Chelsea Thread

No Costa, Remy or Dave. Looks like United are in luck, they might actually have a shot.

Hazard will still run circles around our inexperienced backline so unless Chelsea is having an off day or LvG decides to park the bus I'm not sure we won't concede some. Could be interesting though. Master Louis against former apprentice Mou.

he touch Di Maria leg , not a yellow coz seems he didn't mean to but I think it was free kick

Barely had any contact mate. It's football.

More from the match:
YouTube - Referee Phil Dowd puts Fabregas on the ground - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Some classic from classy United:
YouTube - Fernando Torres Red Card vs Man United 28/10/12

More classic for your enjoyment:
YouTube - How referees help Manchester United
YouTube - WORST REFEREEING DECISION EVER

Really a disgrace.

Last edited:
Di Maria was fouled regardless how long it took to fall( it takes a few seconds for the body to react to contact). It was silly for Ivan to have a go at him after he clearly past him. I think the yellow was very harsh , but by Dowd `s standards it`s what he does.

Chelsea took the foot off the gas after scoring almost like Mou wanted to save face to his buddy Luis. He allow the wounded animal to have a chance. The Draw was fair!

Mehtab going on about diving and being classless and yet, in Drogba and Mourinho, Chelsea probably harbour the two biggest culprits of both in PL history:LOL:

I have a feeling we are going to thrash Liverpool today. But our form doesn't look so nice. Hopefully this is a come back.

It's funny how this is the first referee's decision went on our way and everyone's furious when this happens regularly when we play against United.

Cahill > Hart

Ladies and gentlemen...we finally have a winner for the most subjective and useless post of the year...

Cahill > Hart

Has there ever been a post more poetic than this one...

Cahill < Hart

Does that mean that you concede Hart should have been sent off, but Cahill even more ?

Or that Hart should certainly not been sent off and Cahill neither.

Or that Hart maybe should not have been sent off and Cahill certainly.

Oh, yeah...

I haven't seen the match.

I hope Chelsea win the league...

He was just making a joke, Gerd. It probably would have been funny for you too if you had seen the match.

The situation was a stonewall handball in the box by Cahill, almost stopping the shot like a goalkeeper.

In my subjective view, Chelsea didn't deserve the win - two very lucky goals and a clear pen not given against them - but neither did Liverpool, they created almost nothing in front of Courtois, Can was lucky with the deflection as well. A draw would have been a fair result IMO. But with Chelsea this season, one can always expect that they will scrape through with the points no matter what, so there's that. That's always the sign of the future champions...

Nope.

I was referencing Cahill's excellent save near the end of the game.

Anyone else who actually watched the game may have understood that.

On the actual game, Chelsea were quite comfortable really. Liverpool lacked teeth upfront (not surprising without Sturridge). The most they deserved was perhaps a draw with a pen at the end. CFC did enough to win but a pen is a pen at the end of the day

Last edited:
OOPS.

Then i guess, i should apologize.

I'm sorry Godotelli.

Thought you were comparing red card calls.

Still want Chelsea to become champions because they play great football and because there are no neutrals who want them to become champions.

Back
Top Bottom