west ham thread !

We HAVE to beat Wigan in 2 weeks.
Aswell as picking up 2 wins in our home games against Bolton and Everton then hope we scrape it by the skin of our teeth.

Very unlikely, but I guess you have to hold the belief! :)

Tevez is God to the hammers, and we all know where he came from...Boca

I'm personally pretty disappointed with the rest of this team, it seems he's rallying the troops and keeps trying to motivate the team...and he ends up being the only one really, truly giving more than half a shit. If he stays with your team after this season, to play in championship, you are the luckiest bunch of Englishmen I've ever seen...

Tevez is God to the hammers
Not quite mate!!! :eh:
He has a lot of respect from our fans and a lot of the younger fans idolise him for obvious reasons.
No doubt he has talent and spirit and genuinly enjoys it at the club, but it will take a long time and a lot more success until he is seen as a anything near a 'god' or a legend ;)

I'm personally pretty disappointed with the rest of this team, it seems he's rallying the troops and keeps trying to motivate the team...and he ends up being the only one really, truly giving more than half a shit.

You are right there though, but sounds very funny you saying 'this team' :lol:
If some of the other players put in as much effort as he has then we wouldn't be in the trouble we are now.

If he stays with your team after this season, to play in championship, you are the luckiest bunch of Englishmen I've ever seen...

We will be lucky if he stays, even if we stay in the premiership as I believe we won't sign him because of the links with Kia Joorabchian and Magnusson just wants to rid any links with that prick Kia.
Although it may be different at the end of the season... we'll just have to wait and see.

But it isn;t the end of the world... if he stays then great, if he goes then too bad, but no player is bigger than the club and he cannot expect to just be an idol straightaway.

Last edited:
Yeah didn't mean to be insulting at all to west ham, but he's certainly got more skill than basically the rest of the team, Zamora and Ashton are good but they can't match his dribbling or dead ball, and his finishing is also great...either way I just want the best for my Carlitos, I want him to play in top-flight always.

Yeah of course.
It's strange how I keep hearing Zamora's name mentioned by people abroad when he isn't anything special.

Ashton on the other hand is!

He's famous abroad, but he hasn't high scored... that's Zamora!

(sing to the tune that's amora)

Last edited:
yeah we say cause info here is less readily available, so you see the top scorer of West Ham is Zamora, so you figure if he's scored more than el pibe de oro, he's good. I've seen him play though he just feeds off Tevez.

AGUANTE APACHE!

The Premier League opted to look into last summer's transfer of the duo after doubts emerged over the ownership of the pair.

The case centred on the issue of third-party ownership of the two players, who were signed from Corinthians, and also the club's failure to disclose details of the deals.

A points penalty could have been imposed, but a Premier League panel comprising of Simon Bourne-Arton QC, Lord Herman Ouseley and David Dent opted to mete out a financial sanction.

The panel opted to hand down a £5.5million fine, but West Ham have escaped a points deduction and can now focus on their battle to avoid relegation from the Premiership.

West Ham issued a statement responding to the verdict on their website, which read: "West Ham United Football Club was given an opportunity to present its case and received a fair hearing.

"The club's submission that the contracts gave no actual influence to any third party was accepted by the commission.

"The club has not been found guilty of fielding an unregistered player and speculation about a likely points deduction has proved to be unfounded.

"The club regrets the fact that they fell foul of the FA Premier League regulations, but the new owners of the club now want to focus on matters on the pitch and remaining in the Premiership.

"The threat of a points deduction has now been removed and the club's fate remains in its own hands.

"The club believes that promotion and relegation issues should be decided on the pitch and we are pleased that the commission agree with that view.

"The club will reflect on the financial penalty that has been imposed and will take advice before commenting on the possibility of an appeal or any further steps that might be taken."

West Ham face Wigan on Saturday and it remains to be seen if Tevez travels to The JJB, as the hearing report also said 'the registration of Carlos Tevez can be terminated' by the Premier League.

Got off kinda lightly there then really

Yes and No.

We could have and possibly should have been deducted points but the fact that the hearing was delayed until now, the old regime were responsible and the new regime admitted it all and pleaded guilty, meant a heavy fine in it's place was more appropriate.
Considering recently Newcastle openly admitted a breach in rules of registration themselves, I think it's fair dos.
I mean £5.5m is a bloody lot of money and still a record fine!

I mean you could argue fairly that we should have been deducted points and you'd be right in many ways, but why should the fans, players and new owners be punished for the breaching of rules by Aldridge and Brown who have left the club since?

It really is a tough one to call, but i'm glad they have treated this with a bit of common sense.

And in all of this, a certain Mr Dave Whelan has instigated a lot of the investigation in to the affair.
Please ask me if you would like me to go into some of his more sinister dealings.

No worries fella....

But tell me, why do you have an avater of Eminem sucking off a stick? :lol: ;)

I hope they have...

I really like West Ham and Charlton - and I hate Fulham and Wigan (God their manager needs a smack, he gets clubs relegated and gets called fantastic). Looks like Fulham won't be dropping but I'd love it if Wigan did...

well done today hammers, i just hope your safe before you play us, cus i really like west ham

Cheers fellas!!

Definitely not over by a long shot.
Let's face it, we won't get anything at Old Trafford so that means a Wigan win will relegate us.

I'm just glad Sheff Utd got spanked yesterday so they have something to play for on the last day against Wigan.
Though if it turns out that they can conspire against us, then I am very fearful.

I mean if we are 3-0 down with like 10 mins left, Sheff Utd will be safe and I wonder if Wigan will happen to get a late winner :-k :x

we'll hopefully be saving players for the cup final and have the league sewn up by then. You might get the double over us yet.

He's rumored as a target for Sevilla...I hope he does get picked up by them, I've always wanted him to play in Spanish football, he's perfect for it.

Really happy for them. I was hoping we'd lose before the game so I'm glad with the result.

Back
Top Bottom