TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Yes roster is very underwhelming. I'm not gonna pay though £3.99-£7.99 for Nadal or any extra player. It's one of the reasons I didn't buy Dragon's Dogma 2. Sorry but I'm too old and I think wise and experienced enough to avoid be scammed and treated like an idiot by all these greedy companies. I'd rather save the money and buy something nice for my children. Whoever is behind these predatory tactics (2K, ATP, WTA) should be ashamed.
I would go with 2K.
All their games are stupidly overpriced and full of paid DLC.

Why would you do that? That's just supporting this greedy business model.
I don't like the model either, but if EAFC25 turned out to be the best football game ever (despite all the odds), I'd gladly pay as much as the FUT guys do to keep playing Career Mode. Scummy model or otherwise.

Attack the model, sure, but don't attack individuals.

I don't like the model either, but if EAFC25 turned out to be the best football game ever (despite all the odds), I'd gladly pay as much as the FUT guys do to keep playing Career Mode. Scummy model or otherwise.

Attack the model, sure, but don't attack individuals.
Fair enough! Didn't mean to "attack" or to be mean, sorry if it sounded like that.

The only tennis game i played was the first top spin on ps2. I played the game to death. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to get back playing tennis game. Hope the career mode is as good as top spin 1's

I don't wanna be the hate guy for Top Spink 2k25 but come on, that gameplay does not really look like real tennis at all. Ball movement is reminding me of badminton in some way. You hit a strong shot and then almost immediately speed of the ball is 10 % of the original speed.

It just does not look fun or real in any way. God, I hope I'm wrong but I feel this game is gonna be a big failure.

It looks so bad.
There seems to be very little punishment for getting stuff wrong unless they are on an incredibly easy skill level.

The way the ball moves doesn't look right either.

The more I read and see of this game the worse it looks, although TBH when I saw the developer I didn't have high hopes for the title given it is the same developer who completely destroyed one of the best games of all time.

Better players, better game
Better! Reminds me of the rallies I'd have against mates on TS4. TS4 is the only game that literally made me sweat. That's how intense and gruelling many of the points were against a quality opponent.

Watched it from 5:10 - 5.55 it looks absolute trash.
It is such a sorry state console tennis games are in.
How are two top players able to stand on the edge of the box and hit the ball back to each other? Without someone winning an easy point.

Here is hoping the final game plays alright, as even when you watch other tennis games they don't look particularly very good.

Watched it from 5:10 - 5.55 it looks absolute trash.
It is such a sorry state console tennis games are in.
How are two top players able to stand on the edge of the box and hit the ball back to each other? Without someone winning an easy point.

Here is hoping the final game plays alright, as even when you watch other tennis games they don't look particularly very good.
Nah, it's not as bad as it looks, the Djoko guy was not good, bad shot selection/execution, so Fed got away with many points there at about 5 mins. If it works like TS4, as soon as you are out of position, or midcourt, you're done for against anyone decent. As they just have to hit a well-timed shot into the space and you'll lose the point.

I just don't understand how the big studio can have worse anims and fluid of the game than just one single developer with Full Ace Tennis or the other one with Tennis Elbow. Even Top Spin 4 looks better than this.

Let's hope that final gamepley would be much better and feel better. Hopefully AI opponents are much better than these stupid human vs human matches all over YouTube.

TOPSPIN 2K25 GAME MODE DETAILS REVEALED​

MyCAREER, 2K Tour, World Tour, MyPLAYERS and TopSpin Academy highlighted in latest Centre Court Report

Today, 2K revealed more gameplay footage and details highlighting the different game modes and customization options of TopSpin 2K25.

In the latest TopSpin 2K25 Centre Court Report: Meet the Modes developer video, developers Remi Ercolani, Game Director and Jesse Scott, Associate Principal Designer walk viewers through the player journey, starting out at the TopSpin Academy where players can master core gameplay mechanics. Guided by the voice of tennis icon John McEnroe, TopSpin Academy leads players through Basic Lessons demonstrating fundamentals such as positioning, timing and shot selection, followed by Advanced Lessons that teach advanced techniques such as power serves, lob shots and more, as well as Playstyle Lessons, which show off the strengths and weaknesses of various playstyles players can chose to apply when building their custom MyPLAYER.

Players may then wish to jump into Exhibition matches. Offline Exhibition matches include single player singles or single player doubles with an AI partner, as well as local multiplayer singles or doubles with human partners, supporting up to four players. Online Exhibition multiplayer with skill-based random matchmaking will also be available at launch, supporting cross-platform play, with multiplayer between friends planned for the near future.

For players who have developed their skills in TopSpin Academy and practiced in Exhibition matches, the next step offers three options: 2K Tour, MyCAREER and World Tour. In 2K Tour, players select one of the licensed pros and go online to challenge another player and their selected pro. Each day, certain featured pros and objectives offer players the opportunity to earn points and climb the 2K Tour leaderboard.

MyCAREER presents players with the opportunity to create their own custom MyPLAYER and rise through the Men’s or Women’s Tour rankings by competing in a series of small to large tournaments, including all four Grand Slam® tournaments, while chasing the World #1 ranking. Incorporating a wide variety of unique hairstyles, skin tones, body types, prosthetics, apparel, animations and play style options, MyPLAYERs offer players the opportunity to truly customize their appearance and experience. In addition to customizing their MyPLAYER and demonstrating the skills they’ve developed, players will also need to engage in a bit of athlete management in MYCAREER, as they decide which events to play and skip, and manage fatigue and energy levels.

After building up a MyPLAYER in MyCAREER, World Tour is the ultimate test. In World Tour, players take their custom MyPLAYER online to challenge other MyPLAYERs. By winning matches and tournaments, players earn Tournament Points, climb the global leaderboard, and claim glory. By playing and winning matches and tournaments in any game mode, players earn XP and VC. XP can be used to improve MyPLAYER attributes and unlock coaches and fittings to define play style, while VC can also be used to redistribute MyPLAYER attribute points, hire coaches, purchase fittings, animations, and apparel to give MyPLAYERs a striking fashion sense, and more.

The TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition and Grand Slam® Edition will be available April 23, 2024 - up to three days ahead* of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions! TopSpin 2K25 Standard and Cross-Gen Editions will be available Friday, April 26, 2024.

Pre-order** TopSpin 2K25 Standard Edition or Standard Cross-Gen Edition and receive the Under the Lights Pack, featuring Alternate Outfits for Serena Williams and Roger Federer, Wilson Nightfall Bundle, and Night-Time Majors. The Under the Lights Pack is also included with the Deluxe and Grand Slam® Editions. Additional information on the TopSpin 2K25 Centre Court Passes and more will be shared soon.

Developed by Hangar 13, TopSpin 2K25 is rated E for Everyone from the ESRB. For more information on TopSpin 2K25, please visit https://topspin.2k.com/. Follow TopSpin 2K on TikTok, Instagram, X, YouTube, and Facebook for the latest TopSpin 2K25 news.

Hangar 13 is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

Internet connection and online Account (minimum age varies) required to access online features and redeem and use bonus content, including MyCAREER, MyPLAYER, 2K Tour and World Tour. See www.take2games.com/legal and www.take2games.com/privacy for additional details. Some in-game content may require online gameplay to unlock. Online console play may require separate paid platform subscription and account registration. Terms apply.

*Early Access available for Deluxe and Grand Slam® Editions only. Early Access for physical copies of TopSpin 2K25 Deluxe Edition only available at participating retailers and stores in select territories while stocks last. See
TopSpin2K.com for more details.

**Internet connection and a 2K Account required to redeem bonus content. Digital pre-orders: TopSpin 2K25 Under the Lights Pack will be automatically entitled in game at launch. Physical pre-orders: Pre-order to guarantee access to the TopSpin 2K25 Under the Lights Pack which will be delivered via code in box to be redeemed in game. TopSpin 2K25 Under the Lights Pack included within the Deluxe and Grand Slam® Editions.Terms apply.

https://newsroom.2k.com/news/topspin-2k25-game-mode-details-revealed

One week left and we dont know anything about grand slam edition, online career, online exhibition, season passes. Amateurs

I played this game on ps2 to death and everytime I see gameplay or other trailer I can't believe how 2K can't improve animations like in Nba games. Too sad it looks like ps2 game with improved resolition and graphics.

I played this game on ps2 to death and everytime I see gameplay or other trailer I can't believe how 2K can't improve animations like in Nba games. Too sad it looks like ps2 game with improved resolition and graphics.
Their dev leader said already they didn't work from scratch on this new title so at least they've been quite honest. They added some animations and reworked the textures here and there. It's going to be a Top Spin 4.5 and hopefully they'll build from here for the next iteration.

Some footage from today streams

Brice and Brak streaming (french)
Vidéo Myplayer et le double

Federer Vs Agassi

Federer Vs Medvedev

Mode MyCareer stream from miniminter

Spanish stream

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom