E3 2009 - The Official Thread

EAfranchiseDraftMSG_MaddenNFL10.jpg

:BOP:

Stolen from NeoAGF

Ohhh APB, I've heard this is supposed to be excellent.

I LOVE that they used the game to show it. Those cars looked great and the handling and weighty feel of the swinging around corners

The Old Republic trailer was very good, the fight scene was ace :COOL:

I hope it doesn;t turn out to be Saints Row with a different name

Its MMO not sure going to have SP from trailer it looked that way.

Apparently your be able to use the last.fm service to have custom soundtracks in game.

But details read along time ago everything on game leads to being a GTA killer for sure.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. *Dies laughing*

That's what I was talking about. :D

EDIT: I've been glued to it for the last five minutes, it gets better each time. BAM!

I love the excuses that will come up as well, "oh it's poor lighting, not a good backdrop" etc... What if the area of the house that the console is in has poor lighting? What if light is reflecting off everything?

I still think it's a gimmick wrapped in scripts and lies, but I hope I end up eating my words.

Last edited:
James Cameron, boys ;).
MASTER STORYTELLER, he sold his game and movie just talking without any image :TU:.

edit : 30 minutes and no game image, Ubi is gooooooood.

Last edited:
First 3D console game?

Last edited:
Pelé came on the stage for his game and their presentation crashed !
Ubi's presentation is a real nightmare, but at least it's funny.

Doubt anyone can have a more boring conference than this, the host is definitely the only highlight.

Where is Ghost Recon?

Is it me or has every game at Ubi's event bar Splinter Cell been a Wii game?

Worst conference ever.

Thanks Ubi for the minute of CGI AC2, youhou.
I can' believe how they started.
They talked 35 minutes (with J. Cameron for 15 min) and they presented nothing. Only casual games and a bad SmashBros ripoff with the Ninja Turtles.

I am allowing myself to get slightly hyped about Natal to be honest. Sure I doubt it if will work 100% perfect (as the above GIF shows), but when you read things like this (from today's "Times")

... Kipman also showed me a version of Burnout that had been set up to work with Project Natal. Burnout is a serious game, not just a tech demo — it's a polished, fast-paced racing game with high-end graphics, and I happen to have played a lot of it. With Project Natal, instead of using a joystick, you steer by holding your hands up in the air like you're gripping a steering wheel. To hit the gas, you move your foot forward along the floor. To brake, you move it back. To trigger the turbo boost, you do a gear-shifting, fist-pumping movement with your right arm. Awesome.

It takes a few minutes to get the hang of it. You tend to oversteer, since you can't quite believe this thing is going to pick up your movements, so you exaggerate them. But soon you start to trust it, because it does actually work. I couldn't detect any significant latency...

You cant help but think 'maybe' MS WILL pull it off...

I still cannot see how some games will work - like football. How will it detect;

1) Running
2) Slide Tackles
3) High pass, low pass
4) Tactic changes
5) over head kicks etc etc

Perhaps it will be released with an extra (smaller) controller with buttons on, or will be used in combo with a standard controller or it will just be on a game per game basis (which is what I assume will happen).

We'll probably see EA use it as a 'family' mode, so dad can flap his arms and legs around on a simpler control scheme, will 12 year old Billy will be using the controller on a standard/advanced scheme - much like the Wii does with the wiimote.

Already thinking of some games that would benefit from this though...

1) NFL - that could work well I reckon on some control scheme. I think again, with a small controller add on (I'm thinking something smaller than the wiimote with 1 analogue stick and perhaps 2 buttons, one under and one above) - be good to do the QB snap, through, catch, stiff arm, juke - even kick.

2) Boxing - seems the natural idea. You dont need any other controls apart from your body and if they can pull it off - best boxing game ever?!

3) Golf - Not sure it would be accurate enough, but you never know.

4) Something like Rainbow 6. Imagine doing all the hand signals to your team :LOL: not sure how firing the gun would work though without the additional controller I'm suggesting.

Last edited:
They can't add in extra controllers for games along with the movement because that would just contradict the purpose and bragging they did for this natal. Gaming without the barrier of controllers and having to learn how to play. Though i think that's bullshit anyway because you'll still have to learn how to play without the pad and to make use of voice recognition have to go through a set up process of key words and so on. So it's hardly going to be 'instantly accessible' as they tried to make out.

"Hey what's this game you're playing?"
"football mania, you want a go?"
"Sure!"
"Right stand here and shout 'play' to start"
"PLAY"
"PLAY"
"Oh wait you have to set up your voice first, right let's quit the game and do the set up... it will only take a few minutes... right hang on...
(A short while later)
"Right say those key words and then tell it to save"
"Can't I just use the joypad?"
"No just use your voice"
"It won't detect anything when I say 'ello' for that Hello keyword"
"Say H..ello"
"Hello.. oh that worked.. but what happens if I just say Ello as I normally say it later?"
"Well nothing"
"oh... let's just put fifa on and use the pads instead"

I want to know how it will handle changes in light like sun coming in your window then going behind a cloud as the eye toy would detect every tiny reflection and shelf and shadow behind you when playing. And what happens when someone else moves in the room, does it suddenly have you handbrake to the right as they get up to answer the phone?

I can't see this making us want to put down our joypads permanently. Like the burnout thing, do I even want to sit down holding my arms into thin air wiggling my foot? What happens when my arms get tired after a bit and I start to droop them down a bit or if I scratch my nose or sneeze? Surely the fun of a racing game is to have a steering wheel in front of you that you can really feel and get rumble feedback from.

Back
Top Bottom