Winning Eleven J.League 2008!!!!! just announced

I applied fernando´s v1 translation patch and played 5 games by now. I really like the gameplay, there are minor tweaks (especially crosses, headers, curves on corners) but they make the game look sweet and smooth! I´m enjoying it too much.

no, it seems there is no Saitama stadium :(

Urawa plays at Komaba in JLWECC08, shame Konami

@Caspero

Check download area (we patches) here at evo-web, there you will find the patch ;)

Tell me in FANTASISTA , I don't find the "Training" section ... When I am not on bench , I don't do anything ...
You know in JLWE2007CC , there was a training section when we chose which sector to work etc

Anyone saw it in this Fantasista 2 ??

that scum of Gamba? pls NO! :-pp

better take the Antlers then

Tell me in FANTASISTA , I don't find the "Training" section ... When I am not on bench , I don't do anything ...
You know in JLWE2007CC , there was a training section when we chose which sector to work etc

Anyone saw it in this Fantasista 2 ??

this isnt anymore, you just press the ok button and skip the match if you are not on bench ... you also gain no experience points then

i played a lot of matches today and noticed the player stats go up very slow if this goes on ... it took me an half season of J2-league (about 22 matches, and i played in ~15 matches of it) to get 1 point each player stats

Last edited:
Yes, took my time today for it ... waited so long, so its ok :D

I also thought Nabisco Cup and Emperors Cup would be licensed in Fantasista (Masterleague too), but its only in league-mode (Nabisco Cup there). Shame

this isnt anymore, you just press the ok button and skip the match if you are not on bench ... you also gain no experience points then

i played a lot of matches today and noticed the player stats go up very slow if this goes on ... it took me an half season of J2-league (about 22 matches, and i played in ~15 matches of it) to get 1 point each player stats

Well ok so like me :((
So no training and very slow increasment :((

Apart from the fact of the no training sessions in Fantasista, is there any difference on it? I'll wait for fernando's patch to try it this year...

@ bbc.alster

I took Kashima... way better then Gamba!

Apart from the fact of the no training sessions in Fantasista, is there any difference on it? I'll wait for fernando's patch to try it this year...

@ bbc.alster

I took Kashima... way better then Gamba!

Yes you can play Central Forward for example ; and you can choose 3 prefered positions !!
And also they give you at the beginning 20 pts of abalities bonus and 1 star of abality also

If there are no training sessions, I'd bet that you'll improve your stats by the way you play.

Their idea for PES2009 is that, for example, if you play a lot of passes during the game, your passing skills will evolve.

I'm not sure if I prefer tihs or the older way where all the stats would increment slowly.

@bbc: are you playing on the PS2, or on a PS3? If you are on the PS2, can you confirm that there really is no slowdown on player camera?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

If there are no training sessions, I'd bet that you'll improve your stats by the way you play.

Their idea for PES2009 is that, for example, if you play a lot of passes during the game, your passing skills will evolve.

I'm not sure if I prefer tihs or the older way where all the stats would increment slowly.

Well I don't like it too :(
Cause now I only improve : Body balance , Stamina , Jump and Technique :sick:

Semi-fixed cursor control is new and in this game ala PES09:

From Pesfan.com review of PES09... "One major alteration to the core gameplay is the implementation of true manual control. In the past, once a player had passed the ball to a team-mate, the cursor would then automatically switch to the player receiving the pass. However, in PES 20009 the cursor will not switch unless you select him. This new control system seems like a step forward as it allows you to pass the ball to a computer controlled player whilst you run into space with the passer, before switching control to the ball carrier and playing a through ball to the man you ran into space with. This new control system may take a bit of time to get the hang of, even for a PES veteran, and expect to find yourself in many keystone cop defending situations as you lose track of who you’re controlling!"

Same thing with JLWECC2008... but my question is this.. How do you call for the ball? That is, is it possible to get the computer player to pass it back to you once you get into space?

Last edited:
Semi-fix is not new. You had it in previous versions of the game, at least since PES6 for sure.

You call for the ball just like in Fantasista mode: double-tapping R2.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

P.S. - Just to clarify, I'm not saying that this is not what PESFan is talking about. What I'm saying is that this control method that they are trying to push now, calling it "new" has been present in PES for a couple of years now ;)

Last edited:

@bbc: are you playing on the PS2, or on a PS3? If you are on the PS2, can you confirm that there really is no slowdown on player camera?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Im playing on PS2 mate. And yes, there are no slowdowns in player cam like i already told you yesterday ;)

It seems that they've changed the system of experience. I've read about the idea in PES09 Become A Legend Mode, and its in JLWECC08 too i think (have to look closer to confirm this). At first i got equal amount of experience for every single stat, but after a while i got more on balance, offense etc. Now that you say i remember this.

From Pesfan.com review of PES09... "One major alteration to the core gameplay is the implementation of true manual control. In the past, once a player had passed the ball to a team-mate, the cursor would then automatically switch to the player receiving the pass. However, in PES 20009 the cursor will not switch unless you select him. This new control system seems like a step forward as it allows you to pass the ball to a computer controlled player whilst you run into space with the passer, before switching control to the ball carrier and playing a through ball to the man you ran into space with. This new control system may take a bit of time to get the hang of, even for a PES veteran, and expect to find yourself in many keystone cop defending situations as you lose track of who you’re controlling!"

Same thing with JLWECC2008... but my question is this.. How do you call for the ball? That is, is it possible to get the computer player to pass it back to you once you get into space?

Yes this is true tho
and i agree

and to ask the ball in Fantatista mode
tap R2,
but be sure to run at a good position zone where the bal is clear,
even when your at a danger zone with defenders and ask the bal they wil pass it but then u wil loose the ball asap.

anyway thats a key point in Fantatista,always take good position.
acurate passing and team work is also a importand thing,but that depends how skilled the team/co-players is that your playing in.

Yes, took my time today for it ... waited so long, so its ok :D

I also thought Nabisco Cup and Emperors Cup would be licensed in Fantasista (Masterleague too), but its only in league-mode (Nabisco Cup there). Shame

Is the Emperor's Cup in the single player (not Fantasista) mode? How did they handle the University/HS teams then?

That's too bad :((
I'll have to play as Gamba Osaka or Kashima, then :-pp

Komaba tutta la vita, that's THE Mitsubishi FC traditional stadium, screw Saitama.

Last edited:

couldn't you do all of the above already in JWE 9 AC by tapping L2 right before either a long or short pass?

The target of your pass would defend the ball til you released the button and then automatically perform a passage according to his skill and the position on the field the player under your control reached while running into the space, could've been a short and quick "1-2" as well as an overhead through pass, it was very easy to use and intuitive yet appallingly effective. You could've also faked the run and permanently switch player to change side and pass the ball somewhere else, very clever game design inherited by KCEO Perfect Striker series.

pic are in the pack, and i havent replace ball for the moment, i search new nike and adidas model for ps2

pic which is in the pack is not from JLWE2008 but its exactly the same in JLWE2008 if you prefer i can take a photo of my game

For the first time ever im not substituted at half time in Fantasista mode (when beeing only on bench), already thought it would be scripted.

Last edited:
i know you're all busy playing but i'm thinking of getting this - is it worth it if i've already got jlwecc2007?

I tend to appreciate small important tweaks so please do let me know about any if you can,

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom