Cyberpunk 2077

I must have been very lucky because after 12+ hours I didn't have a single crash on PS4 slim. Some clipping issues with NPCs here and there and not a single issue with texture loading. I even find the graphics quality very good. NPCs are on rails so I really don't care that much about the low density. I can't understand why density is low though, the NPCs are not even heavily coded, they are just sprites going back and forth like in W3.

Nice one. I'm thinking of picking it up on PS4 for Xmas as its the only time I have time to play anything properly other than PES.

tenor.gif

The world can experience with Cyberpunk what we PES-FIFA fans are experiencing for a decade now with unfinished products.

It’s an XBOX console exclusive now! ;)

Only problem now though, since the game is an absolute mess on the consoles.
Bug fixes are going to take a while to resolve, and the Next Gen version is now not going to see light for a quite a long time now.
They should of just released on PC and Next Gen, but obviously they will make 70% of their money on old gen consoles.

I'm sure it doesn't reflect the experience as a whole.. but when I see stuff like this :
Or the other well documented glitches around, the will to pick it up drops really quickly lol. I was expecting something completely different after all this hype. But I guess it's modern age of gaming that swallowed the industry as a whole like, don't you dare expect something polished and complete on day one after 7 years of development or something, it's in the past, now we have PATCHES.

Last edited:
Obviously these dumb decisions to release the game rushed and incomplete were all about pressure from management and probably their stockholders' urgency to get it out before the holidays. Now they deal with refunds and unavailability in a store front with massive amounts of customers. Today CDPR stock slid 20%

So yeah, since 10 days ago since release, the company has lost $6.5 billion dollars in market value. Crazy to think this was supposed to be their cash cow since development started a decade ago.

Doesn't matter if they made the development cost back with preorders,the company is bleeding and consumer confidence was lost.

Just a side note in general: this game wasnt in development for 8 years! Work started after the Witcher DLC “blood and wine”, afaik!
just saying, not making excuses for the quality of the retail product on consoles here! :)

Last edited:
Just a side note in general: this game wasnt in development for 8 years! Work started after the Witcher DLC “blood and wine”, afaik!
just saying, not making excuses for the quality of the retail product on consoles here! :)

Maybe you mean they went in full time production after finishing W3. However Development did start around 8-9 years ago (probably even more). They announced it around 2012/2013 cant remember. So yeah, you don't announce a game if you haven't started at least putting some of it together. Again that for me is the definition of development (story ideas, mechanics, etc). Really doubt they started developing this game after that DLC which a quick google says it was released in 2016. Although by the looks of the released product it might seem like they churned it out in 3 years.

Maybe you mean they went in full time production after finishing W3. However Development did start around 8-9 years ago (probably even more). They announced it around 2012/2013 cant remember. So yeah, you don't announce a game if you haven't started at least putting some of it together. Again that for me is the definition of development (story ideas, mechanics, etc). Really doubt they started developing this game after that DLC which a quick google says it was released in 2016. Although by the looks of the released product it might seem like they churned it out in 3 years.

Well, how much time and effort does it take to prepare a render trailer and such!?
as far as my sources go, its definitely not on the works for 8 years. Maybe I have a different understanding of a game being the primary work load...
ideas, blueprints, a trailer and artwork, I’d not consider full throttle game development.

i’d like to know more now. :D

Well, how much time and effort does it take to prepare a render trailer and such!?
as far as my sources go, its definitely not on the works for 8 years. Maybe I have a different understanding of a game being the primary work load...
ideas, blueprints, a trailer and artwork, I’d not consider full throttle game development.

i’d like to know more now. :D

Well don't take my word for it, just listen to their own words in the video I posted above (from 2012). And just forget about the rendered trailer for a moment (really doubt they pre-rendered a trailer in 2012 and said: "lets show off some screens and start working on it in 4 years"). Just because CDPR were working on the witcher does not mean they didnt have resources put into another title with another team and had already started development back then, no way they waited until W3DLC.

Again, I think you mean they went into full production 4 years ago... but development... well, that was much, much before.

But like you said. doesnt excuse the product they put out, 1,2,5,10 years in development... doesn't matter. In fact I don't know why I keep typing about dev time... who gives a sh*t. What I do hope they fix is the AI, just looking at how the AI behaves in comparison to GTA V is just a different world altogether. Dont know if its fixable thru patches.

Well don't take my word for it, just listen to their own words in the video I posted above (from 2012). And just forget about the rendered trailer for a moment (really doubt they pre-rendered a trailer in 2012 and said: "lets show off some screens and start working on it in 4 years"). Just because CDPR were working on the witcher does not mean they didnt have resources put into another title with another team and had already started development back then, no way they waited until W3DLC.

Again, I think you mean they went into full production 4 years ago... but development... well, that was much, much before.

But like you said. doesnt excuse the product they put out, 1,2,5,10 years in development... doesn't matter. In fact I don't know why I keep typing about dev time... who gives a sh*t. What I do hope they fix is the AI, just looking at how the AI behaves in comparison to GTA V is just a different world altogether. Dont know if its fixable thru patches.
True.

See, I wish I could get to the bottom of this just for knowing. Just to be clear and sort my point of view again.
I never wanna feel unaware, not knowing stuff (when I’m interested in the matter).

And if we’ll never know, than be it. Then I’m moving on...

But I like a good discussion so much, because I learn (most of the time)! :)

Anyways... you have a good weekend pal!

The pre-production phase of a game might vary depending on the genre and scope of the project. Games that I know or I have worked in have almost 1 year of pre-production which involves writing the story, designing the game mechanics, developing the overall look & feel, researching and developing technology and prototypes and a lot of talk and management. And this is for games that will take max 2 years to develop with teams of 10-20 people.

I was fortunate to have a talk last year with David Cage from Quantic Dream in which he told us they spend an average of 3 years of pre-production in their projects. And the more creative or expansive you want to be the more time you need. Going full throttle on production is so so so so expensive that you need to have everything absolutely under control before taking that step.

Now, imagine companies like CDPR with hundreds of workers, the monthly burn is probably lots of millions. They might spent 4-5 years on pre-production with a "small team" (maybe 30-40 people) doing prototypes and creative stuff, then they go to full development for 4-5 years with hundreds of workers. I know 2 guys working there and they are very happy. They have been working on Cyberpunk for the last 4 years, and when they started the game had already been in production for some time.

That said, it's a shame that the game was released in an "early access" state. It should have never been released like this, and it should have never been released at all for old-gen (ps4, xbox one). I wonder if this release fiasco can drag CDPR to a very difficult situation in the near future. I have loved all their previous games, but I felt cheated when I tried the ps4 version (risky thing to do, but call it professional curiosity. I also tried the PC version). I would say that there's a good game there waiting to be finished, but when your company depends on stakeholders this is what happens, sometimes you're forced to do things you should never do. It's the world we live in.

Just going to wait till PS5 game comes out.

Plenty for me to tide me over.

Does sound a bit of a riot, with now Sony removing it from the shop, lol.

I'm still hopeful I'll enjoy it.

FD

I don't quite see the issue. You start off weak, you progress through the game and eventually become a warlord. Seems pretty bog standard for an RPG to me. Enemies are spongy early on, but that's the nature of the beast. It doesn't take that long to gain levels and Street Cred and start doing some damage. I went with Street Brawling so I don't have much experience with firearms, but a quick look at the perks tells me there are many ways to increase your head shot/overall damage. If you're using pistols/revolvers and went the Reflexes route:

- Rio Bravo: Increases head shot damage multiplier by 30%.
- Brainpower: After a successful head shot with a Pistol or Revolver, Crit Chance increases by 25% for 5 sec.
- A Fistful of Eurodollars: Increases Crit Damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 20%.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: After a successful Crit Hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and Armor increase by 30% for 5 seconds.
+1% per Perk level.
- Grand Finale: The last round in a Pistol or Revolver clip deals double damage.
- Attritional Fire: Firing consecutive shots with a Pistol or Revolver at the same target increases damage by 10%.

That's just at a quick glance. There's also a perk under Cool that deals 50% head shot damage outside of combat so that would be perfect for a stealth build. You can also buy Tactical Analysis for 20k which is a Legendary Mod that increases head shot bonus damage by 50%. Don't forget the clothing mod called Deadeye which increases Crit Chance by 15% and Crit Damage by 30%. It's costly, but again, that's the nature of progression. This isn't even factoring in weapon or elemental damage. There are a lot of ways to become an absolute powerhouse.

Searched for Very Hard difficulty and found this. He one taps people in the head with his build.

Its sad to see launch such as this.
Not a big fan of kicking people while they're down. If I bought the game and decided that the state of it is disgraceful - id request a refund and left it at that.

The thing I cant get my head around is why is this game in such a bad state when it comes to fundamentals.
Coming from Dayz I know thing or two about bugs and glitches (cars and bears flying around, inventory gets stuck, things glitching through a closed door).
These are things that you might expect and things that should get fixed in time. Things that you can forgive when the rest makes sense.

But AI? Cops spawning out of nowhere suddenly? Empty streets? Pedestrians running you over and not reacting at all?
This is very amateurish and I expected much more from CDPR..
No idea what the hell happened there..

exactly, the problem is not even so much the bugs: core elements of gameplay are broken or modeled after an idea that is reminiscent of early 2000's games.

what were they thinking??

somebody tried to explain it to me via "stakeholder pressure forcing them to cut features to ensure release date" - nope, NOPE. i highly doubt they cut (for example - there is loads more) a decent police ai, driving ai or even a place to park your car just to release it in 2020. they never had those things planned.

for those old enough to remember: good lord do i get some DAIKATANA vibes from this piece of shit overhyped software.

Last edited:
Cyberprank 2077 vs GTA 4 (2007)

GTA IV was way ahead of it's time in a load of this AI/physics stuff, still the benchmark for me in this kind of game. Even GTA V massively downgraded a lot of the aspects shown in that video, there's a similar video comparing IV to V.

These things are the most disappointing and offputting aspects about the game to me rather than any concerns about the performance and bugs. All this time and money spent developing it, and the gameplay mechanics, physics and AI all range from mediocre to piss poor. These aren't really bugs or something you would expect to be significantly changed in post-release updates, they are the fundamental design of the game.

But hey, the ray-traced neon lights and puddles look nice, so the game is a 9/10 - IGN.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom