west ham thread !

When is Faubert coming back?

He came back and was slowly easing in and getting fit until Makelele put him out with an ankle injury after a challenge that was worse than Taylor's, but no one gave a shit about.

Probably in a week or 2.

No problem mate! You're team is the most consistent team in the Premier League wich is great! Congrats!
You remind me Benfica. We are also the most consistent team in Bwin Liga. We draw every game at home! :LOL:

Being honest any right-minded Hammer should be chuffed after last season with the position we've got ourselves especially with the injury list we've got. I think what made it even harder, well for me anyway to witness my team get turned over like they have in the last three games is that at the begining of this season, i was seduced by Eggy, him talking the talk, a new era an' all that and my expectations got a little ahead of themselves...

What do people think? Blackburn at home today ( as ou can probably tell, i'm on here so i won't at the game today :(() the eagerly anticipated Freddy Sears ( the last time i remember a youth player this antipipated it was a young Joe Cole) on first team duty...should Curbs give him a run out today or would it be too much presure on any of our young players to be played today on the back of the last three results? what do you think?

What do people think? Blackburn at home today ( as ou can probably tell, i'm on here so i won't at the game today :(() the eagerly anticipated Freddy Sears ( the last time i remember a youth player this antipipated it was a young Joe Cole) on first team duty...should Curbs give him a run out today or would it be too much presure on any of our young players to be played today on the back of the last three results? what do you think?

Been away for the weekend and just got back from the game.

I would have completely agreed.

Oh..... and: :DD:DD

Freddy Sears...PRESURE! PUSH OFF!....great result...the little fella living the dream, ol' Trev getting choked up when he scored, even watching from my sofa, a really magic moment...for those at the game a one of those 'do you remember when ..' moments, i bet for sure.
I wonder how many people seeing him come on thought hes too short to score any headers :DD.

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1267465,00.html

Gianluca Nani unveiled

The 45-year-old Italian Gianluca Nani is joining West Ham United to work as Technical Director

West Ham United is pleased to announce the appointment of Gianluca Nani as the club's first Technical Director.

The 45-year-old Italian arrives at the Boleyn Ground from Brescia Calcio, where he has been the club's sporting director since 1999. His responsibilities included being in charge of all aspects of technical development - such as the youth academy, transfers and improving training facilities. Nani will start his new role full time in June but has already begun working with Alan Curbishley on identifying potential transfer targets for the summer.

An English speaker, who is fluent in Spanish and has a good knowledge of French, Nani's appointment comes after a six-month search by the Board and the manager to find a suitable candidate capable of helping the club move forward on the domestic and European stage.

Nani's roles at West Ham United will include:

* Enhancing the international scouting network
* Working with Alan Curbishley and the Board on all transfers
* Developing the youth academy with Tony Carr
* Improving all aspects of the training ground facilities

GIANLUCA NANI - BIOGRAPHY

Nationality: Italian
Marital Status: Married (one son)
DoB: 1 October 1962 (Rome)

Career highlights

* Nani studied law at university and worked in Spain organising international football tournaments before embarking on his career as a sporting director.

* He is a graduate of the world-renowned Italian FA (FIGC) technical centre in Coverciano where he holds regular seminars related to the duties and responsibilities of his position.

* At Brescia, Nani has been responsible for bringing in several 'unknown' players who have gone on to achieve great success including World Cup winners Andrea Pirlo and Luca Toni.

* Nani was also involved in the arrival of former world player of the year Roberto Baggio at the Stadio Mario Rigamonti in 2000. Baggio spent four years with Brescia, helping them qualify for Europe.

* The club are currently in the Serie B promotion play-off positions, and just four points from top spot.

* At the end of his first full time campaign with the club in the 1999/00 season, Brescia were promoted back to Serie A. They stayed among the Italian elite for the next five seasons before losing their top-flight status on the last day of the 2004/05 campaign.

* The most successful campaign was in 2000/01, when the club finished seventh in Serie A although they also reached the semi-final of the Coppa Italia the following campaign.

STATEMENT FROM THE BOARD:

West Ham United is a club with ambition. Solid foundations have been built over many years and the club now has a major opportunity to grow and develop as a leading footballing force within the Premier League.

Everyone at the club is committed to improvement and to a positive and dynamic future.

To achieve our ambitions we will develop the club on sound football and business principles.

Our aims, over time, are to:

* Remain successful in the Premier League
* Challenge for the main English club trophies
* Qualify for European football
* Nurture young playing talent
* Develop our transfer trading policies and scouting networks
* Utilise the best physical and medical support services for the playing staff
* Improve our training ground facilities
* Examine ways of expanding our ground capacity via improvement or relocation
* Build our fan base and extend the links into local communities; and
* Strengthen the brand image of the club both nationally and internationally.

The Chairman and the Board will work closely with the Manager and all the staff at the club to identify the steps that need to be taken to achieve these aims in the years ahead.

This appointment is a skip and step in the right direction and chuffed with the message coming out of the club today...a realistic ten point plan for the future...C'MON YOU RIP-ROARING GOAL SCORING IRONS!

hahaha well done lads for the favour.

That sears looks like a little talent. Looks about 15.

Diving little cunt though :P

He does look well young!

Really excited about him (see the 'future stars' thread.

Was a little unhappy about the dive, but sometimes players need a little mean streak in them if you know what I mean.

I've been saying that for weeks now but nevertheless glad to see the youngsters were given some exposure(probably because 6 CBs were out).;)

West Ham have been sold to a group of Icelandic banks in a deal understood to be worth just over £100million.

The new owners are CB Holding, a company mainly owned by the Straumur-Burdaras investment bank who have appointed one of their senior directors Andrew Bernhardt as the new non-executive chairman. The new regime have moved swiftly to assure manager Gianfranco Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke that their jobs are safe and that some funds will be made available for transfers. Chief executive Scott Duxbury will also remain at the club.

Bernhardt said in a statement: "I am delighted that an agreement has been reached and look forward to working with Scott Duxbury and his team in the coming years.

"We have one of the best young management partnerships in Gianfranco Zola and Steve Clarke and the team has evolved with a great mix of experience and young players coming through from the academy.

"I can assure fans we will sanction investment in new players, but all within the parameters of sensible budgeting based on revenues generated by West Ham United.

Should see a bit more stability...

Absolute scum tonight.

as soon as the draw was made the plans to riot were being made, utter stupidity. I hope sanctions are made against both clubs and i hope Millwall aren't shouldered with all the blame for this tonight because it was all West Ham fans invading the pitch all the time.

Absolute scum tonight.

as soon as the draw was made the plans to riot were being made, utter stupidity. I hope sanctions are made against both clubs and i hope Millwall aren't shouldered with all the blame for this tonight because it was all West Ham fans invading the pitch all the time.

Did you watch it mate, I couldn't find a stream? The report I saw made out it was Milwall fans after being provoked by Stanislas' celebration?

Its usually the minority section of the fans who started all this. Must have been tough for Collison, losing his father couple of days ago and now this...

Did you watch it mate, I couldn't find a stream? The report I saw made out it was Milwall fans after being provoked by Stanislas' celebration?

Yeh i did, he's an idiot as well, although it had been kicking off for a long time before his goal, the fans had to be seperated a few times before he did that. Total dickhead he is, should be fined and suspended for running to the away fans after what had already happened.

As for Davenport the lad that's stabbed him is an absolute shithouse, to stab his mum and then hack at his legs to (possibly) end his career he should be jailed for a long long time. Major arteries were severed in his left leg and a lot of ligaments and nerves have been damaged, at the minute nobody knows if he'll play again.

Stanislas is young and naive. He clearly got carried away with the 'ocassion'. He'll be disciplined definitely.

who was the player that the fans went up to and shook hands with, or something like that.

Stanislas??? Totally and utterly irresponsible, along with the fan baiting too.

Looked like something from Belgrade circa 80's

The south American teams are seeing too much Wrestling.

Now honestly, this guy should have a ban of like 2 years. Besides, he is yet to come out on public and say he is sorry for what he did.

Well Stanislas is young, naive and probably stupid, he should be disciplined but nothing OTT.

Feel terrible for Davenport, he may not have been a star player, I think he was about to move to Peterbrough, but it's horrific for it to happen. It was his sisters boyfriend who did it wasn't it? Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom