What have you done Konami? (very disappointed by PES 2008 demo)

I played FIFA 2008 ( full version) and god what an awful game, the graphics are so bad, gameplay still the same.... just cant wait for PES2008!!

Is the AI so desperate that it needs unlimited stamina and speed in TOP player difficulty? Why don't they make it more SMART? This is not a fighting game where the BOSS is the most powerful! They should make it smarter and more like real football not just crank up the stamina/speed!

The reality improve so much in PES2008, e.g.
I noted that when I have an indirect free kick, the referee raises his hand until I kick the ball !

Alot of what he said concerning editing and stadiums and such for consoles really makes me appreciate the PC version and the community surrounding it.

Spot on! This is going to own!

The more i've played the demo the more I think it's streets ahead of PES6 just from the demo, so god knows what the full game is going to be like.

Glad it's slowed down and the keepers are better! Here's to a long year of editing.

Is Konami going to stop making most of the players like Maradona? They seem to get past the opposition easily!

Eh; I think its about the same...we're just not used to it. it's tantamount to a step back, though, you're right, in that it OUGHT to be better each year than what we've been used to.

I was just playing and... The COM player got the ball from me by making its player's leg go through my player's body!! The game feels a little messy really!

There seems alot of negative feedback on this thread which I can understand. Yes there are a few floors in the DEMO...but remember it is a DEMO. Every year a new PES comes out, it is always slated early doors. Lets see what the Full game is like 3 months down the line whe the patches have been done...im sure we will be happy.

Guys

The demo is over 2 months old. This is confirmed.
Several things have been fixed for the final version, including the speed of the game and it seems somewhat the silly running animations. Check the videos on the following page of the retail version, the "Mi-temps France/Belguique" is a gameplay video that clearly shows a much better PES. ;)

http://www.playscope.com/@@@15777-pro_evolution_soccer_2008.html&medias=Videos

Last edited:
the game looks very good.
I didnt like the demo at 1st. Now i really like it. I'm so glad the running animations have been improved.

Cant wait to get the full game!!!

Guys

The demo is over 2 months old. This is confirmed.
Several things have been fixed for the final version, including the speed of the game and it seems somewhat the silly running animations. Check the videos on the following page of the retail version, the "Mi-temps France/Belguique" is a gameplay video that clearly shows a much better PES. ;)

http://www.playscope.com/@@@15777-pro_evolution_soccer_2008.html&medias=Videos
After playing the demo almost every day since its release, I'm beginning to like it. My only grouse is the shooting as the changes are a bit overdone. I just hope that it will be vastly improved in the final version.

@CHIMPS WITH QUIFFS:

I agree with what you said, except that playing online uses the built-in database, not a user-defined one in the option file. So it's a bit crap if only a nice slower game is possible OFFLINE. But your option files DO rock, regardless :)

Why complained over a demo? Its not like you have paid a lot for it. It's free, for god sake!

Too much complains make you too blind to appreciate it. Every year you want better things. Last year, editing mode. Now that editing mode is back, you crying about another things!

Seabass not a god. He just human. He cant fulfilled everyone's wishes! I'm no fan of Seabass, but thanks to him, we have alternative from being fooled forever by FIFA franchises.

For all who is complained, think how hard it is to create a good gaming software, furthermore to create one in a new next gen console, which everybody expectation is sky high.

Me? I found myself satisfied with the demo. PES 5 is better? Than go play it. If the new game same with the old one, it should be named "PES 5 : The Expansion" instead, just update the transfer, then there you go, you can play your favourite PES 5 or whatever, all you like. I dont care. I just waiting for the new looking PES 2008. Hell with the old one.

Go apply a job with KONAMI if you not satisfied.

First of all I'd like to say that their are many good things in the latest version of PES. BUT it is unacceptable that Konami still puts the same shit into a game that has been there for probably since the series was created. For fucks sake why do they have to try to make the game harder by taking away the control over my players????? I admit the cpu does make some good moves yet there are some many times when I wanted to head or kick the ball as far as possible and what does my player do. NOTHING!! Not a fucking thing!! And what does the cpu player? He takes the ball and scores. And this is not just the DEMO version problem since I can't possibly believe Konami would actually fix this crap in the final game. What will they come up next? Give the cpu extra players?? Why not make the cpu play with 15 players against 11? That would be a REAL challenge...

This is just a demo I know and I really hope the final game is worth the wait. What I would like to see in the final game (It will most probably be in vain):

Collision detection. No need to tell you why...

A decent CL-edition of the CUP tournament. It shouldn't be too hard to make it possible to play both home and away games in the group and knockout stages. Even for Konami.

This is probably a wild fantasy that Konami will never make possible but it would be nice to be able to create players, teams and leagues. This would make Master League even remotely playable unlike now...

But as we all know Konami will never make the game really extraordinary. If they did they would have to work really hard next year to make it better. Now they just put a little bit new into every new PES and sell it full price. The worst thing is that they usually take something out too. Handballs anyone???

I don't like to bring the EA's game into this but Konami is doing now what EA did a couple of years ago when they were the ruling footie game developers out there. They stopped developing and just took away people's money with mediocre shit. Now they really try to develope their game but they can't do it anymore. Konami on the other hand have it all at their feet. They have a lot better game at their hands than EA ever did and what do Konami guys do? They don't even want to make their game a genuine jewel. I think what the Japanese are doing is worse. The truth is that when developers make games that have "we didn't do our best" written all over it it's no wonder people download warez versions of the game. And so they are promoting piracy...

Last edited:
First of all I'd like to say that their are many good things in the latest version of PES. BUT it is unacceptable that Konami still puts the same shit into a game that has been there for probably since the series was created. For fucks sake why do they have to try to make the game harder by taking away the control over my players????? I admit the cpu does make some good moves yet there are some many times when I wanted to head or kick the ball as far as possible and what does my player do. NOTHING!! Not a fucking thing!! And what does the cpu player? He takes the ball and scores. And this is not just the DEMO version problem since I can't possibly believe Konami would actually fix this crap in the final game. What will they come up next? Give the cpu extra players?? Why not make the cpu play with 15 players against 11? That would be a REAL challenge...

This is just a demo I know and I really hope the final game is worth the wait. What I would like to see in the final game (It will most probably be in vain):

Collision detection. No need to tell you why...

A decent CL-edition of the CUP tournament. It shouldn't be too hard to make it possible to play both home and away games in the group and knockout stages. Even for Konami.

This is probably a wild fantasy that Konami will never make possible but it would be nice to be able to create players, teams and leagues. This would make Master League even remotely playable unlike now...

But as we all know Konami will never make the game really extraordinary. If they did they would have to work really hard next year to make it better. Now they just put a little bit new into every new PES and sell it full price. The worst thing is that they usually take something out too. Handballs anyone???

I don't like to bring the EA's game into this but Konami is doing now what EA did a couple of years ago when they were the ruling footie game developers out there. They stopped developing and just took away people's money with mediocre shit. Now they really try to develope their game but they can't do it anymore. Konami on the other hand have it all at their feet. They have a lot better game at their hands than EA ever did and what do Konami guys do? They don't even want to make their game a genuine jewel. I think what the Japanese are doing is worse. The truth is that when developers make games that have "we didn't do our best" written all over it it's no wonder people download warez versions of the game. And so they are promoting piracy...

VERY well said mate

Just tried the demo and, well, it gave me a "strange feeling"...like I was playing with a different game (not a better one though...), felt like my players were kicking one of those silly light plastic balls I used to play with when I was 6yo lol

Graphics, I couldn't care less honestly...

I suppose its better to wait the full version to be depressed/enthusiastic though...I'll keep the faith... ;)

I find it hard to beleive that so many people get worked up about the speed of the game.

Its is easily changed using PESFan editor. Simply load your OF and apply a percentage up or down change to acceleration and speed of all players.

Yeah i guess so. Will be waiting for your option file ´when the game is out ;)

Diving needs a lot of tweaking. Once you tackle (COM dives) the referee calls for a foul!!

Edit:
The switching system needs to be refined and they need to add the new switching system of FIFA that uses the right stick. Gives you a great control.

Is there an official forum for feedback and improvements for the next version?

Last edited:
I Agree, the big change for bad in this game is the gameplay!
all those years konami had the best soccer game beacuse of the gameplay, it was smooth, and everything could happen, but now it's a robotic game, arcade mode:|

fifa is gay.. but so are you bro.. PES 2008 isnt even released?? how the hell do you know is the best fooball game ever?? the demo is crap... and the full version doesnt look too promissing.
and Es88 is totaly right... the gameplay is shit in PES2008... to freakin fast... and Seabass admited in his recent interview that is gonna stay that way.
and did you know that you wont be able to play PES 2 vs 2 online?? 2 vs 2 is the way to play this game... but i guess u don;t know much about PES now do you kid?

Back
Top Bottom