Chelsea Thread

Meh, why would you waste Essien by making him sweep in front of the back 4?

Abhi - I think he means have Mikel doing the sweeping, read it again he's referring to the formation Lami suggested.

What Jumberto said. ;))

But putting him there is not a waste, because playing 442, leaves the DMF with more freedom to make a few runs upfront. He can't if it's 433 though.

Never been wowed by this guy despite all the hype. £25m seems an awful lot of money for him too. I'd rather have Robben back.

Agent - Blues keen on Robinho

Chelsea could be ready to make £25m offer for Brazilian

robinho_588459.jpg

Chelsea are set to step up their interest in Real Madrid forward Robinho this week, according to the player's agent. Robinho has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge for some time and the speculation has increased since the appointment of his fellow Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea. Scolari only takes up his post on Tuesday but it is understood that he has identified Robinho as one of his top transfer targets and could be ready to make an offer of around £25million. It has also been reported that Real Madrid are ready to sell as they look to raise funds in order to make an offer to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo. Robinho's representative Wagner Ribeiro is aware of Chelsea's interest and believes the two clubs should begin formal talks in the coming days.

"It is not new but now with the arrival of Scolari to the bench they have increased the contact," Ribeiro said in the Daily Star. "I expect there to be an official contact between the clubs this week after the end of the Euros. "Robinho, who enjoyed an impressive campaign for Real last term, will reportedly be offered a lucrative four-year deal."

I did - and tried to ignore it! :anx:

He's not rubbish, but then he's not good either. And certainly not £30m good.

If RA spends £60m on the two players above, I will personally try and have him commited.

Loved this from Dos Santos..."New Tottenham signing Giovani Dos Santos, 19, has revealed he turned down Man United, Chelsea and Ajax to sign at White Hart Lane from Barcelona. "I also had good offers [from them], but I loved Juande Ramos' ideas. I am going to do great things with the Spurs," he said. (Setanta Sports, 1110)"

Course you did mate! :-pp

Grosso, if you want to say fat Frank, it would be 'ciccio Frank'. :lol:

Lol, thanks mate. By the way, is that first "c" pronounced like an English "s?" And the double cc is like a ch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit more like it - £8m is pretty reasonable in fact.

Barcelona's Deco expects Chelsea move this week

spacer.gif

Barcelona midfielder Deco will announce he is joining Chelsea this week.
AS says Barca are prepared to accept a bid of around £8 million from Chelsea for the Portugal international, who will announce he is moving to London in the coming days.

Same team as i posted bofore but now change Robinho with Ronniedinho :) I think Robinho is what you need but he would need to beef up. you lack creative idea's in my book, Robinho, Deco and Ballack behind 1 or 2 would definetly make you a better side going forward.

CHELSEA SIGN DECO

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Deco from FC Barcelona. The Portuguese midfielder becomes our first signing under Luiz Felipe Scolari since the Brazilian's appointment as manager on June 11. Deco, who won the Champions League and UEFA Cup with FC Porto, spoke to Chelsea TV after officially signing and said: 'It is good for me to be here and first of all I am very happy to be here.'

The former Barcelona player has further Champions League success as one of his main ambitions with Chelsea and, after playing in Euro 2008 alongside a strong Chelsea contingent, now feels the time was right to join his former national coach in west London. 'I am sure I have come at the right time to do great things and be able to help Chelsea go back to the way it was and come back to being the first one, not only in England but also to win the Champions League that has been their dream for so long.

'The Premier League is a great league and it is getting better and you can see that with the Champions League Final, where you had two English teams. 'It is great that we have so many great players here at Chelsea and it is great that there is the competition which is healthy for everybody and this just makes the team better. 'To have great players in any position of the club just enhances the club. 'I know it is a new challenge but I am looking forward to it. 'I know I need a little bit of time to adapt bit but I am sure I will adapt quite well and quite fast and do my best for the team.'

:LOL: So true.

I hope the club doesn't get anyone else.

I believe you already have a very strong side, and bringing in more players will destroy the unity that exists in the team.

:LOL: So true.

I hope the club doesn't get anyone else.

I believe you already have a very strong side, and bringing in more players will destroy the unity that exists in the team.

We still need 1 talented winger (if not 2) and we need to offload a lot of dead weight from the squad (SWP, Sidwell, Pizarro, Ben Haim etc) - and maybe bring in some younger, hungrier players in their place. I hope Scolari sees that.

Chelsea, it seems is making things hard for Lampard. Mourinho said today that it will hard to get Lampard.

ie. Inter don't want to put their hand in their pocket!

If they don't want to pay, they can just sit there and wait until next year. It's no hardship keeping Frank at the Bridge for one more season.

This is how I imagine Scolari's teamsheet looks at the minute. Looks like the full backs will create most of the width, while up front we will keep hold of Drogba but he'll want someone more mobile as first pick.

............................................?..................................................
................................................................................................
.............?........................Ballack..........................Deco............
................................................................................................
..............................................................Essien.........................
.....................Maka...................................................................
.................................................................................................
A. Cole.................Terry..........Carvalho.....................Bosingwa

Hopefully no long ball play.
Opta Stats 07/08
Percentage of passes that were long
Reading 21.08%
Birmingham City 20.87%
Middlesbrough 19.19%
Wigan Athletic 18.45%
Derby County 18.45%
Fulham 18.37%
Bolton Wanderers 18.24%
Portsmouth 17.81%
Sunderland 17.63%
Newcastle United 17.37%
Aston Villa 17.33%
Everton 17.27%
West Ham United 17.19%
Liverpool 16.88%
Blackburn Rovers 16.71%
Tottenham Hotspur 15.70%
Manchester City 15.12%
Manchester United 13.86%
:w00t: Chelsea 12.48% :w00t:
Arsenal 10.33%

Joe Cole would suit that sort of position but I don't think he'll be first choice (at least at the start of the season)

Last edited:
Nice team sheet TB but if it seems like Lampard isnt going your surely gonna play him? or are you trying to pull a sit in the stands job on him? Robinho and Ronaldinho to that team...IMO

I don't know what will happen.

With Deco coming, I think that signals that Chelsea expect Frank to go. Mourinho's comments are all about trying to get the price down by threatening to pull out - subtle as ever.....

But it's not much of a threat, I'm sure Scolari would be happy to have him in the mix, and he's the sort of guy that would give 100% regardless of his situation.

The ball is in Inter's court, but I do expect Frank will leave.

Back
Top Bottom