Best hockey game ever?

I’m still working on the recomp. Our AI overlords will probably take me first at The Reckoning based on how hard I’m working it, but hopefully we get at least a few years of playing NHL Legacy at the highest settings before this.
 
Although I still think NHL 94 is the most fun hockey game, I've been on a bit of a N64 kick as of late playing a lot of the ISS games but I'm also having fun with NHL 99 N64. Anyone played this? I've got the camera set up like NHL94 and it plays kinda similar to the classic 16 bit versions I think.
 
Has anybody tried NHL 27?

I'm went trough numerous of reviews. The thing all they can agree on is that presentation and graphic is horrible. Okay, I can live with that.

But reviews are very different speaking about gameplay. Some says its exactly the same is it was before, some says that gameplay is improved compared to the previous years, it's a bit slower, more realistic. Any troughs from you guys?
 
@Martan and @crustcyb, if you'd like to try the modifications I made to the recomp, temporarily move your other exe and dlls to a safe place, then extract all these files (including the mask subfolder) to your recomp game directory, and launch nhllegacy.exe. It is looking for your game assets in the "game" subdirectory of where you are launching the exe. You can modify the location it looks the game exe and creates saved userdata for by modifying text fields in the launcher.toml. You can also modify the resolution here. You should see a remarkable improvement in performance. I'm curious if this works and you're seeing performance improvements.
 
Back
Top Bottom