UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

I played a chipped ball with the outside of my foot to 90degrees of the outside of my body...

I've never done that in a football game before!

Also better player models, especially in goal celebrations, there's no more weird stretchy cam-angles or blurring.

Last edited:
I finally got a gold subscription over the weekend and am enjoying the online gaming, playing pes6 online really sdoes bring the best out ofthe game, anyway after finally downloading this i think the champions league license has made this game look great, the graphics and the license has given the game a new edge but why o why do FIFA buy league or team licenses if they insist on wasting them on poor kits that look worse then the unlicensed ones on PES. They look stretched and the colour is poor, no official lettering either. the game play is good, feels like you are actually controlling the player more and you have more control but with limited options on the demo you cant really get a feel for this, why they have given us the easiest level of gameplay and one of the bnest teams (ULTIMATE Barce instead of Barce) againts a normal team is silly.Thank god you can trade in games, I may actually get this game, as I love the Champions league graphics but the next gen is not bright in terms of football games so far?

finally a game that feels and looks like real football!!!! and finally ive found some people who feel the same way!! im in love with fifa 07 on the 360 and cant wait for UEFA. how anyone can honestly say pro evo 6 plays a more 'realistic' game of footy is beyond me. everytime i play pro evo 6 i end up switching off after a few games in a rage over the scripting. i just dont get this feeling in fifa. its so much like real life, the ball is hard to control "like real footy" it takes real skill and patience to string together good passing moves just like in 'real life' anybody who is just dismissing this game without anymore than a few games on it needs to play it on world class for a few days and give it time to settle in. also stop trying to play it like pro evo, or thinking about it in comparision to pro evo. its a completely different game engine. and in my opinion, a FAR superior one. ill still be more than willing to give pro evo 7 a chance later this year, hopefully it will be better than the absolute pap they released on the 360 last year.

guffers, i agree, i love PES to bits but since playing next gen football FIFa is realistic because its harde to tackle harder to pass and harder to score. if you master this you can oin point long balls and plae shots where you want them to go instead opf pressing shoot nad hoping that it goes in the general direction your facing. UEFA feels free, like you have control instead of you being shown a certain way by the computer. I think you are correct in saying stop playing FIFA like PES, this is where i noticed the differnce, at first I was trying to play FIFA like it was PES and didnt like FIFA, but when i stopped playing PEs and took time to learn FIFA so to speak I discovered a completely differnt, in depth football game that I learnt to play and was a lot more realistic.

u cannot be serious!!!!!!!! fifa 07 better than pes6? get a life losers

some people liking the demo, some people don't.
i personaly hate it, i stayed a wake all night waiting to download the demo, so that i could try the game myself, but thank got i did, coz ofcourse i want spend my money on it.

about pes6, yes its true that the game didn't improve mutch sins pes3, wich has been a very lazy job from konami, especially last year with pes6 on xbox360, but again pes still is a better game for me in terms of gameplay, pes runing in they very old engine, feels better then fifas new engine, when it comes to gameplay.

bottom line is both football games sucks on x360, as a football gamer we only hope for a better football game every year, hopefully pes7 & fifa08 will deliver a great football games in the upcoming versions.

guys going a little bit off topic here, this isnt a which is better pes or fifa thread, it is about UEFA champions league 06/07 game, come on guys enough of the PES V FIFA talk, lets talk about this game

To be fair, I cant get to grips with the FIFA buttons!

Seems a lot more responsive than 07 and the little animations for turning etc, are superb.

Shame you can still do a lob thru ball from ur defenders to ur strikers REALLY easy :(

u cannot be serious!!!!!!!! fifa 07 better than pes6? get a life losers

Ha Ha, How naive.

I LOVED pes.loved it I did.

Back in the day of course.

Fifa 07(360) has changed my outlook.

This is a bold statement from me, But imo, Fifa 07 (once you get to grips with it) is simply the best football gaming experience EVER.

Even with its very few flaws.

Forgot to say, Everyone has different opinions on games.

Whether it's a sports title, Racing sim or RPG.

We all look for different things from a game.

I like the freedom of fifa, some prefer the tightness of pes.

The bottom line is, A much improved pes7 and fifa 08 is vital to keep giving us a choice.

exactly jambo! if EA keeps improving FIFA then it will hopefully rouse konami out of their slumber and get them to improve pro evo. although i really think they need to either create a new game engine or completely overhaul their current one for the next gen consoles. we surely cant see another 5 years of games based on the current engine....can we??? hope not, thank you EA for giving us such a great game.

ps. the ball physics in FIFA, how great are they?! if you really sit down and learn the game and how to place your passes, long balls and shots then you will be in football nirvana with this game. or you could play it once then post on a forum saying anyone who thinks FIFA is better than pro evo is a loser... but you know, different strokes for different blokes. cheers guys.

exactly jambo! if EA keeps improving FIFA then it will hopefully rouse konami out of their slumber and get them to improve pro evo. although i really think they need to either create a new game engine or completely overhaul their current one for the next gen consoles. we surely cant see another 5 years of games based on the current engine....can we??? hope not, thank you EA for giving us such a great game.

ps. the ball physics in FIFA, how great are they?! if you really sit down and learn the game and how to place your passes, long balls and shots then you will be in football nirvana with this game. or you could play it once then post on a forum saying anyone who thinks FIFA is better than pro evo is a loser... but you know, different strokes for different blokes. cheers guys.

Yeah but you cant cross a ball properly and the players dont head properly either. And the a.i doesnt header at goal ever.

I like fifa, but dont get too carried away. Being able to swing in proper crosses is a joy on pes, have just started playing it again and some of the crossing and heading is brill, much better than fifa, they just cant seem to get that right.

why do the controls feel unresponsive with this and then in fifa 07 it does?
additionally why does amateur level feel like pro? I hate the fact that you can't just play a loose game instead having to compete as if your on ahigher level. I play at all levels but sometimes si just wanna kick the ball around. i feel like i play to much defense in this game.

Whereas PES feels like the freeer game fifa now seems to be going for amuch more defensive game which i feel i hate really

id say a million percent the other way round. you can just sprint with the ball the length of the pitch on this game!

PES a freeer game? are you kidding me? The speed of them CPU Players when the close you down at times is just Bullshit! the way they easily rob you of the ball is also Bullshit..... you reckon thats being Freeer? I think you should play PES6 again like I did the other day and sometimes it talks so much out of its arse its laughable!

Dj

I cant sprint the length of the pitch in PES6 with Adriano... the slowest defender on the game can still catch me/pull me back and foul me and get away with it every single time...

Dj

Quote from the official UEFA CL blog:

Matt Holme said:
Firstly, I want to talk about our exclusive new feature that you’ll only find on the PS2, PSP and PC versions of the game: Quick Controls.

The concept for Quick Controls came from our original pre-production wish list we put together while brainstorming with the new development team. We knew we wanted to include Quick Free Kicks. From there we decided to expand the concept, and give the user the ability to quickly play-on at basically any stop of play.

What we ended up with was a feature that allows you to take not only a quick free-kick, but also a quick throw-in, quick goal-kick and quick corner.

Why. The. Fuck. Do. They. Keep. Coming. Up. With. Great. Features. And. Then. Not. Putting. Them. On. Next. Gen. Consoles.

First it was lower league teams - fair enough, there's a lot of graphics to high-def up. But leaving out a quick set-play feature? WHY?! What is up with these people?! "Oh yeah, I've got a great idea, quick set-plays - not just free-kicks but throw-ins as well, how cool is that?! Oh yeah, don't put them into the next-gen game though. We'd have to make a high-definition 'press RB now' graphic, I can't be arsed with that."

There's tons of information about the game at the official blog - you can see it all HERE.

Why can't they add a tournament mode. So we can do a CL, FA Cup, World cup etc. without having to use this ultimate team bollocks.

Why dont they add the proper champions league mode into FIFA games? rather than being Cash Cows and releasing separate games? I think we should Boycott EA or make a petition saying "Put Champions League Mode into Future FIFA Titles!, No More Cash Cowing!!"

Oh and played the demo of this yesterday, 1st impression? its FIFA 07 with some slight gameplay tweaks (for the better mostly) but its still same old with a new Ultimate Team Gimmick this time.... Worth £40 of our hard earned cash? No! why? Because most of us already have FIFA 07....

Dj

Wow. I just played Fifa 07 then CL straight after. The difference is massive. Firstly graphically its so different. In 07 it seems to have some massive blur over everything, the players look fat and the grass is a sort of geeny blue colour. When you turn on CL, everything is so sharp, players look more real (more thin), and the grass is pure green like it should be.
Gameplay wise, CL is much better too. The slower pace is much better and the long balls are noticably nicer including the shooting. There seem to be a few new animations too. Can't wait till the release next week.

Quite looking forward to this, fancy a change from the slow-paced PES6.

The game will lack depth as usual. We will only be able to play the Champions League and some stupid Card Mode... and we are paying £40 for the priveledge?

Dj

Wow. I just played Fifa 07 then CL straight after. The difference is massive. Firstly graphically its so different. In 07 it seems to have some massive blur over everything, the players look fat and the grass is a sort of geeny blue colour. When you turn on CL, everything is so sharp, players look more real (more thin), and the grass is pure green like it should be.
Gameplay wise, CL is much better too. The slower pace is much better and the long balls are noticably nicer including the shooting. There seem to be a few new animations too. Can't wait till the release next week.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it now. There's a ton of European matches on TV at the minute (UEFA Cup and CL) and it really gets you in the mood, but when I try to play a recreated CL on PES6, I get PES-rage after ten seconds ("why did he just pass to him/amazing how the ball bobbles to them/how come every shot goes over the bar"). When I play the CL demo, it's like a dream. It's nice to see Ronaldinho play like Ronaldinho even though the difficulty is probably on the easiest level - it seems very authentic at times.

As I've said before, I can't see myself buying PES again after realising just how old the game is at it's core and just what can be done with next-gen technology, if the company actually tries (*coughgetyourfingeroutofyourbigfatarseSeabass*).

Why dont they add the proper champions league mode into FIFA games? rather than being Cash Cows and releasing separate games? I think we should Boycott EA or make a petition saying "Put Champions League Mode into Future FIFA Titles!, No More Cash Cowing!!"
A) That's business, they're not going to stop making twice as much money each year because of "morals". B) Personally, I'm all for it, believe it or not. And I'll tell you why... Konami seem to purposefully hold back on things, and fuck features up (even the most ardent PES fan would admit to this if he was honest: with each new version, three things are improved and three things take massive steps backwards). EA seem to try and make the best game possible each year (whether you think FIFA/UEFA is good or crap, they really are trying, and you can see that from the amount of work that has gone into making a next-gen engine). So if they want to take £40 off me twice a year then they can, as long as the game is as playable as it is at the moment and they put that money towards bettering their future versions (and hopefully the lower-league teams will be high-def-ised and added at some point).

Quite looking forward to this, fancy a change from the slow-paced PES6.
It's not so different that you would like it, Diego. It's way too free from PES's stiffness for you to enjoy it. ;) Seriously, if you didn't like FIFA 07, there's no reason why you would enjoy this, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Plus, if you want to play online, the through-balls will kill it for you (even as someone who's looking forward to the game a lot, I cannot believe that it's still the case that all you have to do is press through-pass and you're presented with a one-on-one so often).

Last edited:
I'm starting to love the freeness of it and I get where you're coming from Jack. Really frustrates me how its like the CPU decided whether your shot goes over or not in PES. And you cant direct them. Say the ball comes out from a defensive header from a corner and I'm there with Lamps to smack it. But it either goes miles over or straight into the keepers hands. In Fifa you choose where the shot goes. The better player get more on target and have harder shots etc. I'm liking it. I couldnt enjoy this feature in Fifa 07 because I didnt like the gameplay too much but I'm thinking I'll love CL 06-07

Back
Top Bottom