Chelsea Thread

Beckham is a symbol of global football, more specifically - a symbol of English football. Maybe not ability wise, but if you ask any football fan out of the UK, they would mention Beckham as soon as you talk about England.

Sulph said:
Yeah i geuss thast true, but what i meant was if Lamps was the captain of Liverpool and in the same situation he is, eg coming to the club when he was 8, then he probably would have the same effect.
But then again, thats like saying "If I grew up in Portugal playing football on the island of Madeira since I was a kid, I would have the skill and talent of Cristiano Ronaldo"
The fact is what we know. Theres no need for excuses.

Sulph said:
Also, it doesent mean that Gerr is a better motivator. Terry could be a better motivator than both, which could explain why hes captain, it doesnt mean Lampard is less of a motivator than Gerrard.

Eg.

Statement 1 Gerrard is a good motivator.
Statement 2 Terry is a better motivator than Lampard.

It does not mean that Lampard is less of a motivator than Gerrard. Terry could be better than both for all i care.

TERRY FOR ENGLAND CAPTAIN
Fair point but IMO, Terry and Gerrard are equally good as captains making Lampard the worst of the three. Lampard isnt really a leader and isnt as vocal on the pitch as Terry and Gerrard.
And there are times when even Beckham has been a better motivator than Lampard.

Chelseas off the field activties have alienated them from the rest of the pack...

from the Guardian

'If Peter Kenyon is to make Chelsea the biggest brand in world football he will have to do it without the help of the most powerful alliance in the European club game. Despite being the richest club in the world and reaching the last two Champions League semi-finals, Chelsea's attempts to enter the influential G14 group of leading European clubs have been blocked.
The G14's statutes require a unanimous agreement on the admission of a new member, and several clubs, including Arsenal, have blocked their entry in the past. G14 chief executive Thomas Kurth has indicated that some have reservations about Roman Abramovich's influence, and despite their recent success Chelsea's admission has not even been discussed this year.
Speaking at the Soccerex global football conference in Dubai, Kenyon said Chelsea "had the stature" to enter G14, but would not be drawn on why Chelsea had been snubbed. "You would have to ask the other clubs why we're not in," he said.'

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Chelseas off the field activties have alienated them from the rest of the pack...

from the Guardian

'If Peter Kenyon is to make Chelsea the biggest brand in world football he will have to do it without the help of the most powerful alliance in the European club game. Despite being the richest club in the world and reaching the last two Champions League semi-finals, Chelsea's attempts to enter the influential G14 group of leading European clubs have been blocked.
The G14's statutes require a unanimous agreement on the admission of a new member, and several clubs, including Arsenal, have blocked their entry in the past. G14 chief executive Thomas Kurth has indicated that some have reservations about Roman Abramovich's influence, and despite their recent success Chelsea's admission has not even been discussed this year.
Speaking at the Soccerex global football conference in Dubai, Kenyon said Chelsea "had the stature" to enter G14, but would not be drawn on why Chelsea had been snubbed. "You would have to ask the other clubs why we're not in," he said.'

Keep 'em out I say!

Clockender said:
Keep 'em out I say!

lol

its funny that cuddly pete reckons he doesnt know why they are being blocked...

nothing to do with tapping up the:

england boss..

or gerrard.....

or ca$shley cole....

or Frank Arnesen (sp)

or Mikel....

Might we be seeing your Master Carlton Cole get a starting berth tomorrow? With Drogba suspended and Crespo's fitness a "maybe," it could be possible. I reckon it's a good game to get him in there. I'd like to see more of him really. I remember when Ranieri gave him a good few games, even in the CL. He' pretty useful - skillful for a tall lad. I'm guessin g Crespo may well get the nod though. I'd rather he didn't, if he wasn't 100% though. Robben has supposedly recovered, but we'll wait and see. He hasn't exactly been too sharp of late.
Anyway, let's hope for a good game tomorrow and a win. We have a good record against Newcastle and they're record in the Capital isn't too hot either.

Hey Proff,

whats this about Roman being vexed about chelseas recent performance (2 league defeats in a year, it is poor) and rumours of a clearout..

any news??

If you ask me, it's the media once again stirring it up. After all it's been very quiet recently. I can hear the Chief Editors now "Let's run another Chelsea story..."The reports emerged yesterday, two days before the Premiership fixtures resume, and post the Argentina friendly.

When "Spitting Image" portrayed the media as "pigs" they weren't wrong :mrgreen:

Predicted lineup

goodenuff2ng.jpg

Probably his own :mrgreen:

Knockout stages here we come. Bit of a "whatever" game against Pool, given the talent in the champions league. Finishing first or second doesn't make much difference. Just nice to be there. :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Probably his own :mrgreen:

Knockout stages here we come. Bit of a "whatever" game against Pool, given the talent in the champions league. Finishing first or second doesn't make much difference. Just nice to be there. :)
You might have a different opinion once you finally see who you can be drawn against. We were in this position last year and didnt take the last game seriously which resulted in us being drawn against Milan. Where as the team who topped the group got a much easier team (I think Werder Bremen) And then went on to thrash them something like 10-1 on agg. And that could have been Man Utd who went on to the next round.

Back
Top Bottom