AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread > CAMPIONI D'ITALIA!

A bunch on the team. Boateng was number one last season. Allegri might swap him with Aquilani. Then you got Seedorf,Cassano,and Robinho. Most probably, Ganso will come in January when he finishes the Club World Cup.

Spurs was a tough game. We had a lot of injured midfielders. Usually, Robinho and Cassano are fielded as second strikers.

Won't Aquilani play as a Deep Playmaker? along with Flamini/Gattuso and Boateng.

Pato/Robinho, Ibrahimovic and then one of Cassano or Ganso would make sense.

Robinho has actually been brilliant behind the strikers. His finishing is so awful so it's best he stays away from goal. I think all our forwards are in incredible form so it will be interesting to see how Allegri will rotate them. Cassano has a point to prove to both himself and to Prandelli, and I'm convinced he'll be great.

Won't Aquilani play as a Deep Playmaker? along with Flamini/Gattuso and Boateng.

Oh on. The coach doesn't want a deep playmaker. He wants a player like van Bommel in the middle. That's why Pirlo was shifted to the left or found no place at the end of last season and eventually left. MvB and Ambrosini will rotate in that position. Gattuso/Nocerino/Flamini(injured 5 months) will be on the right. One of Aquilani and Boateng will be on the left and the other in the more advanced middle. Cassano might get a chance behind the strikers.

Steel over Creativity isn't a personal like of mine but that seemed to bring the Serie A title last year so im sure you'll build on that this year.

Uh oh! Allegri dropped Inzaghi from the CL squad. Can't imagine how Inzaghi is feeling. It is one of the main reasons he is continuing to play at his age and then he takes this low blow when he is a week away from an injury return.

I know it was a hard pick by Allegri but would have chosen him ahead of Bonera anyday. Inzaghi is a crowd lighter and a fan favourite while Bonera is walking disaster. I heard he is the reason Como scored against us yesterday in a friendly and it is only in the group stages of what should be an easy group to qualify from.

Seems Barcelona's push for Thiago Silva has begun. Not positive we will hang on to him for very long though.

Seems Barcelona's push for Thiago Silva has begun. Not positive we will hang on to him for very long though.

tumblr_l7n418DNCP1qb00y6o1_500.jpg

Yet another time.

:LOL: He is that good. Not only his defensive skills, his techncial skills have immensely improved. He was lined up with Bonera against Parma, and the way he controls, passes, and plays the ball made Bonera look like an amateur. No wonder Barcelona want him. Arguably the best defender in the world right now.

I really don't care, as long as we hold on to him, I'm happy. He's one of the best defenders I've seen in a Milan top, and he's clearly capable of playing like this for many years, even into his late 30's.

From interviews, it really seems like he's a loyal player that's very down to earth, and he's got many friends in Robinho, Cassano, Pato and Nesta, so I think it's hard for him to even think of leaving.

Yah, plus he really likes Milan not just the city but the club! He loves it! He wouldn't necessarily wanna leave. He's treated very nicely as well.

Obviously Barca has it's lure though and if he was to go anywhere, I think it would be there, but I'm just saying, EVEN with concrete interest from them (which isn't even at that stage yet I think), he's one of the few players who may well reject their advances because he's so happy and got it good where he is.

I think it's simple speculation, though it's true that Fontàs is not having chances at Barcelona's first team, and probably he doesn't have the level to play in the first 11, while Thiago, as you all say, is probably in the top 5 of CBs at this moment.

But the thing that is feeding all this speculation seems to be that Milan has not yet payed for Ibra, and the debt is about 24 M€. It's strange why Milan is delaying this payment, so maybe it's Milan themselves who want to force this operation? We know Milan is not in a great economic situation, but it would be a very bad move, I think. Better spending the 24M€ of Ibra and keep both Ibra and Thiago, who are probably your best players right now!

Afraid that might be the case. The interest is there drekkard. No doubt about it. Thiago himself admitted it this summer and the summer the Ibra deal went through. Come to think of it, if Barcelona were looking for a defender, which they are, Thiago Silva is the perfect choice. A top defender who is awesome with the ball at his feet. Probably the best with ball at his feet.

But didn't Barcelona get the first 8mill? I read there was a delay but I thought they ended up paying. The strange thing is, if Milan couldn't pay the Ibrahimovic deal, why did they end up spending 18mill on Robinho? Or 10mill on El Shaarawy? Yet we still have striker problems...

So Tevez ha? Some serious talks being held to bring him on a loan in January with an option to buy. Meeting held today. That's a huge player here which is different than any of our strikers as he tracks back. He can have as much influence as Ibrahimovic. What do you think? Probably means one of our strikers will leave in the summer.

Hopefully Robinho.

If you can get Tevez instead of him, it's a nobrainer. One is far superior.

Erm, I don't know. Surely Tevez is an amazing player, I wanted him to go back to his beloved Corinthians my favourite Brazilian club, however his behaviour doesn't suits me at all. He is one of those guys who think players are bigger than clubs.

Yeah his attitude stinks but he's like 3 times the player Robinho is in terms of actual end product and effectiveness and the Brazilian is hardly a saint or an angel himself, is he? :D

So for me, if possible, it really is a no brainer. Especially with Cassano out for now as well...

Out of the pitch he's a cunt, no doubts abuot it. But strictly from a football perspective, it wold add a lot to Milan, not only because he's a hell of a striker, but also because he can put a lot of teamwork as well.

Milan were brave and good against us this week, but Robinho don't seem to gel with the way the team plays.

The big doubt is if Tevez will geta long well with Ibra. It would be nice to see it, though!

Thanks to Milan for the splendid match we could watch on wednesday. Seedorf still impresses me. You have to look back and think of that Ajax with Seedorf and Davids. It's a shame money set all those two amazing players apart.

OMG! Galliani just confirmed he reached a deal with Tevez. Free loan with a 20M fee in installments waiting for City to finish it. Huge news. With a good mindset, this guy is a monster.

what`s a FREE loan w/ £20m installment payment ? Where is Pato at , is he injured?

Free loan means no payment will go to Man City. The deal is Milan will get him on loan and pay 2.5mill of his wages, then a 3 year deal with 5mill a year wage. The transfer fee is still to be decided. It will be somewhere between 15-25M. Apparently, he insisted on joining Milan.

I really believe one of Pato and Robinho will leave this summer, maybe Ibra even but most probably Robinho.

Back
Top Bottom