CM5 and FM2005.

Anyone ave any problems with FM 5.0.5. with it just crashing to desktop when I try to start a game up? :(

FD

i have 5.0.5 and it works fine

1 thing i do like about the patch is that its really hard to find a tactic to suit ur team so alot of tinkering is needed

I have to agree with some of the comments made although its a magical game (fm2005) sometimes its untrue for example having 30-40 shots a game and scraping a 1-1 draw with the computer team having 1 shot on target but overall its pure class already won the Greek league with Olympiakos (Romario is legendary for 1 season then he retires!) the press were like Romario past his best? so i praised him ended up my top assist player and 2nd top scorer considering i got him half way through the season that was some achievement. But im top of the Czech League with Sparta Prague also ive just started a game with Santos and will be Man Utd next. someone earlier mentioned scouts sending videoclips of players can someone expand on that for me because thats new to me, can this be done? if so how, id like to know.

Yea same Diego, the shooting on the game is utter bollocks, thats the only reason I never played the game for long, was because of the shooting.

Doesnt matter who I went, I started a season with Celtic, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man UTD, and every team struggled to score, they have about 20 shots on goal, and like 5 on target, while the CPU run down the pitch, take ONE shot and score, utter nonsence.

Or the GK kickouts, 80% of them go back to the CPU, and the cards?..I was getting like 1 red every game, the AI is terrible, not even worthy of a game.

I want to get A CM/FM game but don't know which one is good. Can someone give me a brief review on both of the games and tell me which one i should get.

Disgraceful. Data is awful, players have completely wrong positional data (Nistelrooy has played in defence for Man U more than once). 10-0 scorelines aren't uncommon. Coventry have a budget of £10 million. Tranmere (in debt in real life) have a similar budget. I wanted it to be a real alternative in FM and I always thought it would be - I didn't expect it to be bad, let alone how bad it is.

Edit: The "big announcement" has been postponed to Monday due to legal and licensing reasons. It's confirmed to be FM related, predicted to be FM2006 news - so it's sounding good... Here's hoping it's a Winning Eleven\FM combination :D

Last edited:
I just played the gold demo of FM2005, which I suppose is based on one of the recent patches.
The game is friggin' amazing! The number of players and clubs in this game is unbelievable, it seems like you can find at least 6 teams from any league in the world.
I was surprised to find Batistuta in the game since I didn't expect al-Arabi to in it, I bought him as Man Utd. Awesome!

It's strange the amount of people who overlook it - my brother-in-law played nothing but Pro Evo and I tried to get him into (what was at the time) CM (now FM). He thought it looked okay but wasn't really struck. Next night he wanted another go after he'd been thinking of a few things he could do with the squad... Next night he wanted to see if he could loan a star defender... And years later he now plays FM more than PES.

(And his 11-year-old son - although he plays 4-4-2 every game as he "can't be bothered")

By the way, the gold demo (as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure) is unpatched. When you get the full game and patch it to 5.0.5 there's loads more neat features (such as "Interactive Chairmen" - if you get hired by someone like Chelsea and you don't buy any big names, the chairman suggests a few, and if you don't like them he buys them for you).

I can't wait for FM2006 and this announcement on Monday - it's hard to see how they can top this (but then I thought that when upgrading from CM to FM I suppose).

Last edited:
lol its weird all these people didn't know about SIgames and FM manager. Am I only one who got into FM formerly CM first then into PES/WE games ?? ;) lol.

I personally don't play FM because one day it just hit me and i just couldn't sit there look at dots move around anymore but before that for 4 years this game made me lose friends and gfs lol. It is the most addictive shit ever if you're into it but once it hits you and you fall out you just can't be bothered anymore :(

Anyways can anyone who has FM tell me how big these 2 files are: ??
server_db.dat and people_db.dat
because I need someone to send them to me

20 and 80 meg respectively on my version.

And most people i know got into CM WAY before they got into PES (and then WE)!!!

I know these is a strange thing to say, but i just think the game is TOO in-depth now, and doesnt have that easy flow it used to have back in the day.

lol probably right and what turns me off about it is that because it's a managing game its very much dependant on STATS/attributes so seeing wrong stats/bad research here and there just shits all over my feeling to play where as in PES/WE at least you're controlling them.. so even if stats aren't dead right you can do something as you're in control but other game cuz you're watching.... stats determine everything and if they're not even close it pisses you off.

Anyways i'm gonna need someone to send me those 2 files only, if anybody is kind enough to wanna help PLF out. tell me here... we'll add you on MSN and get this shit going.

take care

I want them too, maybe an updated set so it makes converting the PES4 stats easier.

Anyone know where you can download updated databases with the most recent transfers?

I downloaded an update but EditPRO4 always says No CM4 data found :(

What do I do?..I copied the player_db and server_db into the directory, and get that message.

It only works if I keep the old cache in, which I dont want.

"CM / FM database format is constantly modified. Adapting to each new format modification is much time-consuming, so the editor may not support latest databases."

Suppose thats why, shame :(

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing the game for about 25 games, its the same old shit, Rooney hits it miles over the bar from their box, but they score into me from 30 yards out..

Its a load of bollocks, you play preston and have 19 shots and only 3 go on target, while none go in, just a joke.

Plus you get injury after injury after injury, plus your getting on average 3 yellow cards per game, pish game.

Ok right i will be getting this game then...i was nearly about to buy CM on the PS2...evrybody here slags it off and the same at PESFan.

CM for the PS2 ROFL, I bought TCM 2005 for the PS2, played it for one day and never touched it, manager games for consoles are bloody shit.

Yea, LMA is the best, but still crap.

I started ANOTHER season on FM with Ajax, still the same crap :(

I wonder what they even changed in the patch, it all seems the exact same to me, ah well..back to the shelf it goes.

I think FM has its moments of goodness, but sometimes there is that period where you just cant do anything to influence results.

Anyway, its better than CM5 - lol the demo came out after the official release, or is the demo not out yet?

Back
Top Bottom