You realize you're getting old when...

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
Some footballers in first teams of today were born in 1993 or 1994... and later...

Zidane´s headbutt happend almost 7 years ago...

I really realized am getting old when I first saw Bebeto's son Mattheus playing in Ronaldo friends VS Bebeto friends , and remembered that I watched Bebeto's celebration in WC 94 dedicated to Mattheus birth.

bebeto-brazil-celebration-world-cup-1994.jpg

...your balls are lying on the ground next to the normal ball.

But I find it strange, too, to see many very good players being born in 1992, 1993 and onwards.

I'm probably one of the youngest guys here, so I don't have this problem yet. :P

I do remember Zidane's headbutt like it was yesterday...

I really realized am getting old when I first saw Bebeto's son Mattheus playing in Ronaldo friends VS Bebeto friends , and remembered that I watched Bebeto's celebration in WC 94 dedicated to Mattheus birth.

bebeto-brazil-celebration-world-cup-1994.jpg

player on left is dad of Alcantara brothers :D

I felt old when I read that a 16 year old made his champions league debut this season will I was failing my A levels for the second time at 18 *sigh*

You realize you're getting old.. when you look at Javier Zanetti and he isnt getting older and his hair stays the same

Pannini-zanetti.jpg

Felt old when I heard van Bommel was hanging his boots and now I feel older after hearing about Becks retirement.

When the kids instead of playing football in the streets and other games, are at home playing videogames or on the facebook.

It always freaks me out a bit when a player of my same age is referred to as "old".

You can't find any boys to have a beer with on a Thursday night
I'm having one with a bunch of friends right now. Feel free to drop by :)

It always freaks me out a bit when a player of my same age is referred to as "old".

I'm having one with a bunch of friends right now. Feel free to drop by :)

Thanks mate. Wish I could , speaking of italian beer, I have access to some brilliant Italian craft beer. I know your into wine, what about high quality beer? No worries the guys can meet me out tommorow and the wife is good with it!

When Sir Alex, Beckham, Scholes have all called it a day and they were your childhood heroes :((

Some footballers in first teams of today were born in 1993 or 1994... and later...

Zidane´s headbutt happend almost 7 years ago...

I do remember Zidane's headbutt like it was yesterday...

now I feel older after hearing about Becks retirement.

when a young promissing talented players aren't 1990 anymore !

When Sir Alex, Beckham, Scholes have all called it a day and they were your childhood heroes :((

You've said it all.
When I remember Liverpool's 2005 CL triumph with every detail like it was yesterday.
When I remember seeing C. Ronaldo's first season for MU.
When realising that PES2 (my first PES game) was released 11 years ago!
When I realise that players like Van Nistelrooy, Van Hooijdonk, Zidane, Ronaldo, Scholes, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Van der Sar, Owen, Makaay, Hamann, Hyypia, etc. have retired!
When I realise that players like Gerrard, Lampard, Rivaldo, Giggs, Terry, Ferdinand, Ronaldinho, Raul, Henry are considered old players and some of them are close to retirement.

I now feel depressed

Went to watch the DTM at Brands Hatch today and felt old when I read that one of the drivers was born in 1994.

Sorry for the off topic.

Went to watch the DTM at Brands Hatch today and felt old when I read that one of the drivers was born in 1994.

Sorry for the off topic.

OT: Yep, Pascal Wehrlein is just 18 and can already drive such a car, I'm always amazed to hear this. Where did you stand today?

OT: Yep, Pascal Wehrlein is just 18 and can already drive such a car, I'm always amazed to hear this. Where did you stand today?

OT: We sat in the Pit Straight Stand, directly opposite the podium. Great view. It's the third year running I've been. I love the DTM.

Wehrlein drove a great race to finish 10th. Brands Hatch Indy is such a tough circuit to master. I was massively impressed with him after reading that he was a rising young talent.

He is one of the greatest talents we have in Germany and I'm sure we'll see him in higher classes in some years.

Pit Straight Stand sounds great (must have had a great view of the suicidal move by the track vehicle when towing Farfus' M3 :D ) and DTM is (again, after some boring years between 2006 and 2009) a great racing series. Hope to get tickets for the Nürburg, when they're here again this year. Did you just watch the DTM or also the rest of the program, f.e. the Formula 3?

He is one of the greatest talents we have in Germany and I'm sure we'll see him in higher classes in some years.

Pit Straight Stand sounds great (must have had a great view of the suicidal move by the track vehicle when towing Farfus' M3 :D ) and DTM is (again, after some boring years between 2006 and 2009) a great racing series. Hope to get tickets for the Nürburg, when they're here again this year. Did you just watch the DTM or also the rest of the program, f.e. the Formula 3?

I caught the F3 and a couple of Lotus Cup races too. I've seen Wehrlein and Juncadella here in the F3 last year and I think the year before as well. Nice to see them stepping up. Wehrlein's 10th at Brands and 11th at Hockenheim is very impressive for a rookie at such a young age. Many of the highly experienced F1 and touring car drivers don't make that kind of impression in DTM. Perhaps he will be the next Di Resta?

Anyway, you should get to Brands one year if you fancy a trip to the UK. It's a great little circuit because from some vantage points you can see 90% of the track which helps when trying to follow the race. Brands is a bit cramped and dated now but it has got so much character. Hard to believe they used to race F1 there.

And yes, I saw Farfus break down in front of me. The marshalls made a brave move to tow his car across the track but that's Brands - very cramped and little run off to get cars clear of danger.

Also amazing that Farfus, Rocky and Tomczyk flew out to the 'ring to take part in the 24hr race later that day.

I caught the F3 and a couple of Lotus Cup races too. I've seen Wehrlein and Juncadella here in the F3 last year and I think the year before as well. Nice to see them stepping up. Wehrlein's 10th at Brands and 11th at Hockenheim is very impressive for a rookie at such a young age. Many of the highly experienced F1 and touring car drivers don't make that kind of impression in DTM. Perhaps he will be the next Di Resta?

Maybe, would be nice to see. I think I should add here that I'm a complete BMW fan, but what Wehrlein did in the first two races deserves respect and impressed me a lot and I will cheer for him this season although he's driving for the "wrong" brand. :D
Also amazing that Farfus, Rocky and Tomczyk flew out to the 'ring to take part in the 24hr race later that day.

Well, I guess no driver wants to miss this prestigious race. A pity I had some other things to do this weekend, otherwise I would have been there, too. Have to watch the 24h race in Le Mans this year completely then. :D

And yes, I definitely have plans to visit the track one day, it's just the usual lack of time that prevented doing it so far. Was near and in London for a couple of times, but never found time to visit the rest of your beautiful country. So that's for sure on my agenda for places to visit.

Back
Top Bottom