of video games from 20 years ago.

But that gives EA an image problem.

Their marketing keeps emphasising "realism" while we know that the on-field gameplay is getting less realistic.

Maybe they will finally have to embrace making a football game that people who love football can enjoy, just to avoid looking out of step with the modern world.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

The patch notes looks good. I really hope they actually mean what they said.
To me, that reads as they're making the gaps between one playstyle and the "plus" variants bigger in most cases - not so much reducing the "superpower" gameplay, but actually making it even more silly at the "plus" level.

Which gives anyone with those players a bigger reward / advantage, and gives you more reason to have them online. Ka-ching.

EDIT: In fairness, actually, the blog post that goes along with the changes does make it sound more promising:

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-fc/pitch-notes/news/fc-24-spring-update?isLocalized=true

Or maybe I'm just dreaming.
You and me both.

Last edited:
It's pretty cool they added animations, don't think that's ever happened in a football patch. They said they've improved defending so you can better anticipate and react to attackers but that doesn't mean shit if the skating and animation frames continue to get skipped in regards to input.

You can't anticipate much of there's no footplanting or inertia from attackers/dribblers.

To me, that reads as they're making the gaps between one playstyle and the "plus" variants bigger in most cases - not so much reducing the "superpower" gameplay, but actually making it even more silly at the "plus" level.

Which gives anyone with those players a bigger reward / advantage, and gives you more reason to have them online. Ka-ching.

EDIT: In fairness, actually, the blog post that goes along with the changes does make it sound more promising:

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-fc/pitch-notes/news/fc-24-spring-update?isLocalized=true

You and me both.
Anth can tweak those playstyles. What we couldn't tweak before was the Legendary difficulty and how ping pong and lack of variety it is which is hardcoded into the game and apparently they said they fixed that.

It's pretty cool they added animations, don't think that's ever happened in a football patch. They said they've improved defending so you can better anticipate and react to attackers but that doesn't mean shit if the skating and animation frames continue to get skipped in regards to input.

You can't anticipate much of there's no footplanting or inertia from attackers/dribblers.

EA perfected inertia in FIFA 14 and then everyone complained. I wish we had that inertia back with the responsiveness of animation transition of FIFA 16.

Just played TU11 and honestly it's much better. Legendary CPU is much more fun to play against. They are not obsessively dribbling on byline anymore and players like De Bruyne takes beautiful long shots by the CPU. Overall slight improvement to the game.

EA perfected inertia in FIFA 14 and then everyone complained. I wish we had that inertia back with the responsiveness of animation transition of FIFA 16.
It always happens in the gaming world, which is why most companies probably stop listening to the fans. I remember CoD: Ghosts where everyone complained "ah, it's the same game again, running about with guns", so the next game had aerial movement with jet packs, and people complained about that as well, wanting old CoD to come back. I imagine the Fifa devs have had the same.

I don't play this game as much as I should, as I have it on disc, and my PS5 tends to overheat if I play too many games at once. Two matches is my limit per session. But when I do play, I do enjoy it tbh. The changes during updates always make me curious about the game, so I may try it over the weekend again

Anth can tweak those playstyles.
That's great for us - and I'm glad Legendary is playing better obviously - but:

1) I was talking about the dev team and their grand strategy here (i.e. they're not thinking about us when they make these changes, so we shouldn't start fooling ourselves - there is a bigger picture, i.e. the reward mechanism meaning greater player retention i.e. more money spent in FUT), and

2) I was talking in the context of all players (e.g. console players). This is the EAFC thread, not the PC/Anth's mod thread. Comparing the two is like comparing a Skoda Estelle to a Cessna 172. They can't be compared and the latter shouldn't really be a part of this thread - nor should we go down the path of "it doesn't matter what they do, Anth will fix it".

Sounds promising, I especially like the newer animations, can't really comment on the gameplay because I've been playing and really enjoying Anth's gameplay mods for a while now, so I can't speak to how the Vanilla game plays lately.. But I do like that they're trying to tweak the "base game" as well.

On the other hand, and I've mentioned this earlier, I think that one of FC24's glaring absences are the lack of match intros. I can't for the life of me relate to why they would remove them. I read somewhere that they said something like "we noticed that players have been skipping intros so we wanted to direct them straight to the action". That's really frustrating, I mean, if someone doesn't like the match intros, they can always "press button to skip", but the fact that they did without them altogether speaks of a very "immediate" and "impatient" mindset which I'm not a fan of. I'm always hoping that a next update will bring match intros, as they are really important for us Career Mode fans in terms of immersion, but I'm starting to lose hope on that. I just wish that the negative feedback they've received (the match intro thread in EA forum is huge, if I recall) makes them reconsider, but I doubt it, at least for FC24.

Last edited:
This patch adds variety to Legend difficulty.
For exemple, United or Inter Milan made more shoots from distance and no more tikitaka on my own surface.
I like it.

That's great for us - and I'm glad Legendary is playing better obviously - but:

1) I was talking about the dev team and their grand strategy here (i.e. they're not thinking about us when they make these changes, so we shouldn't start fooling ourselves - there is a bigger picture, i.e. the reward mechanism meaning greater player retention i.e. more money spent in FUT), and

2) I was talking in the context of all players (e.g. console players). This is the EAFC thread, not the PC/Anth's mod thread. Comparing the two is like comparing a Skoda Estelle to a Cessna 172. They can't be compared and the latter shouldn't really be a part of this thread - nor should we go down the path of "it doesn't matter what they do, Anth will fix it".

Oh yeah definitely. They are making sure you buy those extra super duper pro plus rare packs. That's their main purpose. And yes, it sucks for console players if you are in console, I would never advise you to get FC 24. The only glimmer of hope is that it allows us PC folks to have more customization on the gameplay.

Sounds promising, I especially like the newer animations, can't really comment on the gameplay because I've been playing and really enjoying Anth's gameplay mods for a while now, so I can't speak to how the Vanilla game plays lately.. But I do like that they're trying to tweak the "base game" as well.

On the other hand, and I've mentioned this earlier, I think that one of FC24's glaring absences are the lack of match intros. I can't for the life of me relate to why they would remove them. I read somewhere that they said something like "we noticed that players have been skipping intros so we wanted to direct them straight to the action". That's really frustrating, I mean, if someone doesn't like the match intros, they can always "press button to skip", but the fact that they did without them altogether speaks of a very "immediate" and "impatient" mindset which I'm not a fan of. I'm always hoping that a next update will bring match intros, as they are really important for us Career Mode fans in terms of immersion, but I'm starting to lose hope on that. I just wish that the negative feedback they've received (the match intro thread in EA forum is huge, if I recall) makes them reconsider, but I doubt it, at least for FC24.

It's still so bizarre they removed match intros. Literally no one asked for it to be removed. They could have just copy/pasted last year match intro and be fine with it.

It's still so bizarre they removed match intros. Literally no one asked for it to be removed. They could have just copy/pasted last year match intro and be fine with it.

I read somewhere (official EA forums maybe), that the intros in the old gen versions are still there. But it's such a nonsense to remove something what is simply skippable.
In addition, instead of the intro, you sometimes see the highlights of the upcoming game, which hasn't even been played yet. Who comes up with such ideas?

I read somewhere (official EA forums maybe), that the intros in the old gen versions are still there. But it's such a nonsense to remove something what is simply skippable.
In addition, instead of the intro, you sometimes see the highlights of the upcoming game, which hasn't even been played yet. Who comes up with such ideas?
Yeah I hate those highlights. Very immersion breaking. I believe FIFA 12 also had those and I just skipped them. I only watch the match intros.

Always tried to pretend it was "the last time these teams met". Which doesn't quite work as well when one wears their away or third kit, but still

My gosh. I just did the same. Haven't really played a football game in a while. Saw it on sale for $13 and say let me give it a try. Was done after 23 minutes. Watching my players stand as statues while defending is mind boggling.
I am with you... What makes me angry is that you can see that the potential Is there,and EA is able to do a great game,but they don't want...
Tactical defending wasn't enough manual for people? From 1 vs 1 introduction is really impossible to keep the defender closer to striker

Game has nothing to do with football and you guys are concerned about intros. 😀
As it stands this game would have been better if you only had to pass the ball, shoot and have automatically a video footage of chances and goals from real matches. Oh wait, EA might read this and implement it in their next abomination.

I tryed a couple of season online matches and what i can say is that kids who thinks that with 1vs1 mechanics the game is more competitive or allow more skill gap are somehow low i.q..

Bought this on sale for 13 quid on ps5 for my 9.year old. My god its bad, the gameplay is shocking the players move about with some strange movements. And for some reason ps5 looks teribble. It's not my TV as pes 21 on pc looks nice

Bought this on sale for 13 quid on ps5 for my 9.year old. My god its bad, the gameplay is shocking the players move about with some strange movements. And for some reason ps5 looks teribble. It's not my TV as pes 21 on pc looks nice

I actually thought was me alone. Was wondering if it had something to do with the HDR settings on my TV. Very weird.

I actually thought was me alone. Was wondering if it had something to do with the HDR settings on my TV. Very weird.
Nah its the game, everything else looks good same TV same settings. It's like it has some weird murky filter set and strange colours. Like I said pes on my steam deck looks way better

Due the fact which offline matches are unplayble and unrewarding,and cause i want justify my 16 euros wasted,i play some more online seasons matches..
Play against humans is a lil more fun than against CPU,but the game is totally unbalanced and It doesn't allow skill gap at all.
You don't need vision and football i.q, everything that concern attacking and score,like dribbling,passing, shooting is super easy. The most difficult thing Is defending,that make nonsense in a low score sport like football.
A game like fifa 16 require a lot more and varied skills to bring danger in opponents penalty box. Dribbling, shooting and passing was balanced, responsive but not overpowered, and even if we had a great CPU defensive positioning we still had to manual defending cause the tactical defending, that in my opinion was enough.
This is my first fifa that i play online since 16 and i didn't go that bad actually. I won more matches than the ones i lost, and i am neither used to 1vs1 mechanic. It Is simply a joke for kids addicted to dopamine and low attentionspan that like to feel they are good in a game that is broken in its fundmentals.
It is like a cod's player that think to be skilled and claim how much skill the game needs.... Quake's players would laugh a lot.

Yeah I hate this too, yet another example of simply give players an option to toggle this in the settings, it's not like EA are afraid of the level of customisation in the settings, just seems odd they can't give you one for this.

What's also frustrating is the logic of removing the match intros to get players right into the action, yet during a match there's a cutscene every time the ball goes out of play which I find even more obnoxious and unessacary.

Yeah I hate this too, yet another example of simply give players an option to toggle this in the settings, it's not like EA are afraid of the level of customisation in the settings, just seems odd they can't give you one for this.

What's also frustrating is the logic of removing the match intros to get players right into the action, yet during a match there's a cutscene every time the ball goes out of play which I find even more obnoxious and unessacary.
ADHD kids generation, so EA figured they can't bare to wait a few seconds watching intros, they need to get right to the ACTION! Laser pass to striker, laser shot to corner of goal and GOOAALL. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom