Celtic Thread

Cloud1863 said:
Im far from sad to see him leave the game, he was an animal and a scum dog. One of the worst players in a non football sense that Ive seen in my life, his tackle on Haaland just about summed up the guys attitude.

yawn...

the guy is a legend end of,

im glad that he got to play for his "team" before he retired.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
yawn...

the guy is a legend end of,

im glad that he got to play for his "team" before he retired.

Im not saying he wasnt a great player, he was. But come on he brought a lot of dark moments in football. Everyone that is a Man U and Celtic fan would find it easy to hide the bad sides of this player, the grief the guy has caused is endless.

Cloud1863 said:
Im not saying he wasnt a great player, he was. But come on he brought a lot of dark moments in football. Everyone that is a Man U and Celtic fan would find it easy to hide the bad sides of this player, the grief the guy has caused is endless.

yeah but thats what adds to the legend..

and like Tony he never fucked over anyone who didnt already have it coming to them lol

Celtic not gonna sign Fortune. We were only prepared to offer him a short deal due to worries over his knee and as a result he's decided not to move his family up North, etc when it might not work out.

Getting a little anxious over the midfield tbh. Keane gone, Petrov surely going and Lennon can't cut it anymore, that is if he's even staying.

Need a LB, CB and a couple of midfielders with some dig.

Vann, Keane is one of the reasons why i stopped being a Man Utd fan after thirty years...i think he is a disgrace...this may seem very old fashioned (well i'm "old") but to me a star football player should be a role model..Keane never was.
One of my biggest satisfactions about the CL in 1999 was that Utd they won that final without Keane (although they beat Juventus because Keane played wonderful against them...i'm well aware of that).

He was a fantastic player but his bad attitude always obscured his good side...good riddance.

gerd said:
Vann, Keane is one of the reasons why i stopped being a Man Utd fan after thirty years...i think he is a disgrace...this may seem very old fashioned (well i'm "old") but to me a star football player should be a role model..Keane never was.
One of my biggest satisfactions about the CL in 1999 was that Utd they won that final without Keane (although they beat Juventus because Keane played wonderful against them...i'm well aware of that).

He was a fantastic player but his bad attitude always obscured his good side...good riddance.

lo yeah your just old fashioned.

Classic, you havent missed out on fortune, he's a decent player but his injury record is a joke.

Great player and a great man. Friend of a friend told me that he regularly goes to Christie hospital in Manchester with an open cheque book and asks 'Is there anything you need?'

West Bromwich Albion appear to have won the race to sign Celtic's 31-year-old striker John Hartson.

BBC Sport understands that Hartson has agreed personal terms with the English Championship club and will join up with them by the end of the month.

The clubs agreed a £500,000 fee several weeks ago, but Hartson had wanted to stay and fight for his place at Celtic.

However, West Brom have now offered improved personal terms and Hartson has decided to accept.

He had raised the possibility of moving back to England at the end of the season to be close to his children in Wales following the break-up of his marriage.

Hartson, who joined Celtic for £6m from Coventry City in 2001, had been linked with Premiership outfits Newcastle United and Portsmouth.

But the striker who scored 20 goals this season as the Glasgow club won back the Scottish title now seems destined for the Championship with relegated West Brom.

Celtic linked with a move for Hidetoshi Nakata he is being linked with a £1.5m move to the Scottish champions.

Celtic Football Club are set to raid Stamford Bridge ahead of the new season, The Blues forward is available for transfer after failing to gain a place in the starting eleven with the Premiership champions, and an offer of £2million should be enough to secure his services

Not heard anything about Nakata but apparently him and Nakamura don't get on, so can't see that one happening. Carlton Cole, not seen enough of him to make a judgement but £2m seems too much for him IMO.

Meant to have signed a defender/sweeper from Feyenoord, Evander Sno, never heard of him.

ClassicD said:
Carlton Cole, not seen enough of him to make a judgement but £2m seems too much for him IMO.

£2M is good for Cole when you consider you paid £6M for Hartson.
Hell...£2m for Jimmy Krankie would be good value against Hartson's price:lol:

Yeah when you look at Hartson now, but he scored plenty of goals over a long period here and was overall a good signing. Carlton Cole hasn't done anything to justify that price tag, other than play in a country which has the most inflated prices in world football (Andy Johnson is worth £1.5m more than Rosicky).

Regardless, not heard anything about it since.

ClassicD said:
Heard a story that Jiri Jarosik is going to sign very soon, would be pretty happy with that if true.

Would be a very good signing if true, though we will wait and see what happens. ;)

ClassicD said:
Confirmed, 3 year deal with the option of a 4th, great signing!

Good signing, a little surprised mind you though 6 games in the CL can entice the odd decent signing.

ClassicD said:
Heard a story that Jiri Jarosik is going to sign very soon, would be pretty happy with that if true.

A great player, fair play. :)

Signed Evander Sno from Feyenoord, only 19 and supposedly £250k. Have to say I know sod all about him other than he's giant.

ClassicD said:
Nonsense, he was a stick out nearly every time he played! Sad to see him go.

Sorry mate, have to disagree. I think he was a total waste of money. He did play well at Ibrox, but for over £1m for 12 games, was bad value. I agree with Cloud, he couldn't be arsed with Scottish Football.

Good signing for Jarosik, should do a job. Sno, I haven't heard good things about him, but we'll see.

FD

Doubt he'll be going for £3.5m though, Celtic have refused Petrov permission to speak with Portsmouth, presumably because they've refused the bid.

That bid's been rejected. Tbh I think he'll leave for around £4.5m or thereabouts.

Personally I would hope for around £7m as he is an excellent player who has probably his best years ahead of him.

I want rid of him now anyway, he was rather poor by his standards last year. If he doesn't want to be here then he can shift his arse out of Parkhead, although only when Celtic get a realistic amount for him.

FD

I honestly did think he would go for around £7.5M, though £4.5M is better It still would be a bargain.

Its only a friendly, wouldn't take anything from it. ;)

Marshall

Telfer Mcmanus Caldwell Wilson

Petrov Lennon Jarosik Maloney

Beattie Miller

I think next year you are going to seriously struggle if you don't sign any decent players. Especially for the fact that Petrov is going and Lennon is utter shoite. I've never really rated him, but I do know what he was bought for and now he can't even do that.

Highlights
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6470962940471874644&hl=en

Marshell was totally shocking in this game also, I remember the cries of Marshell being a great keeper after he had his lucky day against Barca.

Last edited:
Marshall doesn't seem like he's able to organise his defense. He has got talent, he wasn't 'lucky' against Barcelona because he repeated the trick days later when we came to Ibrox and won. But he does seem to have lost his way a bit.

We'll be fine in Scotland in terms of competing (I'm not exactly shaking in my boots at the guys Rangers have signed, what happened to £10m to spend?), but I agree we will get absolutely pumped in the CL this year unless we get some quality players in.

Doubt we will, look at Hasselbaink and now we're to re-sign Varga. :roll:

And yes it is only a friendly, DC are 18 games into their season and 17 points clear at the top! ;)

Well my first line was tongue in cheek. I do agree that you will be better in the SPL, but I have not been convinced by any player you have signed one bit. I wouldn't say we have signed anyone that has got a household name but we will see over the season if the players will cut it. I do however think that we have a manager that will do wonders for us with what he has. You had it years ago with O'Neil, average players with Larsson and look what he done t your side. Half that side is still about and these players that were once your backbone are utter shit under Stressen.

Back
Top Bottom