Anth's 23 Mods // Gameplay v6.0 Released

Hmmm maybe I uploaded the wrong file, I'll have to check it..
EDIT - Might be wrong. Went back to your previous gameplay and it felt better and there was less 1v1, more errors and fewer gaps in the defence leading to a one on one situation with the opposing goalkeeper.

Last edited:
I would say PES 5 and FIFA 16 for me personally.
For me it happens something with old PES that is that I feel too much the lack of 360º total control. They were great for their era, but they were far from being as polished as later games simply by the technology in the games.

I can't say I remember too much about PES 2010 to 13's, but for what I remember, they were quite tactical and all about finding the pass between lanes and combinations between your players. And FIFA back in those days was quite like that too. FIFA was a bit more arcady, focusing on much more direct game, but was still nice.

For me, it happens in several genres, that the era of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, was an era of trying to get more realistic, raw games, with more atention to detail, rather than a more artificious, arcade gameplay that is more about just having fun and less about telling a story or delivering a experience at the same time that you have fun.

FIFA nowadays doesn't want you to DWELVE into football. To understand it, to feel the beauty of the game by opening yourself towards the goal with cunning dribbling and precise and logical passes into the area, neither creating your career as a manager. That's from a past era where games wanted you to immerse into them. Nah. Now is all about collecting cars with insane rythm, and a bit of dribbling and shooting, and running past some dumb defenses that are there just to make you feel special, and hey! you're having fun!

Is a shame what they did to the game, seriously. EA decadence since 2012 forward is incredible. Last decent FIFA, was 16/17, and I still have a much more fond memory for 12-14. Also, usually PES was better on uneven years, and FIFA in pair ones. So like... since PES 2009, which was the last one launched for PS2 and XBOX, iirc (maybe 2010 and 11 also, but if so, I didn't play them), FIFA 10/12/14/16/18 were better than PES, while PES 2011/13/15/17 was better, though in case of 2014/15 there's people that think the other way around.

Still, this is between non casual people. Casual market has always been owned by FIFA miles ahead since 11/12 onwards. PES always had difficulties in the generation change, and their first games in newer generations usually had many problems (I remember 09 and 10 not being that good, and same happened with 14/15). Players would be less responsive, the ball physics wouldn't be that great... Typically, for me last game of each generation is the best in PES (maybe with exception of PS2) or at least the one with most polished mechanics (something that not always happens with FIFA though). So for me PES 2013 and 21 are probably the peak of their generation.

Quick update....I've started the process of gameplay modding and I've already had some success with neutralising some of the craziness.

It'll be a long process but I've started to implement more changes to bring the game back down to earth. Some of the new changes in game from EA are actually really nice and much improved compared to 23. I really like how big CB's are much more physically imposing. There's also some new files added this year which could be good! With the little changes I've brought in so far (and still adjusting) it's already playing much better.

@Topaz don't give up hope yet my friend, there's a chance here.

I've made a new thread for it, follow over here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-eafc24-gameplay-mod.95655/

Last edited:
For me it happens something with old PES that is that I feel too much the lack of 360º total control. They were great for their era, but they were far from being as polished as later games simply by the technology in the games.

I can't say I remember too much about PES 2010 to 13's, but for what I remember, they were quite tactical and all about finding the pass between lanes and combinations between your players. And FIFA back in those days was quite like that too. FIFA was a bit more arcady, focusing on much more direct game, but was still nice.

For me, it happens in several genres, that the era of the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, was an era of trying to get more realistic, raw games, with more atention to detail, rather than a more artificious, arcade gameplay that is more about just having fun and less about telling a story or delivering a experience at the same time that you have fun.

FIFA nowadays doesn't want you to DWELVE into football. To understand it, to feel the beauty of the game by opening yourself towards the goal with cunning dribbling and precise and logical passes into the area, neither creating your career as a manager. That's from a past era where games wanted you to immerse into them. Nah. Now is all about collecting cars with insane rythm, and a bit of dribbling and shooting, and running past some dumb defenses that are there just to make you feel special, and hey! you're having fun!

Is a shame what they did to the game, seriously. EA decadence since 2012 forward is incredible. Last decent FIFA, was 16/17, and I still have a much more fond memory for 12-14. Also, usually PES was better on uneven years, and FIFA in pair ones. So like... since PES 2009, which was the last one launched for PS2 and XBOX, iirc (maybe 2010 and 11 also, but if so, I didn't play them), FIFA 10/12/14/16/18 were better than PES, while PES 2011/13/15/17 was better, though in case of 2014/15 there's people that think the other way around.

Still, this is between non casual people. Casual market has always been owned by FIFA miles ahead since 11/12 onwards. PES always had difficulties in the generation change, and their first games in newer generations usually had many problems (I remember 09 and 10 not being that good, and same happened with 14/15). Players would be less responsive, the ball physics wouldn't be that great... Typically, for me last game of each generation is the best in PES (maybe with exception of PS2) or at least the one with most polished mechanics (something that not always happens with FIFA though). So for me PES 2013 and 21 are probably the peak of their generation.
what s the best fifa to play from a fun and realism point of view? is it fifa 16?

Quick update....I've started the process of gameplay modding and I've already had some success with neutralising some of the craziness.

It'll be a long process but I've started to implement more changes to bring the game back down to earth. Some of the new changes in game from EA are actually really nice and much improved compared to 23. I really like how big CB's are much more physically imposing. There's also some new files added this year which could be good! With the little changes I've brought in so far (and still adjusting) it's already playing much better.

@Topaz don't give up hope yet my friend, there's a chance here.

I've made a new thread for it, follow over here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-eafc24-gameplay-mod.95655/
Hi Anth, we know you might be busy with ea 24 modding, but on behalf of some of us still still playing fifa 23, I think a couple of us have issues with your strafe update release where we get vanilla gameplay as well as high scoring matches. Could you please help until at least we could migrate to eat 24?

Hi Anth, we know you might be busy with ea 24 modding, but on behalf of some of us still still playing fifa 23, I think a couple of us have issues with your strafe update release where we get vanilla gameplay as well as high scoring matches. Could you please help until at least we could migrate to eat 24?
Hey man, oh I thought I posted that version with the fixed strafe dribbling?

Finally gotten ropund to testing your latest version. It's wonderful. The pace is excellent and really rids the game of that insane spider legged crap. It brings out these fantastic animations and situations on the pitch. I played 1 match on WC and 1 on legendary, I feel like WC is slightly easier and teh AI doesn't really give you as much threat as Legendary however Legendary has the systematic problem of nerfing your team & players, making them less responsive and making them static so they never spread out or make runs when in possession.

Finally gotten ropund to testing your latest version. It's wonderful. The pace is excellent and really rids the game of that insane spider legged crap. It brings out these fantastic animations and situations on the pitch. I played 1 match on WC and 1 on legendary, I feel like WC is slightly easier and teh AI doesn't really give you as much threat as Legendary however Legendary has the systematic problem of nerfing your team & players, making them less responsive and making them static so they never spread out or make runs when in possession.
Thanks man! I think you meant it for FC24 thread here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-eafc24-gameplay-mod.95655/

Anth very good job, but i notice that is too difficult play home than away. always with different teams but the resualt is the same. Should be the opposite. Does happen only to me? thanks

Anth very good job, but i notice that is too difficult play home than away. always with different teams but the resualt is the same. Should be the opposite. Does happen only to me? thanks
Hmmm no idea about that one sorry. Not something I've touched before.

Emotion engine is more likely to be the culprit, or either InitFS files, or both. Do you use any fairAI mod that changes the InitFS?

Back
Top Bottom