Cyberpunk 2077

Although it's not really my type of game, I was intrigued by it and by the setting... I would've preferred 3rd person view... Here is 20min of gameplay... One thing stood out was.. it feel kinda empty... Minute 10:37 "Afterlife, the heart of night city", counts 10 NPCs...

Although it's not really my type of game, I was intrigued by it and by the setting... I would've preferred 3rd person view... Here is 20min of gameplay... One thing stood out was.. it feel kinda empty... Minute 10:37 "Afterlife, the heart of night city", counts 10 NPCs...
Hm. I’m counting 29. ;)

But who are we, to say how the future should be?! :LOL:

We nerds dont get to go bars so we never notice if theres an issue :P

C'mon... It was 3 AM. People were sleeping :LOL:

No, seriously. I couldn't agree with you more about the 3rd person camera. I think it would benefit a lot since it's an improved version of the REDengine (maybe like Witcher 3, only better)...

C'mon... It was 3 AM. People were sleeping :LOL:

No, seriously. I couldn't agree with you more about the 3rd person camera. I think it would benefit a lot since it's an improved version of the REDengine (maybe like Witcher 3, only better)...
can you please elaborate on what (and how) a third person cam in this game could improve exactly? i mean the walking part not the driving (as that is featuring 3rd).
same question to @el niche !

No motion sickness for thousands if not millions of gamers worldwide for one ;)
Ok. So that’s a problem really?! Looking at a screen and feeling sick?!
I heard about that in regards to PSVR and here it makes sense for me.
But ok. There are (more) people feeling sick (then i thought) when playing first person. Got it.
So no shooter for them for years? No cockpit view in racing games?! That is really sad.

CDPR did it for immersion, afaik. And there is no denying that this is a valid point, imo.

I wonder if they implant an option for users with color disabilities or users that are handicapped with the hands (one button control for example) or users that can’t hear good (sound aids)... ;) partly kidding here, but more options for all kind of users are always welcome, imo! i remember that awesome "handicaped controller" from MS. i saw some videos where that controller was modded by a user even further! great stuff!!

Again: I never heard of millions of users having motion sickness when playing first person shooter. But I don’t know anything... ;) thx.

edit: interesting:
What is motion sickness in video games and how can you prevent it?
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/dami...ss-in-video-games-and-how-can-you-prevent-it/
i wonder if some users tried the "treatment" options!

Why first person shooters make some people nauseous
https://businesstech.co.za/news/ind...st-person-shooters-make-some-people-nauseous/

and a pretty old one:
How developers are trying to solve motion sickness in video games
https://www.polygon.com/2013/10/26/4862474/video-games-and-motion-sickness-dying-light-techland-fps

Last edited:
can you please elaborate on what (and how) a third person cam in this game could improve exactly? i mean the walking part not the driving (as that is featuring 3rd).
Anything that adds to the game is an improvement. It would be an OPTION to use the 3rd person camera... Not the MANDATORY camera for you to play... Like, in GTA V, for example...? I mean, it's not that complicated to understand what we meant. (Sure, it's probably a LOT more complicated to implement it in the game, especially now that the game is pretty much done). But they surely could've done it if they wanted (back in development)... I don't buy it into this CDPR statement that it's "supposed" to be played in 1st person". BULLSHIT. The more choices, the better.

Ok. So that’s a problem really?! Looking at a screen and feeling sick?!

Yep my wife suffers from it quite a lot in certain games and certain settings, usually 3rd person games are ok but sometimes if they're in enclosed spaces it can be problematic.

Kudos for writing your reply, going away and doing some research then updating your post, that's very cool man :)

Anything that adds to the game is an improvement. It would be an OPTION to use the 3rd person camera... Not the MANDATORY camera for you to play... Like, in GTA V, for example...? I mean, it's not that complicated to understand what we meant. (Sure, it's probably a LOT more complicated to implement it in the game, especially now that the game is pretty much done). But they surely could've done it if they wanted (back in development)... I don't buy it into this CDPR statement that it's "supposed" to be played in 1st person". BULLSHIT. The more choices, the better.
Yes. I ageee. Options are “always” better!
But in this particular case, I can fully accept the fact that CDRP has a vision. I trust them with their reason to go this way, this time.
Watching that city, with some huge vertical level in house building, from a first person perspective might be the more immersive way. So much more immersion that they decided to go 1st person only when on foot in the city. And i sure trust CDRP that far, to have thought about the audience missed out when going that way.
For me it’s a special case as we (probably) haven’t seen such a dense huge city to play in (I’m hammering that vertical level bell again) before. Could be wrong here.
:)
And yes. It’s always shXX when some people are left out.

Yep my wife suffers from it quite a lot in certain games and certain settings, usually 3rd person games are ok but sometimes if they're in enclosed spaces it can be problematic.

Kudos for writing your reply, going away and doing some research then updating your post, that's very cool man :)
Thanks man!
I’m here to discuss, to learn, to share joy and pain, to help, to make fun, to see others people opinions... and I bet there is more.

Say hi to your wife for me. Has she tried anything to conquer that? Like those arm loops, wrist bands, drinking water, concentration/meditation exercises...
I don’t know if this is really just a sickness or in dna of people. If sick I’m sure there could be treatment of some sort. I’m not a fan of medication I have to say!
So stay positive! :BYE:

Yes. I ageee. Options are “always” better!
But in this particular case, I can fully accept the fact that CDRP has a vision. I trust them with their reason to go this way, this time.
Watching that city, with some huge vertical level in house building, from a first person perspective might be the more immersive way. So much more immersion that they decided to go 1st person only when on foot in the city. And i sure trust CDRP that far, to have thought about the audience missed out when going that way.
For me it’s a special case as we (probably) haven’t seen such a dense huge city to play in (I’m hammering that vertical level bell again) before. Could be wrong here.
:)
And yes. It’s always shXX when some people are left out.
Oh, totally! After The Witcher 3 I have full trust in CDPR :)) Pretty much a given that this new game won't disappoint. The only bad thing is that all the other games we're playing will just have to wait :LOL:

Oh, totally! After The Witcher 3 I have full trust in CDPR :)) Pretty much a given that this new game won't disappoint. The only bad thing is that all the other games we're playing will just have to wait :LOL:
Guess that’s true.
I roughly planned ahead. Gotta invest some time in CP2077, so I won’t be playing much other games next year. Maybe like 5-7 different games, I guess.

for me its not necessarily improving. for me its personal preference. combat, especially in third person, for me would be preferable. but again, its just my thoughts. Im not saying 1st person view is bad by any means.... GTAV had first person view, and I enjoyed more third person... this seems to be very similar type of game

for me its not necessarily improving. for me its personal preference. combat, especially in third person, for me would be preferable. but again, its just my thoughts. Im not saying 1st person view is bad by any means.... GTAV had first person view, and I enjoyed more third person... this seems to be very similar type of game
Fair.
As I installed GTA V again lately, I am driving a lot in first person view. Part of it for the trophy.
I can clearly see more details when in that mode and on foot (plus it slows things down). The third person view is a more action orientated view imo. Don’t wanna miss it though!!
But on ps3 and early ps4 days, I wasn’t missing the first person view! :D

Say hi to your wife for me. Has she tried anything to conquer that? Like those arm loops, wrist bands, drinking water, concentration/meditation exercises...
I don’t know if this is really just a sickness or in dna of people. If sick I’m sure there could be treatment of some sort. I’m not a fan of medication I have to say!
So stay positive! :BYE:

No she just generally tries playing, if it doesn't work that day she'll do something else instead and try another day, it's weird some days she can play the whole day, others she's feeling like puking at 5 minutes :)

I get motion sick with certain 1st person games and in the back of cars, it's to do with your brain processing the visual input that you're moving but knowing that you're not.

Haven't actually played one in years, I never got it with older games like Goldeneye, seemed to start with the newer COD everything at 100mph sort of games.

You'll be able to look around during dialoges!
Small features but I was so looking out for it.
Im so tired of 1on1‘s that are only showing heads!!

Cyberpunk 2077 – V Can Look Around During Dialogue Scenes For Potential Trouble
Always be watching, always be ready.
The question on many people’s minds right now is whether or not Cyberpunk 2077 will actually make it in 2020 or not. As it stands, the game has had two high profile delays, and it’s somewhat up in the air I’d say. But in the meantime, we have been getting bits and pieces of the game’s fascinating futuristic world, and today we got a little taste of a neat little feature that’s sure to be interesting for whenever the game does ship.
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-v-can-look-around-during-dialogue-scenes-for-potential-trouble

Multiplayer with microtransactions!?

Cyberpunk 2077 to Have More DLC Than The Witcher 3; Setting Is Great to Sell Things in Multiplayer
Cyberpunk 2077 fans were treated with another ray-traced trailer at the recent NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 series reveal event. However, for those who are itching to get even more information on the massively anticipated game, the translated H1 2020 earnings call Q&A of CD PROJEKT RED is now available here and it contains a number of juicy tidbits.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077...tting-is-great-to-sell-things-in-multiplayer/

DLC info before launch?!

CD Projekt says Cyberpunk 2077’s free DLC and expansions will be revealed ‘fairly soon’
Cyberpunk 2077’s post-release content plans will be revealed “fairly soon” and CD Projekt Red is planning more DLC than The Witcher 3 received.

That’s according to CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński, who reiterated this week that Cyberpunk would follow a similar DLC plan to The Wild Hunt.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...free-dlc-and-expansions-revealed-fairly-soon/

I finally pre-ordered the game, as I thought with the new Nvidia cards you would of got the game for free, but instead there are giving you Watchdogs: Legion.

But certainly can't go wrong with the purchase for £21.

leaked map?!
cyberkarte-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom