Champions League 2012/13

if we believe in coincidences, then Barcelona would be champions :

- Final in Wembley : like 92, 2011
- The coincidence in Ronaldinho_23 post
- Last 3 years, the team who buy Valencia's key player, wins it .. (Villa, Mata)
- what else ?

BUT, football isn't about coincidence, neither about luck ..
so, everything is possible, all teams chances are quasi-equals ..

Bayern and Real are very strong this year + Real are really hungry this time and they're more concentrated than last years .. but Bayern and the germans generally aren't good at finals, they seem constant and dominant during the competition, but in finals they lose it all ..
Barça are used to finals last years ..
Dortmund have the chance but they have less probability than the others ..

its 55-45 for Barca

i dont belive in that kind of stuff... this year say that Juve will go because Pirlo never lost against German team... we see what happend.

I may be in the minority here but I'm picking Barca to win this tie. Hard to pick against a clutch player like Messi. The game changes when he's on the the pitch.

if we believe in coincidences, then Barcelona would be champions :

- Final in Wembley : like 92, 2011
- The coincidence in Ronaldinho_23 post
- Last 3 years, the team who buy Valencia's key player, wins it .. (Villa, Mata)
- what else ?

I dont believe in coincidences , football is played for 90 min no one ask you during match any of those stuff ;)

Can't wait for the semi's!

In my opinion, these 4 teams are definitely the best and the 4 many of us considered as true contenders early in the season.

It'll be interesting to see if Real can get revenge from Dortmund. I think BvB will play MUCH better than they did against Malaga and prove a tough test. But like Bebo said, it's always very important where the 2nd leg game is. And if it's in Madrid..... you never know....

Keep in mind, Gotze struggled badly in both legs against Malaga missing 4-5 golden opportunities. Lewandowski scored a beautiful goal and yet over the 2 legs, he was for the most part outplayed by Demichelis and Caballero and just generally had off days. Reus wasn't at this best either. Dortmund were missing Hummels and Santana is nowhere near as classy and a little bit more rash.

My points is Dortmund hardly performed at their best against Malaga but as they've shown us already, they are well capable of outplaying and dominating even the best of teams and the best of players in games against REal Madrid, Man City and Shakhtar.

I expect them to beat Real in Dortmund but they need to do so convincingly so when they travel to Madrid for second leg, they have a chance.

Anyway the beauty of these semi's is that all 4 teams really can win it all! It's not often you say that even at semi-final stage. That has me very excited. Plus htere is the added potential of an All Spanish or All German final where old domestic rivals meet again to be champions of Europe, it's gonna be a classic! I just hope the best teams win and the referees are less of a talking point in the semi's than they were at the quarter final stage.

exactly what I think , all tho Real its more strong now than what it was n start and dortmund its playing a bit more poor (special in both matchs vs Malaga) but then when they now they have to face a real Madrid I think they will give more than what they did vs Malaga !

I wait Gotze to get back in his form , Hummels to back from injury and start match (as you said Santana is far away from being starter on BVB he's not quality enough)

I think if Dortmund win first match than they will make it to final , coz they dont need to open that much as they sually do in 2nd match , coz Real is very dangerous on counter attacks , I wait them to play counter atacks in both matchs

Bayern vs Barca , I hope and think Bayern gonna make it and win this CL , they have a really strong team . cant wait for this CL really , never thought can be as interesting as its going to be . Maybe coz im loving BVB i feel so exited :SMUG: (it bean ages i haven't been so exited for CL since Livepool was on it :EMB:)

I think Bayern are clear favorites today. Barcelona has been too vulnerable all season against big teams, I will be happy if we loose for only one goal. And that's if Messi is really fit to play, because if he isn't it will be a disaster...

According to the oddsmakers, they are indeed slight favorites. That probably has to do with the advantage of playing 2nd leg at home.

But if you have seen the last 3 months of competition, Bayern is obviously favorite. And I was speaking for today's match... Today Bayern are favorites. Undoubtedly.

yeah... every match is a different story of course, and i haven't seen much of bayern this year..... but boy, they were just sensational against juventus. simply mind blowing! if they can keep that same tempo against barça, the blaugrana might be in real trouble.
are there any disqualified players on the 2 sides?

Bayern Munich injuries and suspensions: Mario Mandzukic, Holger Badstuber, Toni Kroos

Barcelona injuries and suspensions: Adriano, Javier Mascherano, Carles Puyol

Good luck, guys, show such football tonight, what Europe will not forget, I hope this will be a great match, great atmosphere. Go Bayern. :BEER:

2 CLEAR penaltys , special 2nd one that re behind goal clearly saw him , what is the sens of having those idiots behind goal anyway , here we go again well done uefa

Haha @ Gomez's yellow. A yellow card for that? Have the refs been given special instructions to protect Messi to ensure he's around for the final?

Also agree with bebo about Gomez' charge.
The first hands was a clear penalty for me, the second was from very close. I wouldn't haven given it.
2-0 now.

Back
Top Bottom