Your Dream FIFA Game...

This is why I really fear that we'll never have a football game that isn't just a FUT clone (i.e. packed with microtransactions and with zero originality, no difference in approach)...

Eurogamer: Alan Wake 2 Fastest Selling Remedy Game, But Yet to Turn a Profit

Dev costs are high, marketing costs are high - and gaming is a business. Even for indie devs, it's a business. You have to make money, you have to make a living.

I would bet my house that a true simulation football game which challenged every player to think like managers have to think would appeal to a huge market, including FUT players who I honestly think would appreciate something truly fresh (and not just a cheap rip-off) - but could I ever convince enough people to gather enough money to develop and sell it at a high enough quality for it to succeed? Not in this environment.

My dream football game certainly won't be made by EA, KONAMI, or 2K. These companies now focus on online features which don't emphasize gameplay.

The only solution for me is an indie game, created by developers who, while wanting to make money, also have a passion and vision for football. On the other hand, football is a complex sport. It's not like tennis, where there are already two excellent games (Tennis Elbow, Full Ace Simulator).

So it's challenging to come up with something that covers the complete list of Emroth's first post. I wish it were possible, but the years have passed and hope has faded. Something was about to happen with Baz and Gameplay Football, but unfortunately, he couldn't complete it. Later, he released the game as open source, and I thought someone from the evo-web community would take it and develop it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen either. My expectations have now dropped. Realistically, with several compromises, what I want is to wait for Baz's new game, Ballsy! League. Simple graphics focusing on AI and the tactical game.

And to say something about FIFA since the topic is "Your Dream FIFA Game". In the end, FIFA has always been a shallow game, even though I played FIFA 11 and FIFA World Cup 2010 a lot. There, something was about to happen, but it was buried with the arrival of FIFA 12 and the subsequent games. But okay, we're not here to judge FIFA, so sorry for the off-topic.

I'll conclude by saying that I believe I'll never play the football game I want, even with compromises.

Hi for the unpred each team has in general and unic things matching the tempo as u can dominate the whole game or abusé time of possession as a tempo thing then we have the second half where coach must appear carrying first half desire and the match environment reads.
This should give the dynamic irl football tactic teams simulation.

EA have everything to make dream Fifa game. Just combine the best solutions from FIFA 16 and 19, add some hypermotion animations, improve the physics of the goal net and we have the best FIFA ever. I also dream that in the career mode it would be possible to view the history of statistics from previous seasons of both clubs, competitions and players. Something like in football manager

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom