Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão 2011

The league is well, Vasco and Corinthians with great Hopes title
Corinthians take teams down the table, the teams get the vasco the middle of the table and still have 3 classics to the championship .. Corinthians is with great chances to become champion

ImageShack.us

Sorry for my English, I'm using google translator: S

Last edited:

brasileirao_petrobras.png

Fixture 29
São Paulo 0-0 Internacional
Grêmio 1-3 Figueirense
Avaí 2-2 Atlético Goianiense
América MG 4-1 Ceará
Corinthians 0-2 Botafogo
Flamengo 1-1 Palmeiras
Bahia 0-0 Cruzeiro
Fluminense 3-1 Coritiba
Atlético Mineiro 2-1 Santos
Atlético Paranaense 2-2 Vasco

Fixture 30
Figueirense 2-1 América MG
Ceará 0-1 Flamengo
Palmeiras 1-2 Fluminense
Santos 0-1 Grêmio
Botafogo 2-0 Atlético Paranaense
Internacional 4-2 Avaí
Cruzeiro 0-1 Corinthians
Vasco 2-0 Atlético Mineiro
Coritiba 0-0 Bahia
Atlético Goianiense 3-0 São Paulo

Fixture 31
Palmeiras 1-2 Figueirense
Fluminense 0-2 Atlético Mineiro
Avaí 3-2 Botafogo
América MG 2-2 Grêmio
São Paulo 0-0 Coritiba
Internacional 1-1 Corinthians
Atlético Paranaense 1-0 Ceará
Bahia 0-2 Vasco
Flamengo 1-1 Santos
Cruzeiro 3-2 Atlético Goianiense

Fixture 32
Santos 4-1 Atlético Paranaense
Botafogo 1-0 Cruzeiro
Ceará 1-2 Fluminense
Corinthians 2-1 Avaí
Vasco 0-0 São Paulo
Grêmio 4-2 Flamengo
Figueirense 2-1 Bahia
Atlético Mineiro 2-1 Palmeiras
Coritiba 3-1 América MG
Atlético Goianiense 0-1 Internacional

Fixture 33
Botafogo 0-1 Figueirense
Atlético Mineiro 2-0 Grêmio
Bahia 4-3 São Paulo
Santos 2-0 Vasco
Flamengo 5-1 Cruzeiro
Avaí 1-2 Ceará
América MG 2-1 Corinthians
Palmeiras 0-2 Coritiba
Internacional 1-2 Fluminense
Atlético Paranaense 2-1 Atlético Goianiense

Fixture 34
São Paulo 2-0 Avaí
Fluminense 1-2 América MG
Figueirense 2-1 Atlético Mineiro
Corinthians 2-1 Atlético Paranaense
Ceará 2-3 Santos
Coritiba 2-0 Flamengo
Grêmio 2-2 Palmeiras
Vasco 2-0 Botafogo
Cruzeiro 1-0 Internacional
Atlético Goianiense 0-1 Bahia

Fixture 35
Fluminense 5-4 Grêmio
Internacional 1-0 Bahia
Atlético Paranaense 1-0 São Paulo
América MG 2-1 Botafogo
Palmeiras 1-1 Vasco
Avaí 0-0 Cruzeiro
Ceará 0-1 Corinthians
Santos 1-1 Atlético Goianiense
Flamengo 0-0 Figueirense
Atlético Mineiro 2-1 Coritiba

Fixture 36
São Paulo 3-1 América MG
Vasco 2-0 Avaí
Grêmio 1-3 Ceará
Corinthians 2-1 Atlético Mineiro
Botafogo 1-2 Internacional
Cruzeiro 1-1 Atlético Paranaense
Atlético Goianiense 0-0 Flamengo
Figueirense 0-4 Fluminense
Coritiba 1-0 Santos
Bahia 0-2 Palmeiras

Standings
br11.jpg

TSO choice
Adriano scores his first goal with Corinthians and gives Timão an important victory over Atlético Mineiro

corinthians_65x65.png
2 X 1
Atl_mg_65x65.png

YouTube - Corinthians 2 x 1 Atlético-MG, gols pela 36ª rodada do Campeonato Brasileiro de Futebol 2011

Last edited:

Fixture 37
Palmeiras 1-0 São Paulo
Santos 1-1 Bahia
Flamengo 1-0 Internacional
Fluminense 1-2 Vasco
Grêmio 2-2 Atlético Goianiense
Atlético Mineiro 4-0 Botafogo
Figueirense 0-1 Corinthians
Coritiba 1-0 Avaí
América MG 2-1 Atlético Paranaense
Ceará 2-2 Cruzeiro

Standings
br11l.jpg

TSO choice
Bernardo scores a late goal and secures Vasco in the title race with 1 fixture remaining

fluminense_65x65.png
1 X 2
vasco_65x65.png

YouTube - FLUMINENSE 1 x 2 VASCO - OS GOLS DO JOGO - BRASILEIRÃO 2011 - 27/11/2011

Last edited:
Re: Brasileirão 2011 - Final day! | Goodbye Sócrates (1954-2011)

A truly legend left us. Sócrates has died at the age of 57.

sambarbudo-socrates.jpg

Obrigado, Doutor!

R.I.P. :(
He truely was a legend.

One of the greats! Dr. Socrates!

RIP

SC CORINTHIANS CHAMPION :BSCARF::BSCARF::BSCARF:

DR SÓCRATES, ESSE TÍTULO É PRA VOCÊ, OBRIGADO POR JOGAR E SER CORINTHIANO
DR. SÓCRATES, ALL THIS AWARD IS FOR YOU, THANK YOU FOR PLAY AND BE "CORINTHIANO"
sambarbudo-socrates.jpg

Re: Brasileirão 2011 - CORINTHIANS É CAMPEÃO! | Goodbye Sócrates (1954-2011)

Fixture 38
Corinthians 0-0 Palmeiras
São Paulo 4-1 Santos
Internacional 1-0 Grémio
Cruzeiro 6-1 Atlético Mineiro
Atlético GO 5-1 América MG
Atlético PR 1-0 Coritiba
Bahia 2-1 Ceará
Avaí 1-1 Figueirense
Botafogo 1-1 Fluminense
Vasco da Gama 1-1 Flamengo

Standings
br11a.jpg

TSO choice
Corinthians wins his fifth Brasileirão title

corinthians_65x65.png
0 X 0
palmeiras_65x65.png

YouTube - Campeão! Corinthians X Palmeiras - Brasileirão 2011

Last edited:
Re: Brasileirão 2011 - CORINTHIANS É CAMPEÃO! | Goodbye Sócrates (1954-2011)

Wow look at where Cruzeiro is!

Is Juninho Pernambucano playing in Vasco? Good to see them put in a title challenge for years!

Re: Brasileirão 2012 | States Championships

that youngster named oscar has impressed me quite a lot in the recent games with Brazil. he has a real good vision and a brilliant ball control, always plays cool and collected with no nonsense tricks/passes and is very creative and pacey enough as well. europe's big teams in need of a creative midfielder should have an eye on this hot prospect imo. well, just sayin.. they probably have already been tracking the guy, though.

Re: Brasileirão 2012

those were the days, man... but in all honesty, I'd expected a little more from oscar.

so, congrats for the title! wish I can watch some brasileirao action but here at the other side of the atlantic it's too late. sleep is always a better choice for me. :)

so, give us some new names bro. who seems to be the next big thing from brazil after neymar?

Maybe Mayke :P No pun, he's a promising right back, someone believe he's next Maicon (they debuted with Cruzeiro).
There is also Doria (he's a CB) but IMO it's too early to consider him a next big thing, so my choice is Mayke.
Neymar's heir seems to be Neílton, but he's too far to be compared to Neymar.

On the other hand, 2012 champions Fluminense are in relegation zone and they need a miracle (only 1 match to be played), Ponte Preta were relegated some days ago but they are in final of Copa Sudamericana 2013. Brasileirão is a crazy championship.

Last edited:

cheers baxter. and indeed mayke's style reminds maicon's at the first glance. watched some videos of doria too and he's looking fantastic for his age. would be great to see him at milan or barcelona.

those were the days, man... but in all honesty, I'd expected a little more from oscar.

so, congrats for the title! wish I can watch some brasileirao action but here at the other side of the atlantic it's too late. sleep is always a better choice for me. :)

so, give us some new names bro. who seems to be the next big thing from brazil after neymar?

Those were kinda of the days :P Cruzeiro was fighting for relegation, so let's say I'm way happier now.

As for prospects, oooh that's a tough question, the league was ruled by veterans this year. Not saying it was a bad year, I did saw some awesome awesome games, with incredible pace specially from Cruzeiro.
The world cup stadiums have smaller pitches, and teams were running like crazy. It felt a little different from previous years and Cruzeiro team was one step ahead, playing with a very mobile midfield.

I agree with Baxter on Mayke, he was great, although I understand why the coach played veteran Ceará more. Ceará was just a more safe player on defense, the right side of our system was phenomenal with Ceará and Dedé, barely any goals came from that side.

And the guy that won the best player award, Everton Ribeiro, who is being speculated on Man Utd and Liverpool is a nice prospect, but I could totally see him failing on europe, he has brilliant control of the ball, something Iniesta like, but he is often careless and lazy with finishing the play, not that he is a bad passer and finisher, he is just often careless. Fixing that issue he would be great though, it is fixable cause the talent is there.

But the league is full of good semi veterans that could succeed in any league. Guys that are hitting mid 20s and never had a real european chance.

Id say Lucas Silva should also be mentioned when talking about this years prospects, evan above Maike. He did wonderfully well playing the CDM role for Cruzeiro this year, great defending, good pass and also a very sweet right foot shot.

About Everton Ribeiro i totally agree, he loads talent but lacks mentallity imo, makes lots of bad decisions during matches although from time to time those bad decisions reward him wonder goals.

All in all like Sauce said Cruzeiro was one step ahead of everybody in this years League, our manager Marcelo Oliveira did something a bit different from what teams do here in Brazil and actually went on away matches trying to win attacking, 99% of the teams go to counter-attack/defensive tactics almost by default when playing away from home, wich imo is a big indicator why our league is in the end is aways so close points wise since most teams have the win home, draw away mentallity.

In the end it was great to scream CHAMPIONS after 10 years, i attended to all our home matches this season, the new Mineirao(WC Stadium) has its downfalls but in general its great and the atmosphere imo is better than in the old stadium.

mosaico01122013.jpg

Last edited:

Yes Lucas Silva is one of my top players of the year, a midfilder that do what he does is something Brazil is missing. Playing deep on the field, defending the position with quality passing when the team recovers the ball. I could not believe my eyes at times.

I really liked Nilton and Souza as well, both provided the necessary toughness for Lucas to shine. I hope we keep Souza if he accept the backup role for Nilton.

I went to a couple of matches as well, there were some classic games, like the Cruzeiro x Botafogo, both teams pressuring the ball, both teams running, it was fantastic.

And my friends saying Cruzeiro was overachieving, they just dont realize technique is not that important when you have a team that moves as much as we do. Ricardo Goulart might be a 'bad' dribbler with 'bad' touch, but he is energetic and that's something these casuals fans will never appreciate.

Yeh, plus Goulart has great decision making mentallity and specially antecipation, wich actually completed what E.Ribeiro misses.

Cruzeiro also had the upperhand on having a full squad not just a 11 player teams, the depgh of the current squad was very high specially for brazilian standards, to have guys like Julio Baptista, Souza or Dagoberto/Willian waiting for oportunities to play was very helpfull not only to have them fit when other players were missing but also in the aspect that it pushed the others to play at their best every single match.

And yeh, Nilton(NILTAO) was huge!

Back
Top Bottom