Top Gear

They pretty much confirmed it was BS at the end showing his lap. Thought it was rubbish while they were doing the interview, all that bacardi safedriving nonsense. They probably wanted to test the new ferrari on the lap and only got permission to do it with Schumi and he only wanted to do it if he got to plug bacardi/fiat.

just a stunt to big up the new series, still a massive coup that they got him on, and hes a great guy for playing along with it.

that Ferrari is his aswell, so to fling it around like he did...

just a stunt to big up the new series, still a massive coup that they got him on, and hes a great guy for playing along with it.

that Ferrari is his aswell, so to fling it around like he did...
It put who ever the Stig is in his place, it may be quick but it blitz everything else, I'd like to see what Shui could do in the rest, how damn clean and smooth was his driving.
Best there has been, he could still beat this lot...

i suppose the deal with him was the only way they could get ahold of a fxx.
and while the car surely is capable of producing the fastest time i am pretty sure most of the 7 seconds were down to his incredible skills...

Well the FXX has slicks, so that'll account for a couple of seconds, and it has 860bhp which is more than the Gumpert in 2nd....but yeah, take nothing away from the guy, he'd be doing a far better job in the Ferrari F1 car this season than Massa and Raikonnen are at the minute.

Some very cool drag races last night. They should do those more often between the top cars. Gives a better comparison then a tenth/sec lap time difference.

The supercars were the only good parts about last nights show. I adore the McLaren F1, it's been my favourite car since it came out in 1993, so to see it against one of my favourite modern cars was great, shame there wasn't enough of it. The Lambo vs SLR race was fantastic as well, the sound of the LP670-4 was orgasmic.

The challenge was really, really desperate I thought. I think they've ran out of ideas.

Steven Fry doesn't entertain me in the slightest, so it was even worse considering he's already been on it, and they had nothing to talk about, so I turned over at that point.

And finally the news section, which is ALWAYS good, was so uninteresting and unfunny that I can't remember anything they talked about.

Maybe I need a break from Top Gear, and this series is looking like giving me a reason for taking it.

The supercars were the only good parts about last nights show. I adore the McLaren F1, it's been my favourite car since it came out in 1993, so to see it against one of my favourite modern cars was great, shame there wasn't enough of it. The Lambo vs SLR race was fantastic as well, the sound of the LP670-4 was orgasmic.

The challenge was really, really desperate I thought. I think they've ran out of ideas.

Steven Fry doesn't entertain me in the slightest, so it was even worse considering he's already been on it, and they had nothing to talk about, so I turned over at that point.

And finally the news section, which is ALWAYS good, was so uninteresting and unfunny that I can't remember anything they talked about.

Maybe I need a break from Top Gear, and this series is looking like giving me a reason for taking it.

:SHAKE:

Get to Uni...

Its one of the few decent entertainment programmes on the BBC and you should Fry on QI also a genuinely entertaining and informative programme amidst an increasingly dumbed down BBC.

Schumi is a great guy and I'm sure he ould still do a job right now.

Catch James May in his 'Search For Space' and programmes on BBC4 relating to the 1969 lunar landing.

Its one of the few decent entertainment programmes on the BBC and you should Fry on QI also a genuinely entertaining and informative programme amidst an increasingly dumbed down BBC.

Schumi is a great guy and I'm sure he ould still do a job right now.

Catch James May in his 'Search For Space' and programmes on BBC4 relating to the 1969 lunar landing.

Watched it it was very good, I think May is great at this kind of thing...

2z6sdh2.png

Madison Welch

The last few minutes of Sunday's top gear is one of the most beautiful pieces of TV I have ever seen. I found it quite moving.

YouTube - An Ending - From Top Gear's Final Episode for Season 13

I don't know why rumours have been flying around the net that this was the last top gear ever, they pretty much said it will be back in November. Clarkson was just lamenting the possible end of the supercar. Sadly I think he might be right.:(

I don't know why rumours have been flying around the net that this was the last top gear ever, they pretty much said it will be back in November. Clarkson was just lamenting the possible end of the supercar. Sadly I think he might be right.:(

It's one of the BBC's biggest shows, it was the most watched show on Sunday...

It will be back for sure... ;)

It was a good ending...

It was nice.

The bastard still teasing everyone about the Stig, saying that since they won't test new cars till November, Shumi is free to take Massa's place in the F1.

haha its not teasing, its sarcasm, he isnt the stig!

the stig was the Ascari test driver, boring i know.

Shumi was free anyway he works for the ferrari f1 team and is always there at the races.

And yes the v12 vantage piece was absolutley beautiful. The car, the scenery the noise. Somehow i think it wont be the end of the supercar, we will adapt, and make no mistake, petrol will still be around for a while.

It's not a patch on the V12 Vantage, but it's still a lovely looking car (well, apart from the rear).

Much better than any current Ferrari. (though again not a patch on a 348, 355, 550/575, 456, etc)

Back
Top Bottom