UFL [All Platforms]

Our approach to UFL would be different if the developers said "hey, we want to work with you to create the best soccer game with classic offline modes and classic online divisions", while they are aiming for an f2p game that is the equivalent of EA FC and eFootball, while doing it's even worse, so it's hard for us to feel that "we are in this together." More like "it's your problem, keep trying". Personally, I want offline modes, if I wanted to play the equivalent of Ultimate Team, I would just play eFootball. UFL is being created to be another machine for making money from microtransactions. They would have to be better than EA and KONAMI to break through, but as you can see, it is difficult to even match them.

I agree with everything you said above, but your original argument was different. You were saying that expectations are too high to make a realistic football game. Unless I misunderstood.
I thought you meant expectations from us - fans. Maybe you meant expectations from the bosses to make certain amount of profit - in that case - yeah, true.
Unless we get passionate indie developers, who care less about profit and more about creating what they love - we're bolloxed.
Oh yeah I think maybe our expectations are high and we expect a new IP to have a sophisticated standard, We got dozens of football games on the PS1 because they were simple products of their time, once ISS and PES took off, we realised football games could be varied deep and dynamic, we got fewer football IPs on the PS2 and then it was only really PES & FIFA beyond because they already had the talent, expertise and infrastructure to build upon their games. In recent years we've seen a couple of indie football games but in fairness they are primitive and aren't has deep and I think the reality is a huge undertaking to make a new football game that can match the standards of mid 2010's PES and FIFA.

Personally speaking I'd love to see more devs try and i'm not overly picky personally as I can enjoy the retro football games so I'm sure I could enjoy modest new ones, but the sad thing is, games like UFL seem to be creating addictive gambling machine first and good football game second and sadly I think that's just the culture that's here to stay until the world ends.

Back
Top Bottom