Top Gear

The Ferrari looks nicer than the Vantage imo. I didn't like the vents on the bonnet of the Vantage at all.

I like the rear of the ferrari but the front is bleh

But that ferrari is an entirely new car.

The v12 vantage is basically the old vantage with more power and slight subtle design chances. Ferarri always seem to aim their cars at 12yr olds. Aston Martins always have an elegance and style about them and are adored by young and old.

Always prefered Astons to Ferrari's though

It's so obviously fake now from start to finish that it's not worth watching (IMHO of course), it gets more and more stupid each time.

I don't mind them trying to be funny but they're trying a bit too hard now, "oh look that lorry just hit that car completely by accident, I'm serious" - I actually feel insulted by it, it's TV for idiots now. It's not about the cars any more, it's some really shite attempt at a sitcom.

Kind of agree with Chris about this - who makes a decent honest review of cars these days? No-one. On Top Gear they just seem to go "ohhh yesssss!" and do loads of handbrake turns and silly challenges. Combining a car programme with It's A Knockout (showing my age now) is good entertainment but doesn't tell me what I wish to know about cars.....

I find their epic country races (even if I know its scripted and probably staged) to be the main attraction of the show. imo the best episodes I can think of are the Vietnam one and the Tokyo one.

Agree, just watch it as entertainment and enjoy the images jokes.

Although, like Chris said, the lorry scene was OTT. They have seemed to have gone just a bit too far now which is a shame.

It's so obviously fake now from start to finish that it's not worth watching (IMHO of course), it gets more and more stupid each time.

I don't mind them trying to be funny but they're trying a bit too hard now, "oh look that lorry just hit that car completely by accident, I'm serious" - I actually feel insulted by it, it's TV for idiots now. It's not about the cars any more, it's some really shite attempt at a sitcom.

I was thinking the same. It's starting to feel a bit too forced and almost as if it's trying to appeal more to a kiddie audience.

It's still very entertaining though, and the best car show ever. As Nick said, it's never been a serious motoring magazine show, more like the automotive televisual version of Nuts magazine. If they filmed their road trips straight-up they would probably be very uneventful so they need to manufacture a few scrapes to keep it entertaining. But the lorry scene was a bit insulting to an adult audience.

It's the most beautifully shot TV programme on air in my opinion and that's why I watch it. The Aston Martin scene at the end of the last series was awesome.

It's not about the cars anymore, but the only reason to watch it is because of things like taking great cars on the trip they took.

Where else on TV can you get to watch three supercars being driven around a country, being able to drive under a bloody palace, and going through gypsy territory to find some random amazing road?

Back
Top Bottom