What pass assistance do you use?

Pass assistance?

Votes: 46 59.7%

Votes: 15 19.5%

Votes: 12 15.6%

Votes: 4 5.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yup I definitely feel a difference, playing on +1 at the moment, but I strung together a lot more passes on +3 (Default) and had more errors on 0.

Tried zero for the first few games, and it wasn't too bad. Tried 1 and didn't notice much of a difference in passing. For now still experimenting, but usually setting it to 1. :p

I think it's a bit like this; 0 assistance give you more freedom, but is (only slightly) more difficult. 4 assistance is easier to use but because the computer does most of the calculations for you (speed, power, direction), it also gives you less freedom.

So if you can learn to use the 0 assistance, you'll probably be at an advantage over the 4 assistance setting.

I've noticed the differences in pass assitance are subtle but significant. With little passing assistance it is much harder to do first touch passes, especially for longer passes and those at wider angles. With high passing assistance you can do long one touch passes, even in crazy directions behind your player's head.

Just tried full assistance, and the difference is very evident. It's more or less automatic and almost no need to adjust the power at all. The direction is also much easier to get right. Almost reminded me of Sensible Soccer, the way the passes could easily be zipped between the players with little to no effort.

No bigg difference, I use 0. It should be full manual, or at least as with L2. Big issue hope Konami will solve it.

Does anyone still have doubt about how much evident are the differences between 0 assitance level and the standard one (let alone full bar) ?

It's VERY evident. Forward passes in general are much easier on the original settings, specially long ones, and contextual erros clearly have less impact, i could easily see this playing with my brother.

I am playing this game everyday, but it's been very hard to beat him with zero bar against him who use Milan with 3/4 bar, that's my personal challenge. It's another category, definetly. Plus i am one of those who still use l2 (manual modifier) way too much, therefore the game becomes much harder, i end up making the game harder to myself when it's not needed, it's funny but also annoying this particular addiction of using l2 too often (i blame fifa lol).

What i'd like to see is not full zero bar becoming harder, the challenging of creating chances to score is there, but i want to feel much more control of the power i put on my passes, and the standard settings really need to get harder to make everything more balanced.

I wish they didnt have any Pass Assistance levels at all. It will screw up the Online side of it, as most will be playing with Full Assitance with Barca and Real. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Hope that's not the case and there is separate leagues for different assistance levels instead.

I wish they didnt have any Pass Assistance levels at all. It will screw up the Online side of it, as most will be playing with Full Assitance with Barca and Real. :CONFUSE:

The thing is Konami could make online great if you have the host has the ability to pre-set the controls before the match. Things like speed, cursor settings etc. If they don't then it'll be a poor omission from Konami.

Then again i doubt i'll play much online and even with those options it'll be hard to find people who pick teams that aren't Barcelona and Real. I'm no expert on the online aspect of PES but is there any reward for picking worse teams? i.e more points if you beat the big boys, less points if you lose. Doesn't seem like a feature that's too difficult to implement shirley.

Last edited:
I tried playing on 0 assisted, but some balls i cant play this way.

For example, playing left to right, when my rights centre back i run upwards and i want to get a trough ball to my left back. i push trough ball, fill the metre, and my player gives a tiny troughball on a defender near by or he just give it to the cpu.

I cant get used to an assisted unassisted mode. So i use 2, cause now i can put the ball where i want to. Its like i have more freedom with 2 then 0.

I want fully manual. In everything, why cant they give us that? I am so bored of the scripting footballgames. Let me play the wonderfull game of football myself!

i found that 0 sometimes is not reasonable for me
1-2 seems to be the "sweet spot"

im sure a truly 0 and with great cursor change in offence wud be a dream but its not like this sadly

Back
Top Bottom