Champions League 2012/13

You guys are forgetting about Madrid way too soon, unlike Bracelona they scored a goal which's going to benfit them and if anyone can make that comeback it's them, mark my words this isn't going to be another Monaco senario.

Hello Europe, this is the strongest league in the world calling! Get prepared for a "German Finale" in Wembley! :TU:
No this strong league would not last for a long time because Bayern will curb any kind of raising power in the league for instance Dortmund by different strategies such as buy their key players as a result this league will not impress the euro so long....
And the premier league is the best till now because they made the champions league like the fa cup continuously :BOP:

Exactly. Totally agree with this. It's as reactionary as saying English teams are woeful and done, less than a year after an English team won the damn thing.

Dortmund finished bottom of their group last year as well.

It could also quite easily have been Utd vs Malaga tonight if certain decisions had been different.

I'm not slagging them off - I hope they win it (tho Real are capable of winning 3-0 at home) - I just don't see german domination yet

Exactly. Totally agree with this. It's as reactionary as saying English teams are woeful and done, less than a year after an English team won the damn thing.

yeah but the MANNER in which Chelsea won was what people are commenting on.

Even then, you can comment on the overall quality of the premier league as a whole as being not on par with the other major leagues despite the premier league having 2-3 of the top teams in the world.

Lots of things to talk about. What a shame that Real Madrid scored a goal and that Dortmund was denied a 5th gal (that off-side that wasn't given).
That was everything football should be: great match, fantastic atmosphere, heavenly finishing by Lewandowski, brilliant individual performance (Gundogan, Reus, Bender, Subotic hell this team doesn't need Götze), the underdogs (really ?) winning. Despite the off-side mistake also a good ref (credit to him for that yellow card for Özil when he asked a yellow for a Dortmund player, i like Özil, but that was brilliant refereeing).

Both semi's were a triumph for football and for the Bundesliga. IMO (a very subjective one) the Bundesliga is the best league (although personally i prefer the EPL) because of the atmosphere in the stadiums, because clubs like Dortmund and Bayern are owned by the fans (for a part), because these clubs have no debts, because this league is more competitivethan people think (not this season, i know).

Oh and Beach, i remember how you reacte when Chelsea won the CL (you were underwhelmed and that is understatement) and now you use their win as an argument...strange.

The point is that all English clubs take (more or less) "financial drugs". Clubs like Dortmund and Bayern don't (anymore). A club like Dortmund used to have debts like the English clubs, but in less then 15 years they turned this around and have build a magnificent team.

About the CL: i'm not sure if both German club can be assured of the final. It seems highly unlikely that Bayern would loose 4-0 or more, but stranger things have happened at the Nou Camp, whereas Real "only" need a 3-0 win.

I hope both German clubs play the final, and most of all Dortmund because what we saw yesterday was the triumph of team work over the galactico system that i do't like at all...

Some performance by the German teams, looked awesome.

Funny that Bayern who helped Dortmund stave off bankruptcy with a 2mE loan could face off against each other around 10 years later.

FD

Bravo Dortmund, what a brilliant side. Hats off to Klopp for building such a wonderful squad.

That said, Bayern is in the final, but as others say that Madrid goal could be crucial. 3-0 at the Bernabeu is not that odd, if Madrid scores in the few minutes the round will be at stakes...

real has no chance so don't have barca , real play counter atack boring football and that wont work with a Dortmund who is leading up to 3 goal , and Dortmund to dont score a goal there ? I'm sorry but I cant see this happening

as for Barca vs Bayern , im glad bayern kick they ass so bad , but i wish it was 8-0 , 4 is not just enough , Barcelone its one of most stupid team in the planet , they have a shit defense with Pique (not better than Evans) most overrated player in planet , and that young (???) look so rediculos , the thing is they spend a lot on players they dont need like Mascherano , Fabregas , Alexis , and now Song REALLY ???? they should have gonne for Silva while was on Milan , they should go for Hummels now or any strong CB but guess what they will go for crapy Neymar (2nd most overrated player after Shakira) and maybe Lucas Leiva , Arteta or any kind of other player to warm theyr bench ?

and I'll bet for Bayern to win on Camp now , gonna show you guys my ticket ;)

i was out for dinner with some friends yesterday. before leaving home i thought "should i record the match on my sky decoder (it works kinda like a tivo)?...... meh, it's probably not worth it.... it's just the 1st leg, i'm sure it'll be a borefest"

at around 11 pm i picked up my phone to look at the score on the livescore app......
:FAIL:

I've seen pitches mudded up to stop the ball. I never seen over watering though, that might be a difference approach by Bayern . It's advantage play but I don't like it. I'm really looking forward to The return leg...so many in here said 'not a chance' we saw what Arsenal did at Munich! Barça are much more capable.

Oh man I still remember some of us praising Bundesliga a couple of years ago, how their league was so attractive to watch, glad people are realizing that now.

Yeah I remember that. It always takes people 2-3 years to realize things like that.

Anyway nice game by Dortmund but it's a shame Hummels gifted them such an easy away goal and also a big shame that Reus was called offside for what would have been a beautiful 5th goal!

Those two instances have given Real a glimmer of hope for 2nd leg (something Barca doesn't have in my opinion) but in truth Dortmund's performance was just as dominating as Bayern's. Unfortunately Hummels' mistake makes it less so but it doesn't change the fact that Dortmund has yet again outclassed and outplayed Real Madrid.

Madrid still has a chance in 2nd leg however due to those two instances where as I don't think Barca does. Nonetheless, many of us said that we could see an All German final even back in GROUP stages with these two teams clearly two of the very best in the world and now it's looking very likely.

That Bayern bought one of their rival's star players is bad enough for football and puts Bayern in a cynical light... only to be surpassed by Bayern buying TWO of their players.

Shame on Bayern, they're pissing in their own backyard and playing high stakes on the ugliest part of football, twice over.

They've lost my respect, all of it. I hope they crash and burn in a lake of hellfire.

That Bayern bought one of their rival's star players is bad enough for football and puts Bayern in a cynical light... only to be surpassed by Bayern buying TWO of their players.

Shame on Bayern, they're pissing in their own backyard and playing high stakes on the ugliest part of football, twice over.

They've lost my respect, all of it. I hope they crash and burn in a lake of hellfire.
They are doing this for a few years: Neuer, Boateng, Dante, Gustavo, Gomez, Kroos, Mandzukic...

They are doing this for a few years: Neuer, Boateng, Dante, Gustavo, Gomez, Kroos, Mandzukic...

Dortmund do this although with Reus oder Gündogan.

Kroos is from the bayern youth teams. he was on loan @leverkusen and comes back.

Every Big Club do this! Nonsense discussion.

The thing is that bayern should look for players outside and make bundesliga more strong , in this way they are makin it look more weak , but I guess that's what they want they'll not have problems wining bundesliga next year , if Dortmund could stay as strong as now and few more teams lets say Schalke and Leverkusen could buy some more quality players and bayern getting (let's say Suarez) than bundesliga would be best leagues on Europe , all tho it's really cool as it is , stadiums are always full , great atmosphere , beautiful stadiums/pitch , a lot of goals and shots per game , also a lot of discipline , I really enjoy watching bundesliga way much more than la liga (and sometimes even more than serie a ) but still my first choice it's premier league !

Mandzukic was left out of Wolfsburg squad and Bayern bought him due to his performance in Euro only...

Gustavo wasn´t THAT KIND OF top player at Hoffenheim and Boateng was bought from City where he didn´t play..

Kroos is their own player who was loaned out and returned later.

Bayern do what other teams do as well...they are the champions, the players want to join and they buy. As long as the core is German, it´s only good for Bundesliga...

Most of their team is German NT...you can´t say the same about English top teams sadly..and it shows in the NT.

Dortmund do this although with Reus oder Gündogan.

Kroos is from the bayern youth teams. he was on loan @leverkusen and comes back.

without reading this comment i said the same basicly..now second time i noticed our comments are simmilar :P

Gotta agree there. Every club does that within their respective financial possibilities.
And I much rather have Bayern at the high-end KEEPING those great players in Germany then seeing them all do a Diego, Oezil, Khedira, Podolski or Mertesacker and strengthen squads outside of the country. :)
And make no mistake about it: Goetze and Lewandowski were on their way out. You can't honestly hold it against Bayern Munich officials to make a move towards world class talent like that ... I'd say: Sack the management if deals like that would slip through their fingers.

New talent coming in also means a couple of players will leave the club. Big names might finally be available again - maybe Gomez, Robben, Kroos, even. Not to mention that Dortmund will be able to spend quite a huge amount of money on new players this summer. I think the perspective they can offer young guys eagerly waiting to make a name for themselves is extraordinary - Juergen Klopp alone is a key factor, and they sure won't starve to death being employed by BVB either. Right now I can absolutely see prospects like Heung-Min Son, Christian Eriksen or even Isco at least really consider a move in the Ruhrpott. Exciting times ahead for sure.

Whatever happens, though, it'll be business as usual.

One more thing ... Bayern actually has a very balanced squad in terms of its structure, if you count players who are products of Bayern's own youth-teams (Lahm, Alaba, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Contento, Kroos <- grabbed early from Hansa Rostock, tbh., Can, Hojbjerg) on the one side, players who came from abroad (Boateng, Ribery, Martinez, Robben, Shaqiri, Tymo, Rafinha) and those who were bought from rivaling Bundesliga sides (Neuer, Dante, Gustavo, van Buyten, Starke, Gomez, Mandzukic, Pizarro). Sure, it's not "La Masia" levels of home-grown talent, but who can keep up with Barca in that department right now, anyway?
It's important to have at least a core of home-grown players in your first squad, I believe, and Bayern Munich has been a prime example of this philosophy for a long time now. That a rich club with the highest ambitions on the international level will always add to this core the best talent they can possibly get their hands on, is also obvious and understandable.

How has Boateng been for Bayern btw?

We barely saw him play over here mainly because of injury. All I remember really was 1 galavanting run to setup a goal vs Valencia in pre season and him looking very/too casual in possession at times ...oh and him taking ages to take throw ins lol

Gotta agree there. Every club does that within their respective financial possibilities.
And I much rather have Bayern at the high-end KEEPING those great players in Germany then seeing them all do a Diego, Oezil, Khedira, Podolski or Mertesacker and strengthen squads outside of the country. :)

:NONO: They`re getting more experience here then there. That is improving the Germany`s national team. :))

Mandzukic was left out of Wolfsburg squad and Bayern bought him due to his performance in Euro only...

Gustavo wasn´t THAT KIND OF top player at Hoffenheim and Boateng was bought from City where he didn´t play..

Kroos is their own player who was loaned out and returned later.

Bayern do what other teams do as well...they are the champions, the players want to join and they buy. As long as the core is German, it´s only good for Bundesliga...

Most of their team is German NT...you can´t say the same about English top teams sadly..and it shows in the NT.

I think its bad for Bundesliga, since they're so much richer than the rest of the league and those transfers, in theory, sometimes can increase the gap (they get stronger and weaken the opposition). Every club does that, i know, but with Bayern it just don't looks right to me. Maybe it's because it feels to me all other teams in the league are underdogs for the title

Last edited:
I've seen pitches mudded up to stop the ball. I never seen over watering though, that might be a difference approach by Bayern . It's advantage play but I don't like it. I'm really looking forward to The return leg...so many in here said 'not a chance' we saw what Arsenal did at Munich! Barça are much more capable.

Honestly I found it insulting that Bayern would do that not to mention the 3 dubious calls by the ref. Good luck to them.
I stringly believe Barca can overturn that 4-0 defeat.

Another shameful thing is how Dortmunds players are openly announcing their moves and its to Bayern. Its cheap and smacks of disrespect and taints the fact that German teams are doing well.also its going to kill off Dortmunds chances of trying to take over the Bayern galacticos or hollwodd as they like to call it.

This power shift talk is nonsense. It can't be justified by 1 competition. Were there any teams that were serious contenders in the europa league?

Gustavo wasn´t THAT KIND OF top player at Hoffenheim and Boateng was bought from City where he didn´t play...

Hoffenheim's coach dismissed after his transfer to Bayern...he was Hoffenheim's most important player. Afterwards Hoffenheim was never the same team. A litle bit like Xavi Alonso and Liverpool.

Mark my words. There will be a Spanish team in the final at London. I'm 100% sure and would bet my sword hand.

PS: I'm obviously talking about the basketball european final four, of course. :COAT:

NMScS8l.gif

One of my best friends is Ukranian and from Donetsk. He's a HUGE Shakhtar fan and his other favorite team has always been Real Madrid.

Needless to say he absolutely HATES Dortmund now! :P

:LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom