What are you listening to?

It's ok for me, 'The Offspring - Dammit, I Changed Again' .. @*aLe :BEER: I didn't know they were still going.. took me back to the 90's !
I used to listen to them a lot in the 1999-2004 period (starting with Americana, following with Conspiracy of one, still my favourite album of theirs, and then ending with Splinter). I discovered their older albums (Smash, Ixnay on the hombre) in that period too.
Then I followed through but not so assiduously anymore, just enjoying their singles.

A colleague of mine randomly mentioned them in a chat, some weeks ago, and it was enough for me to remember that "golden era" and start listening to them again.

I used to listen to them a lot in the 1999-2004 period (starting with Americana, following with Conspiracy of one, still my favourite album of theirs, and then ending with Splinter). I discovered their older albums (Smash, Ixnay on the hombre) in that period too.
Then I followed through but not so assiduously anymore, just enjoying their singles.

A colleague of mine randomly mentioned them in a chat, some weeks ago, and it was enough for me to remember that "golden era" and start listening to them again.

'Ixnay on the hombre' was rebellious young me, headphones on all day, an audio cassette (which I sold like an idiot) with the O.G Walkman.

Life was grand :)

check this out guys! this is the PROPER way to listen to And Justice For All, with the right amount of bass restored.
And Justice for Jason! :TU:

Man Metallica didn't deserve Jason ,loved Cliff and saw them twice with him ,but Jason was such a great bass player and great guy.
Speaking of great guys ,Lars and James aren't in that category...

Yo I know how you guys appreciate the studio quality stuff ..

For me, sometimes you don't need all that or even instruments :))
This clip is legend for me ( warning loud cheering :LOL: )

LOVE the Streets of Rage Soundtracks! The one you posted has an urban feel with a lot of tension! Like you're about to enter a room filled with generic bad guys. :LOL:

Check this one out, bro. :TU: Yuzo Koshiro is a genius!! This one has a more Jazzy feel.

The new maiden album is really good and I had no idea we had metallica fans in here. I've seen them so many times live.

I'm kind of in between on it. I like it but I'm getting a bit tired of too many long songs with the same formula, melodic/acoustic start, main song, return to start for ending. Used to love the long songs when they were the big finale to the album like Alexander the Great, Rime of the Ancient Mariner etc. Not that I dislike them now, just finding them a bit stale. Had some really great songs since but anything pre 90 will always be the best stuff for me.

Two of my favourites from their early stuff

Iron Maiden and killers are probably my favourite maiden albums.
Probably because I haven't really been in to any albums from NOTB and onward.

Back
Top Bottom