Cyberpunk 2077

its a lot of stuff... and by a lot i mean AAA LOT!!!
Just goes to show how much the game was ANYTHING BUT ready for a launch in December. Needed AT LEAST one more year of development. Amazing how a good company like CDPR could scratch it's own reputation by going the "corpo(rate)" way ;)

Game is still the same crap to me, even after the huge update.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how much the game was ANYTHING BUT ready for a launch in December. Needed AT LEAST one more year of development. Amazing how how a good company like CDPR could scratch it's own reputation by going the "corpo(rate)" way ;)

Game is still the same crap to me, even after the huge update.
Yeah. Agree partly.
It was all just too much for a multi console and PC release. They did themselves no good with that move.

I’m cool and relaxed till the current gen version drops on PS5. What can I do... but wait?!

I’m not focusing that game right now, got plenty of other stuff to do... so I’m very good video game wise!

I'm on my 2nd playthrough at the moment, loving it again. I tried to stay away until CDPR got round to finishing the game but the setting and story keep pulling me back, dystopian sci-fi is my thing. Early game is fun because V is underpowered. Combat balance is one of the many things out of whack so some (PES style) 'house' rules are needed, no tech weapons for example, not taking any of the OP perks, low armour clothing etc. I'm also going for 100% brawler build and ditching the cyberdeck.

I installed a synthwave radio station mod yesterday and driving through the city at night is just brilliant.

Just to keep the justified criticism of a company that maybe pulled the biggest gaming scam of this AND the past generation, and also the justified bashing of this piece of shit software going here... Hoping other companies don't try to pull the same stunt again. Although this can really become the standard in video games from now on, unfortunately. This being: release the software first (no matter how broke it is) and then (try to) fix it later. (And just keep telling uncountable, blatant lies)

Never.
Forget.

All while the CDPR co-CEOs and board members swan off with huge bonuses and the actual developers/employees get shafted;

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...till-win-big-bonuses-after-shoddy-game-launch

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2...stop-cd-projekt-execs-taking-massive-bonuses/

Gotta love capitalism. This went perfectly for the top dogs, how could you really be sorry for something when it netted you a $6m+ bonus.

Whether this affects CDPR long term or not who knows, but the people responsible for the decisions/structure that led to the failure already have enough money to buy a 2nd yacht and retire today so why would they care? And let's be honest, as soon as CDPR mention The Witcher 4 everyone will be back on the hype train anyway.

Well done, really well done!

I'm buying it today on epic games launcher because it's on sale and with the sale everyone can have a 10€ voucher so price was 37,99€ and yea, had trouble with a process with apply my child security from the launcher (I'm 36 years old) for the first time ( had buyed Mafia DE, Metro exodus, for free both Metro redux version and far cry 5 in a sale.) All these games have USK (pegi) 18, and was never asking about this sometimes befor. My money was gone and the launcher freezing with the child security pin question. Like I sayed, I never was asked this befor so I make one, try again and it doesent work.
So going to the epic account with my browser enable this crap and try again - but yea it also doesn't work.

Nice, I'm absolutetly not angry about this... :LIE:

So I reboot my PC open epic games launcher and Cyberpunk 2077 is in my libary.
Quickly update the GPU driver and launch the game.

Playing a little bit with the options and changing them and going to start a new game choose a nice women changing the atributes and the game load...

... and load, and freezing with CTD with a fiendly popup "woah cyberpunk 2077 has been crashed"

This is really amazing! I could :PUKE: and 💩 in their office on the CEO table!

:MAD:

Speaking in basketball terms,this has to be the worst draft bust ever.
So glad I never got the itch to buy it.

I don't know why, but with my second launch from Cyberfack 2077 it works. Let's see what this game is to be a such a real hyped game.

I think about this game often - one of the few games in recent years I've been incredibly "that's exactly my kind of game" hyped for.

Today this appeared on my Twitter timeline (and I know there's much worse out there).

Such a heartbreaking shame. What the hell happened (other than marketing).

I think about this game often - one of the few games in recent years I've been incredibly "that's exactly my kind of game" hyped for.

Today this appeared on my Twitter timeline (and I know there's much worse out there).

Such a heartbreaking shame. What the hell happened (other than marketing).

the details are known... and its all been said... ;)
i have the ps4 disc at home, played one act and thats it... i'm waiting for the PS5 update to continue.

what i want to say is: this game really is the pinacle of releases gone wrong. end of story.
i accept the fact and wait for a better version. learned from that. its sad and a shame, i agree.

Very, VERY unpopular opinion: I loved this game. Sure, it's buggy but I didn't get one game breaking issue on Series X.

Saying that, I've seen floating cars and streets with NO NPCs for people playing on last gen consoles. So I'm not saying it's without it's problems but for me, I loved it. The atmosphere and sections in the wastelands were very good.

Classic example why advanced tech shouldn't be retro-fitted to try to work on incapable hardware. Profit is the king, yes, and someone up in the hierarchy decided that game must work on PS4 gen hardware. Quite likely ignoring that entire development process has been done on highest-possible-end equipment and tailored to run only on truly next gen hardware ... but where is profit if game will run on less than perhaps 5% of the worldwide hardware base (percentage taken "out of the arse", just to highlight that usually very, very small part of the population rides on the bleeding edge of technology wave)?

And then someone very likely needs to spend last year (or even more?) before the release on downgrading the hell out of the current product, instead of really finishing it.

Edit: but the question of all questions for all levels of CDPR management is - why was it allowed that the game, through the long, long years of development, eventually ends-up in a state where it can work only on practically non-existing/barely-available hardware?
Can't really blame the tech guys - they did what they do best throughout all these long years - code, push for the new technology, enjoy the challenges of using new and exciting tech. But as usual, tech doesn't understand business, business does not understand tech.
Bamboozled by all the PS5-gen delays from console makers? Yeah, shit happens, business world is very, very dynamic, filled with unforeseen risks ... someone from the managerial level should have understood that side of the industry too ... and hit the break on pushing the limits. Sadly, seems like CDPR didn't really have such men on board?

Last edited:
The fact is that there is little if not anything next-gen about the tech in this game:

- Traffic and pedestrian management is terribly primitive (based on splines and unable to branch), it is still beyond GTAIV tech, a game released years ago with a less powerfull hardware.

- Enemy's IA is lame, not better than the one in any shooter game from the past 8 years. I've witnessed so many stupid decisions and set-ups that I can't believe (enemies getting stuck anywhere, unable to see me, police spawning just in front of me... really it was absolutely broken on release.

- The animation tech is way below what Rockstar does with RDR2 in a PS4. I've seen all sorts of broken animation blendings, NPS spawning in T-pose, lots of broken animations or playing in the wrong states...

- Quest system is complex and allows for a lot of things, but nothing out of the ordinary compared to The Whitcher 3.

- The only thing this game does remotely innovative or powerful in terms of technology are some rendering processes and raytracing related things, but they aren't that new anyway, other games use raytracing in ps5/pc to the same extent.

- Contents: The big promise of this game was the world and the story and that was meh, Keanu Reeves character ends up being stupidly annoying and flat and the world feels empty as hell. In terms of Cyberpunk, Deus Ex does a much better job in many areas.

The problems of this project are very clearly of management. Overpromise, a much bigger scope than they could chew... they weren't prepared for this project and managed expectations wrongly, they should have focused on less things and polish them. all this is obvious and management knew about it, but the fact they released the game anyway in that state tells me I shouldn't trust this guys again.

There was another patch. Is it still full of glitches? For 18 dollars on PC is tempting.

I believe it is getting better, but still some way off the game everyone thought it would be.
If your tempted by the PC version, it is the most polished and less buggy of the versions.

Personally, I would wait till they fix even more of the bugs - It will be $8 by then.

It's a decent shooter with a few cool ideas and a lot of bugs. It you treat it as a shooter and not a full blown RPG, it works better imo. Character growth / perk choices hardly made any impact to my mind.

I finished IT before. I think its a good game 7/10. The ai is not letting to feel the world is Alive. Its main issue. The stupidnes of npc.

Since the update, I am cyber punking my ass off again!! :D
Oh how I love to let my mind drift, soaking in the city, feeling like a blade runner. :D

Is it on the level of GTAV at least? Or full of bugs still and missing basic features? ( I would play it on PC)
Probably 2.0 is the finished game ( i think) but i did not find any roadmap for that.

Last edited:
Is it on the level of GTAV at least? Or full of bugs still and missing basic features? ( I would play it on PC)
Probably 2.0 is the finished game ( i think) but i did not find any roadmap for that.
To me, those are 2 different games.
i am not looking for a GTA like experience, Im looking for an RPG I can sink in. that’s delivered here pretty well with bugs and so…
anyway, have a look for 1.5 reviews. You will know what your getting.
i am really enjoying it atm!

To me, those are 2 different games.
i am not looking for a GTA like experience, Im looking for an RPG I can sink in. that’s delivered here pretty well with bugs and so…
anyway, have a look for 1.5 reviews. You will know what your getting.
i am really enjoying it atm!

I meant does it have the basic features of an open world, crime based game?
But the first issue i already found, still no policing AI in the game. So basic features are still missing for me to jump in.

Back
Top Bottom