Best FIFA 16 gameplay simulation settings are here. Best football game ever!

has anyone tried using gameplayzer for the fifa 16 classic patch? it doesn't seem to work

I haven't gotten it to work with the Moddingway patch either. It goes through all the motions and seems to work, but when I go to the game I don't see any attributes changed.

I haven't gotten it to work with the Moddingway patch either. It goes through all the motions and seems to work, but when I go to the game I don't see any attributes changed.

im glad I’m not the only one. Like urs, mine goes through everything but the ratings don’t change so I don’t know what’s going on with it. I really hope someone figures out a way to combine the two. The game just isn’t as enjoyable without the gameplayzed db :(
Fingers crossed.

I use it with ModdingWay patch all the time.

It definitely works with it.

You're not doing something right.

For the classic patch, have you tried gameplayzing it? Definitely doesn’t work for me but works if I have a fresh install of fifa 16 with moddingway

I got classic to work with gameplayzer not really sure how. Anyone know how to extract the cmsettings.ini file? (To add the lines about fatigue)

Hi. I bought the game today after reading so many recommendations about this game and how it gets better with this settings. The problem is that I can't make them work.

I put Origin offline and changed the original exe file with the 1.01 version but when I select play the game doesn't load. Moreover I can't find the \FIFA 16\data\db nor the cl.ini and cmsettings.ini files. Maybe I'm doing incorrectly the installation?

Also, does anyone have the 1.00 exe file?

If I open my FIFA 16\data\db\fifa_ng_db.db the stats all look adjusted (I'm seeing staminas less than 5 and overall ratings way lower than you would normally see), but when I open the game the edits are untouched :THINK:

I would just say to go to the Edit Squads screen in-game and select "Reset squads," then you will be able to see the db changes.

I put it here. Is that correct?

1. Go to your \FIFA 16\data\db folder and copy fifa_ng_db.db file to your gameplayzer folder.
2. Open Gameplayzer.exe
3. Open matrix file
4. Open fifa_ng_db.db file
5. Save it with different filename like 1_fifa_ng_db.db (the program starts "gameplayzing" it. Wait for a few minutes.
6. Copy that gameplayzed db file to your \FIFA 16\data\db and overwrite the old fifa_ng_db.db (i.e rename it accordingly)
7. Copy-paste the text of the cl.ini (from the end of this post) and replace it with the original cl.ini file and overwrite. Do the same with cmsettings.ini.
8. Go to the Edit Squads screen in-game and select "Reset squads," then you will be able to see the db changes
9. Enjoy

Played the Classic Patch for the first time tonight.
FIFA 16 is a much more enjoyable game than FIFA 21.
It is just nice to have actual football things in the game, player positioning, midfielders defending, mislaid passes and most important, you can block tackle and intercept the ball and tackling is more biased towards the defenders than attackers.

Don't get me wrong FIFA 21, does have some elements much greater than this too - But it would be incredible to have the responsiveness of FIFA 21 and feel with the FIFA 16 gameplay.
I think in all honesty, FIFA 18 is probably the best one of the franchise when I played that again.

hello and congratulations ... how can I be sure that with gameplayzed I have applied the database well? I did the whole procedure then I went to edit teams and then I did restore roses ... is it correct? when i start the game Origin must be online? offline? or is it the same? do you also need to regenerate? thank you very much bye

I put it here. Is that correct?

1. Go to your \FIFA 16\data\db folder and copy fifa_ng_db.db file to your gameplayzer folder.
2. Open Gameplayzer.exe
3. Open matrix file
4. Open fifa_ng_db.db file
5. Save it with different filename like 1_fifa_ng_db.db (the program starts "gameplayzing" it. Wait for a few minutes.
6. Copy that gameplayzed db file to your \FIFA 16\data\db and overwrite the old fifa_ng_db.db (i.e rename it accordingly)
7. Copy-paste the text of the cl.ini (from the end of this post) and replace it with the original cl.ini file and overwrite. Do the same with cmsettings.ini.
8. Go to the Edit Squads screen in-game and select "Reset squads," then you will be able to see the db changes
9. Enjoy
sorry but do I have to regenerate at the end or is it not necessary? thank you

I’m not sure about others but I’ve always felt the passing on 16 has been a little clunky, just not quite as fluid as I’d like.

I think it’s something to do with the ball physics. @Chris Davies mentioned a while back how the ball feels both too fast and too slow at the time time, which I think is a great way of describing it. My guess is the instant acceleration of the ball off the foot is too fast, but then there’s too much roll friction which slows it down too quickly. I’ve tried lowering pass speed to get more realistic results but last night I actually upped the pass speed and I’ve been so impressed with the change. I’m playing on v1.00 so I can’t speak for other versions but I’m now playing slow game speed, 53 pass speed, 52 shot speed and 40 first touch error and the gameplay has been amazing. I’m finding the general fluidity is improved and I’m able to create much better chances within a game. The ball is also behaving much more realistic in terms deflections and saves as well. The only negative I'm seeing is driven passes look a little odd.

My sample size is currently small but I’d recommend people giving it a try.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about others but I’ve always felt the passing on 16 has been a little clunky, just not quite as fluid as I’d like.

I think it’s something to do with the ball physics. @Chris Davies mentioned a while back how the ball feels both too fast and too slow at the time time, which I think is a great way of describing it. My guess is the instant acceleration of the ball off the foot is too fast, but then there’s too much roll friction which slows it down too quickly. I’ve tried lowering pass speed to get more realistic results but last night I actually upped the pass speed and I’ve been so impressed with the change. I’m playing on v1.00 so I can’t speak for other versions but I’m now playing slow game speed, 53 pass speed, 52 shot speed and 40 first touch error and the gameplay has been amazing. I’m finding the general fluidity is improved and I’m able to create much better chances within a game. The ball is also behaving much more realistic in terms deflections and saves as well. The only negative I'm seeing is driven passes look a little odd.

Will give this a try later, on my day off from work.
I’ll let you know.

hi guys
is there any way to use scoreboards without stadium server?

the gameplay in version 1.0.0 is much better than in 1.0.7, but there are incredible scoreborads made by the community that would give a greater immersion to the game

Any other sliders change you recommend?

Hmm, I feel the same way but 53 pass speed was a bit too fast and I was pinging the ball around a little too well for my liking, especially with the 40 first touch error. I backed it down to 48 and it felt better (before I was using 40-43). I have to lower the CPU pass speed to like 38-40 to prevent some of their tika-taka through the middle of my team.

Speaking of that, I backed my level down to Semi-Pro to get better practice in, as I thought Pro and above were getting too difficult for me and I was losing my enjoyment using the Classic Patch. I'm getting weird matches with the Classic Patch, too. I adjusted some of the individual sprint and acceleration speeds, using the PES 6 World Cup History patch as a reference, and that has helped some. But then sometimes I play as Brazil 1998 vs Austria 1998 with the intention of dominating play, and I can't get the ball off them for long stretches at a time. I really like the idea and look of this patch, but I find the matches less fun and realistic than the ModdingWay one, where I was playing 15-20 min halves on Pro and getting excellent and difficult, hard-fought 0-0s and 1-0s. I'm thinking of tossing the cl.inc for a few matches Classic Patch and seeing if that makes any difference.

One issue I have is this game being difficult to pin down, tactically, for my teams. For instance, my CDMs are flying forward, despite instructions to stay back. Defensively, I am getting carved apart because they just aren't sitting and protecting the backline. I moved my defensive team width all the way down to zero and noticed that helped a bit, but I'd like those Brazil teams, for example, to be rigid down the middle and allow space for the more creative players.

Will give this a try later, on my day off from work.
I’ll let you know.
i was testing those settings last night. what i found: due to my slow manual build up... those passes seemed to be a bit to fast, it doesnt fit tho whole scene. another problem i had were these short passes were i lay the ball off just a meter or 1,5! those became a bit faster an longer.
i can see me setting this up in between my current values and yours. so pass speed around 48ish! 53 was to fast for me, my current 44 seemed a bit slow after the testing. ;)

Here is how passes looks like in my game. I prefer slow passes, it also helps to tune down the use of driven passes of AI.

you are not playing full manual, are you!?

i had to learn to use those driven passes wisely! sometimes, even with a fully loaded power bar, it wasnt enough. the ball went far enough but wasnt fast enough. now, when i want to counter attack or switch sides (low), i use the driven ground pass for that and i like it because i have different ground pass options... and options are always nice to have.

so i rely on the regular ground pass the most of the time and do a fast driven ground pass when its appropriate. at least thats the plan.

i wish the driven high pass was a bit more defined! they tend to go pretty low (if i compare that to the other title)!

i was testing those settings last night. what i found: due to my slow manual build up... those passes seemed to be a bit to fast, it doesnt fit tho whole scene. another problem i had were these short passes were i lay the ball off just a meter or 1,5! those became a bit faster an longer.
i can see me setting this up in between my current values and yours. so pass speed around 48ish! 53 was to fast for me, my current 44 seemed a bit slow after the testing. ;)
Good you've found a middle ground. I can't quite settle on a value just yet either. I really wish we could get into the gameplay files like you can with the frostbite engine. On 20, I was able to really fine tune the speed of the driven pass, the acceleration off the foot for all passing, acceleration when standing still as opposed to moving and hitting the ball. With 16's core gameplay and access to those gameplay files it would be a dream.

Back
Top Bottom