Chelsea Thread

And doesn't seem very Giggs like to me!

Looks a straight forward attacking full back with a decent line in set pieces.

his natural position is a winger he's a versatile player who also can play as a wing back as he did for Russia, if your thinking about him playing like giggs from last nights game i would agree but for CSKA he seems to play more similar.

Zhirkov is midfield player used as back by Hiddink.
But he is a midfielder...

And Piet De Visser...whooaaaa that's a former manager of my defunct favourite team RWDM (RIP).

We'll see tommorow how true this is, Chelsea fans wont be losing any sleep over this i doubt, Deco coming in anyway.

Lampard every time. He has been incredible for us over the last 6 or 7 years.

But I'm not sure how true this story is anyway. The source is an 'insider', reading the France Football article.

Lampard lands in Italy
Saturday 28 June, 2008
Frank Lampard arrived in the peninsula this weekend to complete his £7.5m transfer to Inter.

Reports emerged last night from France Football that the deal had been struck and it is now believed the Chelsea midfielder is already in Italy to undergo a medical.

The Italian media claim he arrived in Positano last night and will be in Milan to put pen to paper later today.

Lampard is provided with a four-year contract worth £5.8m per season – almost a £2m increase from his Chelsea wages – and the club receives £7.5m.

The England star had only one year left on his contract with the Stamford Bridge side and was eager to reunite with new Inter boss Jose Mourinho.

The deciding factor could well have been Deco, who was wanted by both Inter and Chelsea.

It is rumoured the Nerazzurri opted to back out of contention for the Barcelona midfielder so he could begin building Luiz Felipe Scolari’s squad in London.

It's starting to spread. I think its also got to do with his age. At 30, he doesn't have much time to try new stuff in football.

Depends on how Chelsea want to play imo, If they play with 1 uptop and thats Drogba than i'd rather have Lamps but if you have a striker like Villa etc or even 2 uptop then i'd rather have Deco personally i like the direction Chelsea are going. a more flamboyant, creative and dare i say exciting team to watch:TU:

out of the two who would you rather have Lamps or Deco?

Lamps anydays!!!so sad if this story is true:((
if he goes i hope we gonna play 4-4-2 with ballack and essien in the middle,cole and ? in th wings and Drogba Anelka up front!
we really don't need Deco or Ronaldinho

I think a 4-1-3-2 is what you will play..just my prediction so far

-----------Cech-------------
Boswinga-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
----------Essien-----------
----Ballack-Deco-Ronaldinho-
--------?------Drogba-----

That looks like a extremely strong side, the player i question marked could be Anelka but im still not sure if it would be him.

That looks like a extremely strong side, the player i question marked could be Anelka but im still not sure if it would be him.

It will be very interesting to see what Scolari does with Chelsea. Don't think they'll buy Deco and Ronaldinho, but one of the two. Chelsea will still have the most talent in midfield I think. Makelele, Mikel, Essien, Ballack, and probably Deco. Scolari always plays with a sweeper in front of the back 4, so I think Mikel will be first choice for that. It would be a waste of Essien's talent to make him do the dirty work, rather than give him freedom to bomb into the box. And then he might have to choose between Ballack or Deco, unless he does adopt a diamond midfield, with Mikel, Essien, Ballack and Deco, with Bosingwa and Cole providing width (that would make sense). But then I don't know how Drogba would fit in.

Meh, don't know. Will be interesting for sure.

--Joe Cole--Deco--Ronaldinho-
--------Ballack-----------
--------------Drogba-----

;))

Ballack would always play more deep in the midfield, and Ronaldinho near the striker. And I would take Joe Cole out for Mikel, and then put Essien ahead swapping with Mikel.

Ballack would always play more deep in the midfield, and Ronaldinho near the striker. And I would take Joe Cole out for Mikel, and then put Essien ahead swapping with Mikel.

Meh, why would you waste Essien by making him sweep in front of the back 4?

Does anyone think the size of the pitch makes a difference to the way Chelsea play? it just seems so small and congested, yet this wasn't a problem for Arsenal but i find this a problem to why teams struggle against Chelsea at home, its difficult to stretch them and find more space.

Back
Top Bottom