TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

New patch is out:
Game Content:

• New Pro-Player: World No. 1 Jannik Sinner
  • New Venue: G-Court, which was co-created with Gucci
  • New Tennis Styles (animations)
  • New Pre-Match animations, Messages, and Titles
  • New Cosmetics: Several MyPlayer tops, bottoms, outfits, and shoes, including Gucci tennis apparel, and more!
  • New Pro Outfits
  • New Season 2 Centre Court Pass
Quality of Life Adjustments:

• Power attribute balancing updates to close the power gap between players with a medium power attribute and a high power attribute
  • Added Line Call Review option to replay menu
  • Added handling of player forfeit for disconnecting after a match is created but not started
  • Tweaks to AI difficulty to improve the dynamic quality of gameplay
  • Tweaks to UI for rewards and Centre Court Pass progression
  • Tweaks to UI Game Helpers
  • Updated World Tour and 2K Tour match formats to:
    • 3 Sets Per Match
    • 3 Games Per Set
    • Last Set is a Super Tie-Break
  • Added new Pro Outfit section in the Cosmetics tab of the Pro Shop
Game Adjustments:

• Steam Deck-specific optimizations and improvements
  • Addressed reported concerns related to unpausing coach objectives
  • Addressed reported concerns related to transitioning to a match with Court Comms active.
  • Addressed reported concern related to normal serve objective where medium serves were not counted towards the goal
  • Addressed reported concerns related to a scenario where AI may fail to return the ball when in a good position
  • Updated the game objective trigger logic to ensure rewards are given appropriately
  • Minor tweaks to texture compression quality in various locations
  • Various minor polish for in-game courts and cosmetics
  • Server optimizations and improvements
Concerns We Are Investigating:

• Serve Balancing: Exploring adjustments to limit the frequency and ease of hitting highly effective wide serves for players with low/medium serve attributes
  • Fatigue Balancing in MyCAREER:
    • Investigating improvements to the user interface to better communicate the chances of getting injured before each match
    • Assessing changes to make it easier to progress in tournaments without getting too low on energy or injuries
  • Clay Court Improvements: Looking into removing slides on clay when returning a serve

There was a stealth tuner which nerfed serves and power. A proper patch is coming next week addressing some balancing issues.
I'm still playing this one non stop despite the obvious lack of modes and licenced players. 2K needs to listen and give us what we ask. It's shocking they might choose to let this gem die. Give us custom tournaments and more rounds per tournament in career mode. It's just a week's devs work to implement these ffs.

New update just went live:

Serve Balancing

• The Serve attribute plays a bigger role in the outcome (power and precision) of each serve
  • Hitting wide serves (close to the sideline) is now riskier:
    • The spread is bigger when aiming wide than when aiming in the center.
    • The ball is more likely to go in the net if the spread extends too far beyond the sideline. This change better represents the added risk of aiming wide and trying to go over the higher part of the net. This only affects flat and slice power and advanced serves.
  • The perfect timing window on serves is a little shorter
  • Slightly limited how far from the center of the court the server can move before serving
  • Sliding swing animations have been disabled for returns of serve
MyCAREER:

• Increased the time and failed shot limits for "Serve Bullseye" and "Shot Selector" training event in MyCAREER, to allow players with low/mid serve attribute to more successfully complete the event
  • Updated MyCAREER energy warning to be more descriptive before committing to an event
Steam Deck:

• Steam Deck-specific optimizations
General:

• Additional game stability improvements
  • Addressed reported concerns with hiring coaches

Have they patched out the severe hand holding from the game yet?
I might give this another try when that happens.
No. I think I've already explained why this can't be done under this engine code. Game needs to be build from scratch to implement any options of full manual, semi or automatic movement. This game is based on TS4 code.

Just a heads up. The game has made serious steps towards sim after this update. Just finished 1st set vs Knapek 6-3 after 37m59sec. The whole set screamed quality. Serves are balanced cpu AI engages in more rallies. 38mins, if this set went to tie break we're talking easily of 1h+ of a set which is unbelievable even in TS4 standards.

Just a heads up. The game has made serious steps towards sim after this update. Just finished 1st set vs Knapek 6-3 after 37m59sec. The whole set screamed quality. Serves are balanced cpu AI engages in more rallies. 38mins, if this set went to tie break we're talking easily of 1h+ of a set which is unbelievable even in TS4 standards.
I decided to play TS4, yesterday. Me as Federer v Nadal on highest difficulty and all assists off. My 1st set length was about the same amount of time. And I had some long rallies. It was epic and very enjoyable and very difficult. Only game that actually makes me sweat due to how tough the sets are.

Top spin 2K25 is less simulation than TieBreak. Ok some animations are better but the overall gameplay has too much scripted.
If you make 1h to make a set on Tiebreak, you didn't used the right shot to finish the point.

I saw the same thing on AO tennis 2 when people have an average of 30 rallies to win/lose the point, crazy! They didn't used risky shots and are playing with the cursor...

Top spin 2K25 is less simulation than TieBreak. Ok some animations are better but the overall gameplay has too much scripted.
If you make 1h to make a set on Tiebreak, you didn't used the right shot to finish the point.

I saw the same thing on AO tennis 2 when people have an average of 30 rallies to win/lose the point, crazy! They didn't used risky shots and are playing with the cursor...
You're probably the only one claiming TS 2k25 is less simulation than TieBreak. Your videos prove exactly the opposite.

You're probably the only one claiming TS 2k25 is less simulation than TieBreak. Your videos prove exactly the opposite.
I'm probably the only one who has playing both too. You can't feel the gameplay with a video. Too many script on TS 2K25, TP 4 is far better than TS 2K25.

I'm playing for myself, not to prove something.
A game who decided sometimes which shot I have to do, even if I push another shot style, sorry but I can't call it simulation.

I'm probably the only one who has playing both too. You can't feel the gameplay with a video. Too many script on TS 2K25, TP 4 is far better than TS 2K25.

I'm playing for myself, not to prove something.
A game who decided sometimes which shot I have to do, even if I push another shot style, sorry but I can't call it simulation.
OK. Whatever. There's no way the game decides the shot for you. Idk what you're taking about. TS4 is almost the same game as TS 2k25.
I'm not giving any money to BigAnt. I'm not an idiot. Trust me I can tell if a tennis videogame is good just by watching videos. I bought TS4, TS 2k25, Tennis Elbow and Full Ace because I watched gameplay videos.

Maybe a silly question, I am thinking of buying this but do I need an Xbox game pass to play career mode?
I don’t play games online and I don’t want to have to pay extra just to play a career.

Maybe a silly question, I am thinking of buying this but do I need an Xbox game pass to play career mode?
I don’t play games online and I don’t want to have to pay extra just to play a career.
After a night’s sleep I read a bit more and people complaining that single player has to be online and that the servers expire in December 2026. That’s a no no for me then :(

After a night’s sleep I read a bit more and people complaining that single player has to be online and that the servers expire in December 2026. That’s a no no for me then :(
December 2026 is almost 2.5yrs away. Another Top Spin will be released the latest April 2026. I understand your point and it's really bad that single player is tight to online. That said, if you like tennis you'll have surely some fun with the game this period. I think currently it's on sale for £29.99 which is a very fair price for what the game offers.
Yesterday's update made the game better also despite some people complaining. Hangar 13 did the right thing by balancing serve returns to allow powered returns which result to less very long rallies. I haven't played online but in single player it was great watching the cpu catching me off guard with good baseline returns. It's more realistic in career mode now. I had 2 exceptional games last night against the cpu on very hard difficulty.

I highly recommend Full Ace tennis with its mod...

Is that only on PC or Xbox too? I saw a youtube video which looked quite good.
December 2026 is almost 2.5yrs away. Another Top Spin will be released the latest April 2026. I understand your point and it's really bad that single player is tight to online. That said, if you like tennis you'll have surely some fun with the game this period. I think currently it's on sale for £29.99 which is a very fair price for what the game offers.
Yesterday's update made the game better also despite some people complaining. Hangar 13 did the right thing by balancing serve returns to allow powered returns which result to less very long rallies. I haven't played online but in single player it was great watching the cpu catching me off guard with good baseline returns. It's more realistic in career mode now. I had 2 exceptional games last night against the cpu on very hard difficulty.

Good point, but just to confirm does that mean I have to pay for Xbox game pass?

OK. Whatever. There's no way the game decides the shot for you. Idk what you're taking about. TS4 is almost the same game as TS 2k25.
I'm not giving any money to BigAnt. I'm not an idiot. Trust me I can tell if a tennis videogame is good just by watching videos. I bought TS4, TS 2k25, Tennis Elbow and Full Ace because I watched gameplay videos.
Of course you can't tell if a video game is good or bad from a video, it's just a matter of remembering pes 2014

Of course you can't tell if a video game is good or bad from a video, it's just a matter of remembering pes 2014
If you've played tennis games for 40 years you can tell by gameplay videos if they're decent. I'm not saying that you might get a different feel while actually playing but I can tell how the fundamentals are implemented or not. As I'm a single player gamer I can right away spot how good or not is the cpu AI, how ball placement works and the ball physics.
Saturator has posted some very nice videos of Tiebreak where you can see glimpses of good gameplay ruined by the brain dead AI. Sometimes he leaves 2/3 of the court wide open and the cpu hits the ball back to him even on expert difficulty. This never happens in Top Spin. Cpu will punish you immediately.
I'm not expecting BigAnt to have AI coding as 2K, even new Top Spin's coding is based on the incredible work of TS4 devs, but it's not that difficult to put 5 lines of coding for situations like I described.

Back
Top Bottom