Boxing Talk!!

Mack said:
Woods did well again to keep his title at the weekend although i thought Johnson had the decsion.

To be honest I thought it was pretty even up until the 10th, but then the 11th and 12th Johnson just seemed to want to hold on, I thought Clinton should win it because of those two rounds, that said Clinton took a lot of hard shots, not good for him that :(

Not been updated for a while. Anyways.

Mayweather won again, not the greatest of fights. Seems he maybe setting himself up for one last fight against De La Hoya and then he'll call it a day.

Scott Harrison has been stripped of his title after not getting release from the Spanish Jail he's in, not someone I particularly liked as he seemed a bit of an arse, but was a tough boxer.

Not sure if anyone saw the Briggs fight, I caught the knockout punch. Was really like one of them Rocky movies, guy was knocked out with one second to go. :mrgreen: Briggs KO'd the champion Liakohvich (sp?) in the last seconds after he was losing big on points. Guy went flying through the ropes onto the table. I see that they are moaning and saying he should've got 20 seconds which is supposedly allowed for fighters who leave the ring, but having watched the KO I'm sure it was the correct call from the ref.

FD

Anyone watching this weekends fights? Hopefully it will be a good win for Ricky unlike his last fight though that was due to the fact he was up a weight. I cant believe Ive not been here for 7 months!!!!

Bernard Hopkins coming out of retirement to fight Winky Wright, hopefully will make for a good one. Last time I saw Winky Wright, he was beating the hell out of Trinidad.

The other night saw Calzaghe beat former Contender boxer Peter Manfredo. Thought it was a joke with the ref stopping it when he did, however Manfredo was mince. They're talkinga bout Kessler, which will make a little more interesting watch and hopefully Jermain Taylor.

Khan won again, however really needs to get a rise in quality opposition now.

Couple of weeks back I watched Barrera and Marquez fight in a stormer. Marquez got the win, however Barrera did well, however he's been in far too many wars now (just like Morales). Thought it was bad refereeing when he clearly knocked down Marquez, but the ref didn't count it and actually deducted a point from Barrera after he followed up with a further punch when the fighter was down on his hands and knees.

FD

I saw the fight Calzaghe vs. Manfredo the ref stop the fight cause he saw an opportunity to end it . The crowd was booing during the American anthem you`ll never see that on USA soil.It`s a setup for money he`s a good fighter ,but not top fighter like the kid from Manchester he`s beloved at Vegas (Hell they name a street after him Harris Ave.)

Harris Avenue? Who is Harris? I can only presume your talking about Ricky Hatton.

I do agree, unfortunately English fans in boxing are one of the worst around for stuff like this.

FD

Harris Avenue? Who is Harris? I can only presume your talking about Ricky Hatton.

FD

Yes, that the bloke...the whole crowd was chanting for him in the end. We in the US are easily win over when fully deserved it`s the peoples way it`s not where your from , but where your at.

I attended the Calzaghe fight in Cardiff and it was a memorable experience. Khan was good and is lightning quick but it will be interesting to see how good he really is when he comes up against some better opposition. Bull brought a decent support with him and Khan was taking pelters from where I seated as I was right in among Bulls family and friends.

As for Calzaghe I agree it was stopped too soon but that Manfredo was a joke of an opponent and was not it Joe's league.

Yeah I agree.

Also saw that the big Valuev dude got beat by a nobody from Uzbekistan on points. That was set to be the likes of Sprott or Skelton next opponent.

FD

Although Mayweather did the cleaner crisper work, i thought Oscar was the more aggressive of the two.It was a very close fight , the decision could have gone either way. In my opinion it's up to the challenger to do enough to take the belt from the champion, i'm not sure that PBF did that.

Yep, although I missed the first few rounds, from what I saw Mayweather may have just shaded it, but it was mightly close.

Not sure if any of you are aware, but Diego Coralles died yesterday in a bike crash, only 29. Sad loss for boxing, however will be forever remembered for the fantastic Castillo fights.

FD

Your joking Coralles has died that fight with castillo was a true classic a great shame for boxing. I felt sorry for Oscar i thought hed got it wrapped up unitl the 8th and he just ran out of steam, still could of gone either way but imo the right decision was made and you dont say that often after a fight in Vegas!

Anther great victory for Hatton last night comeing from a 1 half ton body shot :)

what do the you Americans think of the atmosphere when Hatton fights?

i have never heard anything like it in boxing but i dont watch much of it ;)

great win for "the fat man" lol..

he owned the dude (who was no mug by the way)...

the press have been talking bout a $30mill fight between hatton v mayweather...

now that would be something!!

Anther great victory for Hatton last night comeing from a 1 half ton body shot :)

what do the you Americans think of the atmosphere when Hatton fights?

i have never heard anything like it in boxing but i dont watch much of it ;)

never heard of him... boxing has become less and less popular here in the states, unless its a big name guy

yeah Castillo is class, can't believe hatton stopped a mexican with a body shot! that just takes the piss!

would love to see hatton vs mayweather, think hatton would be too much for him, you can't run from hatton and everyone of his shots do damage, he punches a lot harder tha de la hoya.

the only person i want hatton to stay away from is Miguel Cotto.
if the two of them fought my money might just be on Cotto.

nice to see Calzaghe vs Kessler has been sorted, it should be good, not sure who i'd pick in that fight.

hopefully Maccarinelli will be on the undercard and we'll get to see how he's progressing, i'd love to see him turn heavyweight over the next couple of years especially considering the state of the current heavyweight decision.

looking forward to the Kahn fight tonight, he'll walk it tonight but the guy is way over rated

that Kahn vs Limond fight was really enjoyable, nice to see Kahn get knocked on his arse, fair play to him geting up and coming through in the end though. Limond was pulled out by his corner at the end of the 8th due to a broken nose and jaw, ouch!

just shows though that if limond, who isn't a big puncher, can knock over Kahn then imagine what a top class puncher could do.

well done to kahn, must improve though, he's got youth on his side.

as for the Sprott vs Skelton fight! ha, absolute shit, less said the better

Jones Jr. beat Hanshaw

Talk of a Trinidad vs Jones Jr?

Hatton vs. Mayweather would be interesting. I'd rather see Sugar Shane vs. Mayweather though.

Last edited:
Gatti beat again, thankfully he has seemingly retired.

Limond did well against Khan, but as mentioned not a big puncher and couldn't finish the job off.

FD

anyone watch the maccarinelli braithwaite fight last night? good fight and an impressive dislplay from maccarinelli even though it went to points, that braithwaite took some punishment but still looked dangerous to an extent.
the future is very bright for maccarinelli

Papers yaterday reporting a deal has been agreed for Hatton Vs mayweather. A step to far for Hatton me thinks...

Back
Top Bottom