What have you done Konami? (very disappointed by PES 2008 demo)

The more I play it, the more I like it. The 10 or 15-minutes matches make it definately more playable!

Allright, keepers make some mistakes. But they have also great saves and act really cool when someone comes 1 on 1 with them (make themselves big, are agressive etc.) Also I'm appreciating more and more the details, like the dribbling style of C.Ronaldo (just like his dribbling running style) and the stunning graphics. And what about the new crossings from the sidelines. Sometimes they swerve over the keeper, you can bring them in from any place. Very realistic, and it plays better and better! :)

In the first case, I was a bit dissapointed too (just like I was when PES6 came out). I think it's just a case of 'getting used to it', when you get used to it, you never want to go back to an older PES! :applause:

very true :)

The ref is much better this year. Getting yellow cards for stupid tackles is part of the game and it gives the advantage to the attacking team. It also means when u do get a yellow, it effectively reduces that players capacity to defend all out. I also managed to win a penalty today by diving, very awesome.

I just had to delete the demo, it's so bad, SO BAD.

What did you do with the Fifa demo then? Throw your hard drive out the window?

Anyone complained about the refs? I think it is the biggest flaw in PES2008. They tend to give red cards for fun when you tackle and you have to be really lucky to avoid a yellow as well. 89% of tackles get booked, I think they need to fix that by release. It must not be difficult.

You'll notice you only have 1 referee in the demo. Remember each referee has his own strictness setting. Wait for the full game and play with the chinese ref... man oh man he was bad in PES6 :P

Man general view is the game is so much better against the computer this time round. They attack, they run with the individual players and they make errors. An example of an error was with Lucio who ran past my centre midfielder and got cocky, i tackled him and set up a goal. They feel slightly more human to play against. I hope all the above i've mentioned is because of the AI and not because of my "current" ability :P

Sliding is so much more dangerous now. The computer isn't as easy to tackle and they can exploit that

My concerns:
Keeper errors
Running animations
Random slow downs
Speed especially with fast all teams

Last edited:
I just had to delete the demo, it's so bad, SO BAD.

Really, I don't know for you guys, but I'm getting really sick reading comments from those game-which-can't-compare-with-any-PES avatars users...

I was reading the whole topic (and didn't wrote anything in it yet, because I'll go mad when some jerk with this shitty avatar quote me) in WE discussions, before I got demo, and I thought "maybe it is really that bad". But, after playing it, I realised that they were speaking bullshits, all of them!
ea sports football series were never close to KONAMI's ones, and it will stay that way, like it or not.
The time will tell if I were right (not just me, the most of us ;) ).

P.S. Just like somebody before me wrote, the more I play it the more I like it. What a great game, again!!!

Really, I don't know for you guys, but I'm getting really sick reading comments from those game-which-can't-compare-with-any-PES avatars users...

I was reading the whole topic (and didn't wrote anything in it yet, because I'll go mad when some jerk with this shitty avatar quote me) in WE discussions, before I got demo, and I thought "maybe it is really that bad". But, after playing it, I realised that they were speaking bullshits, all of them!
ea sports football series were never close to KONAMI's ones, and it will stay that way, like it or not.
The time will tell if I were right (not just me, the most of us ;) ).

P.S. Just like somebody before me wrote, the more I play it the more I like it. What a great game, again!!!

Really? I kinda like my avatar.
Everone has his or her own opinion, which is good. Just because people do not have the same opinion as you it doesn't mean that its bullshit.
Yes, you spell that bullshit and not bullshits.

People it is the DEMO! What did you expect??? Haven´t you noticed every single player has the same running style for example? Or that goalies have been made cack on purpose so that users can score great goals and fancy with the demo and then get to buy the real thing? The final version of the game is going to be different.

People are taking the demo as if where the final version of the game! :nono:

The demo´s purspose is solely a marketing tool: inteded for people to play some 5 min pick up games a see how the new engine of the game feels & looks like, and then get to buy the game when it´s released. Plain and simple as that.

People are complaing about cack goalies, no midfield, hating Konami and saying they won´t be buying the game this year. Wait until you play the game when it´s officially released and only then decide whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
I think this after playing like 30 matches on demo, top difficulty.

When I buy a football game, I want the closest experience to reality, and even in PES6 it was very difficult to get. BUT PES2008 is closer to reality in every aspect (except goalkeepers), EVERYTHING in gameplay is so realistic. Explaining every detail would take a lot of time and writing, but those who watches and play football have to be really happy with this game (like me). I repeat, those who wants a football simulator ;).
The GLOBAL of gameplay is really well done, now you have to be carefull with every move you make attacking and defending. The matches are not so fast anymore and you have to play a little more on the midfield part and you depend more of your "constructors players" (for example Riquelme, C.Ronaldo). Defending is WAY better than in PES6, etc, etc, etc...

I´m loving this game :D

People it is the DEMO! What did you expect??? Haven´t you noticed every single player has the same running style for example? Or that goalies have been made cack on purpose so that users can score great goals and fancy with the demo and then get to buy the real thing? The final version of the game is going to be different.

I really don't wanna spoil your expectations, but based on my personal sources, you're better off putting not too much confidence in your hopes.

@elfie
Yes, really, and I like your avatar too (not because of Ajax). Under avatars I mean fifa08 ones. Sure we have different opinions, and that IS good, but those with fifa08 avatars (not ALL of them, but majority) just keep complaining and telling that the game is crap alluding on big ea game (which is nonsense). That's not an example of giving opinion on something. Hope you now understand... (and please correct my grammar)

@Lobo22
That's right. ;)

i love this game so much, i have gotten the hang of it, the gameplay is excellent once you get used to it.

Make sure to patch the 90 ball for the ultimate demo experiece!

@elfie
Yes, really, and I like your avatar too (not because of Ajax). Under avatars I mean fifa08 ones. Sure we have different opinions, and that IS good, but those with fifa08 avatars (not ALL of them, but majority) just keep complaining and telling that the game is crap alluding on big ea game (which is nonsense). That's not an example of giving opinion on something. Hope you now understand... (and please correct my grammar)

@Lobo22
That's right. ;)

In that case my appologies, i thought you were referring to the pes avatars and therefore felt your comments were also aimed at me.

My bad.

please can someone post some pics with medium and high quality settings? How big is the difference or is it "just" the crowd? Not shure if i should buy a new graphic card for my agp system.

Thanks but i mean the difference between medium and high. If it's only the ugly crowd than i will not buy a new card.
Otherwise i think a x1650pro will be enough.

Last edited:
Thanks but i mean the difference between medium and high. If it's only the ugly crowd than i will not buy a new card.
Otherwise i think a x1650pro will be enough.

I can't comment on that, but if it's the same as the leap from low to medium then yes I would! \\:o/

I definately read somewhere that you don't get a lot of the effects if you don't play on high.

whats with players first touch being really soft and running with ball feels like running with nothing , rubbish.

After downloading the time extension patches does anyone find that this game is way to easy to score? I am literally stomping the CPU at top player. I beat brazil 8-3 playing a 15min game. Its just too damn easy to dribble IMO. Also type 1 long passing is extremely accurate. I think when the final game comes out, and the gameplay slows down, it will be a little tougher.

Regarding slower gameplay in the final version of the game: is this just a rumour or has this info been confirmed?

PLEASE PLEASE let it be slower. Love the graphics and most of the gameplay, but its way too fast at the moment. :(

I really dont think it is that fast. I played it both with the frameskipping on and off. When on the game is faster, but the replays are too fast. With frameskipping off the game plays slower but just a little and the replays are VERY slow.

I play on high detail. Its a hp pavilion dv9055ea laptop, 1.66 gh, duo core, 1 mb memory and a nvidea geforce 7600 go with 256 mb of dedicated memory.
I tried playing the game in high detail on the highest resolution but didnt like the results, so skipped back to 800x400 res.
My laptop screen is a high definition brightview widescreen, 1440 x 900 pixels. This resolution is not available in the demo but i already saw a patch for it so maybe ill try it out.
Dont really understand why the game did not perform on the highest resolution. I thought my specs would be good enough.

I didnt like the game at 1st, but now its growing on me. I love the moves and dribbling and do think it is easier on regular.
Defending seems to be a little harder since i feel i have less control over my players. I think this will be tweaked and better in the final version.

Biggest thing i dont like is no players on midfield (which i think will be corrected in final version) and the running animations. They look very bad and i think this will not be fixed in the final version.

Cant wait to play the full game

When frame skipping is off and vsync on the game plays like its on super slow replay :shock:

I also think that the demo is not to fast. Played so matches with the time expander and the speed is not faster than pes6. Only the long balls are faster and they also feel a bit strange.

I really don't wanna spoil your expectations, but based on my personal sources, you're better off putting not too much confidence in your hopes.

If PES 2008 plays like the demo I'm not going to buy it.

But how am I supposed to find out if it plays the same or not?

I can't buy it and get my money back... well I might sell it on eBay but I'll never get the full price back there

How many people have written their reviews after playing a single game?

Just wondering here....

Maybe the first time you play it's very easy and once the adaptive AI kicks in, it's harder and ... ergo, the game grows on you.

If PES 2008 plays like the demo I'm not going to buy it.

But how am I supposed to find out if it plays the same or not?

I can't buy it and get my money back... well I might sell it on eBay but I'll never get the full price back there

Wow there's still ppl like you complaining about that...
It's easy, just don't buy it.
If you read the interview that IGN did to Seabass you would understand that they started from 0 cause the new-engine, and they made a fawking awesome game. What you want more?

Back
Top Bottom