Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

I felt as if something was missing in my life when I went to bed last night without our usual session, usually i dream about COD (no word of a lie), this time i was surfing rubbish

I felt as if something was missing in my life when I went to bed last night without our usual session, usually i dream about COD (no word of a lie), this time i was surfing rubbish

I am totally with you - as bonkers as it sounds, when I lay down at night, all I can see is people running at me and the tinkle of grenade on concrete!!!

Glad I'm not the only one :)

COD4 tonight - no excuses!

The servers have been excellent tonight!

WOW... played the first level on the ship!! Talk about amazing eye candy!!! Rolling waves, pouring rain, water effects, smoke, lighting, surround sound... this has to be one of the most amazing intro levels i have ever seen!!! Shellshockingly magnificent!

I still haven't gotten around to completing it. The constant spawning of enemies pisses me off and makes the game a bit of a chore. I'm sure I'll finish it soon enough though.

Only finished the first level? Wow you have at least 3 more hours of gaming ahead of you to the end! ;)

LOL... actually i dont mind short games now that i have less time to play. Even Zelda Phantom Hourglass seems long as i only spend about 10 minutes a day on it!!!!

Hope COD4 keeps up the pace... very intense!!!

A new job advertisement could offer a hint at the setting for the next instalment in the Call of Duty series.

Developer Treyarch is looking for a level builder to work on its "industry leading first-person shooter action war franchise". The ad states, "If you're a fan of World War II shooters, then even better," leading to speculation COD5 will mark a return to the series' roots.

Further details of the game are yet to emerge, but at least we know it's in the pipeline. COD5 was referred to in a fact sheet about the formation of Activision Blizzard just a week ago. The fact sheet also mentioned new Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero titles, which are unlikely to be set in World War II. Stranger things, mind.

-------------------------------

Why go back to WWII?! Surely the reason they've done a modern setting in COD4 is because they realise people are sick of WWII shooters? Talk about milking ...

Apparantly Treyarch are working on this one (responsible for COD3: Big Red One) and not Infinity Ward who worked on COD4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough with the WWII games! Everyone is fed up with them.

Activision shares CoD between IW and Treyarch.

CoD2 - IW
CoD3 - T
CoD Big Red One - T
CoD4 - IW

Etc...

Reading that news makes me very disappointed!

The reason why COD4 was so successful is because it is set in modern day. No offense to you guys who liked the WWII theme, but to me, playing these current event types of games interest me a lot more, especially with the weapons out there now, people want to experience that...

Like I said, why escape a winning formula completely?

Whatever, more money in my pocket.

they shouls try vietnam era or maybe a cold war battle with nato vs russia..

COD Vietnam, now your talking!

Battlefield Vietnam was ok, but if they build on COD4 that'd be ace I reckon. Trip wire, traps, jungle setting, napalm airstrikes... Mmmmmm....

Anything (or anything apart from WW2 and) than COD Sci-Fi...

COD Vietnam, now your talking!

Battlefield Vietnam was ok, but if they build on COD4 that'd be ace I reckon. Trip wire, traps, jungle setting, napalm airstrikes... Mmmmmm....

Anything (or anything apart from WW2 and) than COD Sci-Fi...

mmmm stop you are getting me excited now :D

Couldn't sleep tonight so I finally got round to completing the solo campaign. Really good last few levels too - I LOVED the ending, it was very well done and thought out. I also let the credits roll for the suprise (don't worry I won't post any spoilers :)). Definately one of the best shooters I have played although I do prefer multiplayer (I have had some of the best fun in my gaming experience playing Evo-Web team death matches with Jay, Coopz and co.).

A cracking game, yes it's too short but the multiplayer makes up for it. If you own an Xbox 360 and you haven't got this game, go out and buy it ASAP - it's brilliant. :)

Guy please help why I can't play the game online.?

I played the game online before but now I can't play online

I really bored trying to play online but nothing happend

does anyone have the same problem that I have.?

this is an amazing game I can't believe ! I did not even touch the PES2008 and Warhawk after I bought Cod4 . Online mode is really great.
I have a question Which assault rifle is the best ?
I personally use M4 with red dot and in team games M60 light machine gun with grip
Some say M16 is better than m4 I dont have G36 or P90 yet
What you think ???

Back
Top Bottom