UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Well this isnt the final build so headers may be improved on final release.

At least I have seen the cpu head the ball now which is an improvement.

Just found out that the longer you hold the heading button down for, the harder the header, and that makes the world of difference; I actually scored a header!! \o/ Fantastic; but they're still not quite right.

Overall, it is a big improvement from FIFA 07. Nothing spectacularly different, but they have seemingly removed all of the bugs (bar the not-quite-human heading), and the movement is a lot better. Exciting to think of the final build... :)

Edit: And as soon as I say that, I press the pass button and Ronaldinho does an overhead-kick... There's something that's not quite right as a whole. The CPU seems to take over sometimes; but not as much as it does in PES. It's still, in my view, the best football game out there.

Edit 2: How great are the new goal replays?! :D

Last edited:
I know they are fantastic.

I smacked the post and the sticky posts seem to have been fixed.

I think once we get to ramp up the difficulty and stick the passing aids off this game will be a treat.

I still want to be able to do tap ins but every time I tap the shoot button when 1 on 1 he does a sort of shot which looks like he's smacking it. Can't you do tap ins?

Cowden, it does seem like the sticky-posts issue has been fixed. I've hit both posts and the ball has pinged straight back into play... But I haven't hit the crossbar yet. Have you?

Noted, if you hold the special-shot button (I forget its proper name) down, does that help? No idea if it does, just a suggestion...

Oca_mjaw, the demo doesn't let you change anything but in the full game, you can change the camera (zoomed out, broadcast one, broadcast two etc), but not the camera angle.

Well I didn't see that one coming... *Sigh* Fair enough, but it's still better than PES, and you can do tricks if you learn how.

*cancels download*

Ha!

My buddy bought FIFA 07 for XBox, it's ridiculously easy. Trick stick, trick stick, pass, turn, score. I tried to show him the light (PES) but I gues WE2007 for the 360 wasn't the best game to give him a first impression of the series, I let him borrow WE9 for XBox and mentioned to him that my "outdated" game from last year has Cole, Reyes, Baptista, etc on their correct teams while his new game has them wrong...

Nets are still the same crap?

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

I think I will still download it to see for myself. After all, it is free of charge.

Be back with my comments later tonight.

Peace!

I just can not advocate this game.

I played the Fifa 07 demo before this while it was downloading and even though that game had issues this game's "unknown" difficulty(I was never a fan of the AI even in amateur was hard)and just very scripted way of playing has detered me. i'll rent the full version and see though...

what do you want a badge? If you have nothing constructive to say why bother.

Who died and made you 'he who must be obeyed'?

He gave his views, constructive or not, so cut him slack lad.

I have played the demo once, and then played the Brian Lara game. Anyhow, first impressions for me, I like it, alot, but will play a few more times. Not sure I would drop 40 notes on it though........

guys. do you knwo if this will be available to silver members, i used a 48 hour gold trial and i still couldnt downlaod this which sucks, i know your going to come back and say, get gold etc but some of us cannot afford it!
do you know if they are released for a limited time for gold only and then released to silver members?

I will download this tonight, but with most EA football games I don't ever get my hopes up. A few questions:

Do the player models still look like fat boxers?
Are the players faces NOTHING like their real-life counterparts?
Is the view on the left wing still 'too distant'?
Does the ref blow his whistle every two seconds?
Is this just another 'FIFA Hype' title or is it an actually good football game?
Are the menus still confusing and annoying?

Do the player models still look like fat boxers? Not as much, they do look thinner, rem I have only played one game.

Are the players faces NOTHING like their real-life counterparts? Only got a close up of Messi and he looked decent.

Is the view on the left wing still 'too distant'? I found the view too far for my liking in the demo.

Does the ref blow his whistle every two seconds? Nope, aint noticed yet, and had some tasty challenges too

Is this just another 'FIFA Hype' title or is it an actually good football game? Not sure yet.

Are the menus still confusing and annoying? Very few menus you can bring up.

Don't be tight guys, you can get a gold membership from Ebay for £12 these days!

BTW, cheers for the reply Holio. When I posted 'too distant' I did mean too far.

El Diego, you won't like it, I can tell you now. It's improved from FIFA 07 but not a huge amount. Having loved FIFA 07 and gone off PES for life, I love this game, and the little changes make it a lot of fun. But if you don't like FIFA 07, I'm sure you won't like this.

I will say though, if you think the graphics in PES are better than this (watch the celebrations when you score, especially where the camera zooms into the faces), then you need to go to Specsavers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom