World Cup 2022 Qatar

Felt sorry for Canada last night, they really needed a goal or two in the first half when they're were pressing ridiculously high. Just ran out of steam in the 2nd half :(

Fancying South Korea to turn over Uruguay in the match on now

I was shocked when Ghana coach subbed out Andre Ayew after he scored. He was the best-performing player, helping both defense and offense

Probably looking for a draw, just minutes after he get subbed, felix scored while he's still hugging his teammate. Hilarious.

Both playing ass defence tbh but Portugal is better with counter attack & ghana playing better with ball possesion.

Good win Iran, let's hope the momentum continues. Bummer to see Senegal & Qatar played each other

Vintage Southgate.

Almost a carbon copy of that game vs Scotland at last year's Euros

• Wow
Reactions: H_G
In some minutes Poland will go home. We have some really good players but cant make 3 passes or play even a bit possession game. Its unbelievable. Its in their heads they must shit in their pants. BTW USA was better yesterday

USA were the better team yesterday and it really frustrates me that Southgate is so negative and all England do is pass it around at the back and show no real attacking intent.

He also stated that when he took the job he would play the players on form rather than reputation.
But he has his favourites and that’s it, players are selected for being his favourites rather than form.

We play so cautiously and he just plays to not lose, rather than to win.

But one thing I really can’t understand, why doesn’t Foden play he is England’s best player and would walk into every international team in the world, yet Southgate leaves him on the bench even when needing a goal.

I really fear that when England play a decent team we are going to get truly spanked.

Why is he so hated ? i mean the result are good compare to previous england manager. WC2018 Semifinal & EURO20 Final. That's really good for england

Last edited:
Why is he so hated ? i mean the result are good compare to previous england manager. WC2018 Semifinal & EURO20 Final. That's really good for england
From what I can gather and what I've heard from English nationals, the general consensus is that his style is extremely cautious. Given the talent that the team has, particularly up front, it is frustrating to see how little he risks and opens up the offense as @bsmaff mentioned.

From what I can gather and what I've heard from English nationals, the general consensus is that his style is extremely cautious. Given the talent that the team has, particularly up front, it is frustrating to see how little he risks and opens up the offense as @bsmaff mentioned.
It is very disappointing.
England are probably in the top 5 teams in the world front line wise.
We are probably lucky to be in the top 25 defensively, and we should try and open up more and try to win games to at least take pressure of the defence.

If we were playing a better team than the US yesterday it could of been a hammering.

Messi ! What a strike 🐐

Edit :

Damn what beauty 2nd goal, Argentina only scores banger !

Last edited:
It is very disappointing.
England are probably in the top 5 teams in the world front line wise.
We are probably lucky to be in the top 25 defensively, and we should try and open up more and try to win games to at least take pressure of the defence.

If we were playing a better team than the US yesterday it could of been a hammering.
I thought after the first game, things could be interesting as we seemed full of energy, lending to the belief that we are halfway into our domestic season, as opposed to the usual excuse of players being exhausted after a long season.

Against the USA we looked drained. Like it was a effort to close the opposition down. Also there was too much uncertainty with the backline, tip tapping the ball to each other and not moving the ball forward quickly enough, thus the opportunities were lost.

And yes i agree if the competition was a higher level, we would have lost. Not to take anything away from the USA, they did a good job, and were the better team. It was only the crossbar that saved us.

I was surprised he brought Henderson on. He has not been starting a game for us (Liverpool). Surely it was a big ask for someone like that to come on and make an impact. Foden (as already said) should have been used. In Hindsight i bet Southgate wishes he would have started him.

Last edited:
The Southgate situation is really fascinating from the point of view of a non-England fan like myself. So many years, England couldn't get its Golden Generation past the quarterfinals, and then really were bad in tournaments from not qualifying for Euro 2008 through bad performances through Euro 2016. Remember in 2016, absolutely nobody wanted to touch the England manager job, for good reason. I wonder how far you'd have to go down the Premier League table (then and now) to find someone that would rather be England manager rather than a Premier League club manager. My guess is somewhere near the bottom or even in the Championship, probably someone that is English and would dream of being England manager, but not a "top" manager like the fans would expect or want.

Lo and behold, Southgate changed the negative mentality around England and really succeeded - I'm sorry, but a World Cup semifinal and losing a Euros final on penalties is objectively are good performances, even if you could nitpick playing styles, lineup selections or lucky draws. I think he's limited as a manager, but he knows sufferball does well in knockout rounds, so he plays sufferball.

It was weird why he stuck with a limited Harry Kane yesterday, when surely it would be wiser to make sure he's fit for those knockout rounds.

Whichever way you look at it, even if objectively they recently are getting decent results - anyone who watches premier league cant help but wonder why Foden is on the bench. He is young, he is hungry, he has passion and drive to pull them up.
Its one thing to play tactical, cagey football, and its another thing to consciously cripple your frontline.

It is indeed shit, few chances, no one to finish the attack, that free-kick was our only hope to at least put the Belgians on their toes, but the celebrations in the video attached had turned into cursing

Attachments

• VID-20221127-WA0008.mp4
    1 MB
So how's morocco doing ? Better than belgium ? I saw that they currently lead 1-0

Edit : holy, 2-0 ? Congrats Morocco !
No one was better in the first half, they both were very very atrocious. In the second half Moroccan players gained some confidence after the disallowed goal. They dominated the Red Devils and they gave them no way through.

Now guys can someone help me cure my vocal chords?

So tomorrow is holiday or ?

Drink more water... lol
I don't think winning Belgium is that of an achievement taking into consideration we beat them the last time 4-1, but since we have won our first WC game since 24 years then I hope tomorrow is a holiday 😂

The Croatia v Canada is 🔥. Despite being 2-1 down they dominated the Croats in their own field. They are a big threat, and also they are playing with their hearts and souls, that is the spirit all teams should look for. I'm very positive we'll still see some goals and hopefuly and equalizer.

Another big battle tonight, Germany v Spain, I'm rooting for Spain due to geographical proximity, but I hope we find them in the second round and give them a good old spank for their undeserved draw against us in Russia 😂

I don't think winning Belgium is that of an achievement taking into consideration we beat them the last time 4-1, but since we have won our first WC game since 24 years then I hope tomorrow is a holiday 😂

The Croatia v Canada is 🔥. Despite being 2-1 down they dominated the Croats in their own field. They are a big threat, and also they are playing with their hearts and souls, that is the spirit all teams should look for. I'm very positive we'll still see some goals and hopefuly and equalizer.

Another big battle tonight, Germany v Spain, I'm rooting for Spain due to geographical proximity, but I hope we find them in the second round and give them a good old spank for their undeserved draw against us in Russia 😂

International Friendly 2008, that's 14 years ago. You guys just beat no.2 FIFA rank in the world with their golden generation, that's big achievement if you ask me. Your government should throw a party already :D . I'm surprised ziyech played in this WC, i thought he's retired ? what's changed his mind ?

Germany v Spain, if you ask me.... i hope they both lose, lol

There is too much drama about Ziyech's case. I don't know exactly what's the real problem, but Ziyech did not get along with Vahid Halilhodžić, they have had so much issues so he removed Ziyech from his plans. All the fans were pissed, until Walid came and the first thing he said "Ziyech and Hamdallah are back"

Back
Top Bottom