Cyberpunk 2077

Next gen Cyberpunk won't be released until at least 6-12 months after current gen.
They will want console gamers to buy it twice.

Next gen Cyberpunk won't be released until at least 6-12 months after current gen.
They will want console gamers to buy it twice.
At least they're releasing it without Denuvo for pc which makes every pc game that has it run like shit.

Whats this, a company delaying a product and wanting to release it when its actually ready rather than release it in a beta stage and patch it later for 6 months including a paid DLC 'addon' which really should of shipped with the game anyway?

What is this sorcery??? Oh yeah, its called 'morals'.
Fully agree here with the klash!!
This should be done more often. Ensures quality and kicks preorder nonsense in the balls. Win win.

At least they're releasing it without Denuvo for pc which makes every pc game that has it run like shit.

I think they will change their minds come release.
As much as everyone hates Denuvo, it will stop the game being cracked within days of release, so the benefits to the developer are huge.

Also depends on the game, but the performance hit with Denuvo seems to vary on how often the game developers choose to write the protection into their code.
But in most instances the FPS hit is minimal and the people who complain about it the most are the people who don't buy games.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/denuvo-performance-loss-test/2.html

Personally I am all for Denuvo, as PC piracy has always been such an issue that games on PC used to come out after their console counterparts and in some instances not released at all.
Since Denuvo, we do not have the same issues as 5-10 years ago when PC cracked games used to come out before their were even in the shops.

Last edited:
On Friday I installed deus ex again. Been playing the whole weekend through!!
I did that because CP2077 was delayed and I need my fix. ;) wanted to get in the mood...
It’s a good game, with flaws. But it is surly bringing me back on tack. While I’m playing, my mind is spinning stories... stories that involve CP! I’m so looking forward to that title!! Can’t wait!! :)

I think they will change their minds come release.
As much as everyone hates Denuvo, it will stop the game being cracked within days of release, so the benefits to the developer are huge.

Also depends on the game, but the performance hit with Denuvo seems to vary on how often the game developers choose to write the protection into their code.
But in most instances the FPS hit is minimal and the people who complain about it the most are the people who don't buy games.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/denuvo-performance-loss-test/2.html

Personally I am all for Denuvo, as PC piracy has always been such an issue that games on PC used to come out after their console counterparts and in some instances not released at all.
Since Denuvo, we do not have the same issues as 5-10 years ago when PC cracked games used to come out before their were even in the shops.
I don't think they will change their minds on Denuvo now that they have officially said that they're gonna release the game without it.
If they do this then they're gonna lose the trust of their fanbase and losing that is even worse than losing some sales.
Besides many people liked that they're gonna do this so they're gonna buy it to support them even if their gonna have the chance to download it for free.But anyway we're gonna see what will happen in the end,you can't be sure in these cases.But i think they're gonna stick to their word.

Interview: CD PROJEKT Red’s John Mamais talks Cyberpunk 2077’s creation, VR, DLC, Nintendo Switch, and more
I recently sat down with CD PROJEKT Red’s John Mamais to talk about the studio’s highly-anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 video game which is due out later this year on Xbox One, PC, and PS4.

We talked about the creation of the futuristic world in which the game is set, cyberpunk inspirations, possible third-person perspectives, immersive sound design, censorship issues in Australia, and the potential (or lack thereof) for a Cyberpunk 2077 release on Nintendo Switch and a VR version.
https://www.onmsft.com/feature/inte...077s-creation-vr-dlc-nintendo-switch-and-more

Microsoft are doing something good.

If anyone purchases the Xbox One version of the game, will get a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X version when released.
Therefore not having to purchase the game twice, like I know quite a few people probably would of done.

Now if only Microsoft had some decent exclusives.

Microsoft are doing something good.

If anyone purchases the Xbox One version of the game, will get a free upgrade to the Xbox Series X version when released.
Therefore not having to purchase the game twice, like I know quite a few people probably would of done.

Now if only Microsoft had some decent exclusives.
Both consoles will have the same deal. CD Project Red themselves said that no one will have to pay for the game twice.

Both consoles will have the same deal. CD Project Red themselves said that no one will have to pay for the game twice.

I have only read Microsoft doing this, although it is CD Project themselves who are doing the deal.
I can't see anywhere online stating this to also being the case with Sony.

I have only read Microsoft doing this, although it is CD Project themselves who are doing the deal.
I can't see anywhere online stating this to also being the case with Sony.
The way I see it - if developers themselves state that they believe no one should ever buy the game twice, or pay for an upgraded version - they cant be talking about half of the console users, while sticking middle finger at the other half. So to me is reading between the lines. I might be wrong, obviously, but it would make them look a bit silly if that happened. And these developers are one of the few I trust and have faith in.

The way I see it - if developers themselves state that they believe no one should ever buy the game twice, or pay for an upgraded version - they cant be talking about half of the console users, while sticking middle finger at the other half. So to me is reading between the lines. I might be wrong, obviously, but it would make them look a bit silly if that happened. And these developers are one of the few I trust and have faith in.

Maybe, but even their own Twitter post only specifically mentions the Xbox Series X version, they made no mention of the PS5.
It was based on an announcement made by Microsoft about their specific platform, allowing all games to do this - If you purchase the game once, you will always own that game.
I am probably wrong, as if the company states it, then it must be for both.

The other good news about this, which may or may not happen, but would allow other companies like Rockstar to update their games.
So imagine for the Xbox Series X, Rockstar upgrade GTA V and Red Dead to look like their PC counterparts.

If I didn't own a PC, I would most likely get an Xbox Series X over the PS5.
But unfortnetely the exclusives are better on PS5, so gives more opportunity to play exclusive games.

Last edited:

TAKE YOUR TIME, CDPR, i say! all the time you need!

i'm so looking forward playing this on my PS5! :D

maaaayyyybe i can start playing by the end of November! ;) just maybe! :LOL:
#fingerscrossed
YES i agree, I love this attitude. CDPR is one of the few developers still committed to an awesome single player experience and they are not afraid to delay if it means delivering a better product as originally envisioned by them. Bethesda take note.!

Read all the posts in topic since #01 and I have to say, that from all members, @Placebo came closer to launch date with his predictions!

I don't mind the delay, they say it's pretty much ready though, so I suppose they want to iron out any kinks, The Witcher 3 was patched and upgraded up the wazoo, most recently with hdr maybe two and a half years ago, had I played it before they added the other movement option I probably would have given up on it in an hour or two. And that took them months.

And for sure, the awesome trailer from yesterday!!! :LOVE:

It will be epic!! :D
1onH.gif

“GTA mode” is possible in Cyberpunk 2077, but you may change your mind
When the Cyberpunk 2077 release date rolls around later this year, you’ll be able to steal cars and stir up some chaos in the RPG game’s bustling Night City. And, developer CD Projekt Red previously confirmed there’ll be no morality system in Cyberpunk 2077 as such, so you won’t need to worry about too many questionable decisions stacking up against you. However, while the game will let you tear around and cause some carnage, the dev’s pretty sure players won’t be tempted to stick with “GTA mode” for too long.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/gta-mode

Those are the screenshots released by Nvidia to show DLSS 2.0 and Ray Tracing - So don't know why that website would state they were PS4 and XO screens.

However it is probably a taste of what might be possible on the PS5.

There are a few more on the nvidia website too:-
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...tracing-dlss-geforce-now-screenshots-trailer/

Last edited:
Those are the screenshots released by Nvidia to show DLSS 2.0 and Ray Tracing - So don't know why that website would state they were PS4 and XO screens.

However it is probably a taste of what might be possible on the PS5.

There are a few more on the nvidia website too:-
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...tracing-dlss-geforce-now-screenshots-trailer/
the website just said on what systems the game will be available!!
CD Projekt Red zeigt 4 Bilder zum Rollenspiel Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5, XSX, PS4, Xbox One). Release: 19.11.20 (Europa)
translation:
CD Projekt Red shows 4 pictures of the role playing game Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5, XSX, PS4, Xbox One). Release: 11/19/20 (Europe)
www.gamefront.de

and yes, sure its a taste of whats to come! what company is presenting a new product with the entry level version!? ;)

Back
Top Bottom