Thoughts about the Super League

sorry for the formatting.

Quotes from the Perez interview with El Chiringuito TV:

>"More competitive games will make everyone earn more money."
>"We came to the conclusion that by doing the Super League instead of the CL we could help the lost income."
>"You have to make profitable income by making more competitive games"
>"The Super League will save clubs financially."
>"Here at Real Madrid we lost a lot of money and we're in a very bad situation. Top clubs in Spain and England are coming to conclusions about fixing football. Madrid alone lost €400m and nothing was being done about that."
>"When you have no other revenue bar broadcast rights, you find a solution to produce more attractive games that allow fans from around the world to see the big clubs playing against each other."
>"The more competitive the games, the more exciting and the higher the revenue. That is how we can survive."
>"UEFA threats? Football has to hange, it has to evolve, like every industry in the world, football needs to adapt to change."
>"Football was losing interest from fans, we need a change."
>"16 - 24 year old fans of that age don't have interest in football. Football needs to adapt to the new generations now."
>"We have to change something to make this sport more attractive at a global level. That's what we did with Bernabeu."
>"The Super League will generate more money. It's more attractive. Manchester-Barca will be more attractive than Manchester vs a smaller team."
>"Money is the most important thing, it will be better for everyone."
>"The Super League is like the Champions League."
>"Teams can come in to the Super League, we never thought of that it's not a closed league, and we always thought about sporting merit. Sevilla can perfectly join the Super League the same way they can go to the CL in their league position."
>"We have 15 teams + another 5 teams. Those 5 teams will earn their place every season."
>"If you win, you receive €120-130m from UEFA but with Super League we will earn much more."
>"The new Champions League format will not save football. I don't understand it, it won't help anything."
>"UEFA is a monopoly, what we're trying to do is save football. They must be transparent, and UEFA never has had a good history."
>"I don't know why UEFA has been threatening since our press release says we would work out with them and FIFA."
>"The players can stay totally calm about their national teams. The ban can't happen."
>"Eliminated from the UCL? It is just a threat. Real Madrid won't be knocked out of the Champions League. Same for the others."
>"La Liga will not kick anyone out."
>"UEFA is a monopoly and it has to end. Football is on the verge of ending. We have to act, quick."
>"I repeat, it is not a closed league. Sevilla can enter."
>"How can La Liga lose prestige? It won't lose value with the Super League. Those two competitions can coexist."
>"Football needs to be more attractive. Younger people now have other hobbies."
>"Champions League is attractive only from the quarterfinals. Nobody cares about the games before."
>"We haven't invited PSG, and didn't talk to any German club yet."
>"If PSG and Bayern Munich refuse, the Super League competition will not be canceled. This is an erroneous claim."
>"The 15 founding clubs are the ones that matter the most in terms of entertainment. Others likes of Napoli and Roma will have a chance to be in the competition one year or another, then we'll see."
>"Everyone says that the Super League is the rich club's league, when that's not true, it's the league to save football."
>"Boris Johnson said he will do everything to cancel the Super League? Someone must have told to him that the Premier League would disappear: it's false, it's not true. Everything will go back to normal."
>"Real Madrid won't start from zero because all our titles won't be forgotten. We will always fight for every single title. The Champions League is losing interest."
>"I want to assure, no team can be eliminated from the UCL this season. Why? It's impossible legally."
>"Super League will lose interest? No because the games will be between big clubs."
>"Real Madrid don't pay me anything. If I want to get a shirt, I'll buy it"
>"We don't want the rich teams to be richer and poor teams to be poorer. Football is a unity. Right now it's at a freefall."
>"VAR, referees. Everything will change, for the good"
>"I didn't have to convince Laporta to join, this Super League will help Barcelona and football. They are in a bad moment. This is the worst situation I've ever seen in 20 years, economically."
>"We have been working on this project for a long time."
>"We sold players we did not want to sell to make money. We lost 300 to 400m due to the pandemic. My players have had to lower their salary, the same for my employees. It's a huge mess"
>"All the clubs signed for the Super League on Saturday, not yesterday. The contract is binding, nobody will leave. There will be no problems between all the clubs, everything is already agreed."
>"We'll only select the best referees, under a professional criteria."
>"Clubs are losing too much money. Big clubs and small clubs. TV rights have changed. We only earn 20% from TV rights."
>"As I said, nobody can leave. We will all work together."
>"We might have to make the football match shorter if it's not interesting"
>"I'm a believer in transparency, I'm fully aware on how much LeBron James makes, but I don't know how much the UEFA president makes. Why?"
>"We had to lower our salaries. I have a feeling that UEFA did not."
>"There will be a salary cap at 55%."
>"We haven't talked to Tebas recently. We'll talk to UEFA and FIFA."
>"To make it simple, we want to make it the same as how basketball is. (an independent European league, like the EuroLeague)."
>"If they want to wait for 2024 to make the reform, they can wait. We're not waiting for anyone."
>"Football is in danger, and I'm working with the other teams to save football."
>"If UEFA don’t want to come to an agreement, we won’t back down. Because we need the Super League.”
>"There are some matches I can't stand to watch."
>"The big clubs will share the money, like a pyramid. We could even have a second divison of the Super League."

Wow. That's made me mad. Tells us everything about their mind set doesn't it.

So many ironic statements too.

>"Champions League is attractive only from the quarterfinals. Nobody cares about the games before."

So we want to create a similar league which by half way through most of the games will be irrelevant.

So get together with all the other clubs and enforce one amongst yourselves. You're the people who keep raising them.

No, if you stop paying out most of your income to your players that will save your clubs financially.

>"We sold players we did not want to sell to make money. We lost 300 to 400m due to the pandemic. My players have had to lower their salary, the same for my employees. It's a huge mess"

Run your club better then.

>"The Super League will generate more money. It's more attractive. Manchester-Barca will be more attractive than Manchester vs a smaller team."

Rivalry comes from fans attending games not tv. Manchester Utd v Leeds will always be more attractive to those two sets of fans than Man Utd v Barcelona will ever be.

>"16 - 24 year old fans of that age don't have interest in football. Football needs to adapt to the new generations now."

My mate's son came to his first game at 12 having not been that interested before. By half time he was hooked and has been to every home game since for the last five years even begging his dad to take him all the away games as well.

>"We have 15 teams + another 5 teams. Those 5 teams will earn their place every season."

Oh so those not worthy can earn their place while you sit at the top table and take all the cash.

>"How can La Liga lose prestige? It won't lose value with the Super League. Those two competitions can coexist."

Right so this 15+5 teams will make a 38 game season which you're going to play alongside La Liga are you? Nonsense.

>"The 15 founding clubs are the ones that matter the most in terms of entertainment. Others likes of Napoli and Roma will have a chance to be in the competition one year or another, then we'll see."

What a condescending twat.

If it wasn't for the genuine fans of those clubs (by the way who are the extra 3 clubs I thought it was 12?) I'd say let them crash and burn. Dump them, we don't need clubs run by people like that and the rest of football can get on without them.

Their tv audience in Asia might all be fans of these 'big' clubs. But they seem to forget there are far more football fans of all the other clubs combined than those 12(15).

Wouldn't it be sweet to see them play in empty stadiums as real football fans boycott it completely. One can hope.

Last edited:
Something else that occurs to me, after digesting this:

...and Jonathan Wilson's comments in this article:

"[There is] a tacit acknowledgement of the serious financial issues afflicting many of the super clubs. Barcelona is $1.5 billion in debt, but that is only the most striking of the figures. Inter is $375 million in debt [...] Juventus’s debt is over $400 million. Tottenham has taken out an emergency loan from the Bank of England."

These clubs' debt is different to everyone else's. Clubs in the lower leagues who are £100k in debt are in much greater danger than a Spanish superclub that continues to spend money like they are somehow entitled to it, without ever returning it, because they used to be great.

Maybe it's just me who feels this way - call me bitter for what I am about to say, but first bear in mind that I have seen clubs around me (here in the north-west of England) left broken by businessmen with no morals... and it's not just the clubs that are broken, but communities too.

(That is, until fan-backed or fan-run clubs come in to save the day - because they won't let football die.)

So yeah, with this in mind...

...wouldn't it be just fucking delicious, if the footballing authorities really did kick them out, if "The Super League" died on its arse, and the clubs were left with such debt (and no magical way to worm out of it) that they all went under?

Give me AFC Liverpool over the actual Liverpool any day - now that Liverpool, a club I genuinely considered to be "different from other clubs" and a club with a soul that could never die, showed themselves to be as corrupt as all the others. Fuck them.

As the fans themselves have pointed out, Liverpool F.C. died today.

I'm intrigued to see what managers and players from the "breakaway clubs" have to say. Can their souls be bought so easily?
There is another reason and that is the reason why Florentino Perez is the leader of this gang.
Until very recent both Real Madrid and Barcelona got preferential treatment from the Spanish banks, Recently, the EU has forbidden this preferrential treatment. This would apply even more financial pressure on both Barcelona and Real Madrid. They desperately need the cash.

yesterday on Belgian television there wad an interview with Michael Verschueren (Anderlecht) who is a member of the task force that has to develop a new format for the CL. The president of that taskforce, is Agnelli, who is alos president of Juventus. As late as last sunday Agnelli had secret talks with Ceferin (who is the godfather of Agnelli's daughter) about the new CL format. What he really did was spying for the 12 clubs who want to form a rogue Super League.

One word comes to my mind: scum. Juventus and Real Madrid are among the biggest cheaters in the history of football. They think they are above every law and i'm afraid they effectively are.

As for English clubs, since Brexit the EU has no influence whatsoever in all this on them.

Wouldn't you think a format like this, similar to the one used in the early '90s, with all the rounds being home/away knock out (and the final being a single match in a neutral venue) would be better in terms of equality and in terms of "show"?

Sorry for double post but I didn't want to lose this at the end of my previous one.

This is exactly what the European Cup was. A straight knockout of all the WINNERS (you know UEFA, Champions!) of their league. No seeds. It was absolutely brilliant entertainment. Two legs, straight knockout all the way to the final, no meaningless games, upsets etc.

Nottingham Forest got knocked out in the first round the year after winning it. I believe Juventus did too in the late eighties which sowed the seeds for the Champions League as their owner didn't like that. Again, even back then, it's all about money.

I fear this is true and it's what pains me the most. Older, local, match-going fans ("legacy fans", as they disgustingly put it) aren't needed, and are being quite deliberately pushed to the side.

As a fan of a team in a smaller league I actually feel quite fortunate after the revelations of the last few days. That league hasn't been sold down the river (don't get me wrong, they would've if they could've) like the English game, and I - unlike swathes of the profitable TV market - have access to a local team that represents my community, playing at a reasonable level (take the piss out of Scottish football all you want, it's a reasonable level if you take into account the entire world). If you're a Man Utd supporter from Manchester being left behind, or a Man Utd fan from Singapore being embraced - you're both missing out on what made and what will sustain football.

I do wonder what the long-term future holds. I simply don't believe the so-called super league will hold the world's attention for 20, 30 years. But time will tell.

Perez kept going on about "saving football". Scandalous claim to make once, let alone multiple times like he did. Myopia has been taken to new heights.
I have the utmost respect for local fans even though I have never been to Manchester, they are people who made the club possible. The global fans are like rocket boosters, but without the bread and butter they wouldn't have start being in the football game

As cynical and deplorable the statements Florentino Perez made are, I find them to be perfectly reasonable in the business sense, and that's the only sense you can get out of football executives

>"Here at Real Madrid we lost a lot of money and we're in a very bad situation. Top clubs in Spain and England are coming to conclusions about fixing football. Madrid alone lost €400m and nothing was being done about that."

When you lose money it means either you fucked up or your business is unsustainable.

That's what happened to my home team, 14-times champions of Poland when eventually they got overwhelmed by the debt. We tumbled down from the top division all the way down to 4th, unable to pay for players and putting any money we could into paying the debt. Now the slow, slow period of rebuilding has begun and I hope slowly this team, one of the most decorated and iconic teams in this country, can reinvent itself anew.

When you lost fucken 400 millions maybe its time to change things around? You can't forever live on loans, without stable footing. I know, my parents lived like this back in the 90s and we ended up being piss poor and desolate for a decade. Stop trying to sustain unsustainable model.

Regardless of what happens next, I would ban all those fuckers from football. Involve the governments to retake football teams and enforce 50+1. Institute strict, mandatory, financial fair play rules since it seems football bosses do not understand how financing works and will ride the debt wave forever.

Football needs this economic crash. This is the price the sport must pay collectively. Let the teams go and ban regardless. Soccer and football are two different sports.

Granted, I can't get myself to stop scrolling and watching everything related to the crisis. It really makes me tear up hearing the English fans, especially Liverpool and United where those teams are literally part of their city's identity. Same as in my home city, those teams are literally the faces of their areas. Having it ripped out, repackaged, and sold as soccer streaming super sunday for people all over the world, man I cannot imagine. I've heard every single Brit so far say they'd rather get relegated to the bottom division than go through this.

I am very much 100% capitalist and free market enthusiast, but this shows just how badly do we need regulations, not only in football. Let the unhinged madmen have their own socceroo club, fuck if I care, but leave the classic, traditional, European sport alone.

Rough times ahead, bankruptcies and earthquakes all over the place. I just hope that long-term, Europe can be saved. I just didn't realize until yesterday - as stupid as it sounds - how integral and important those teams are to their fans. Hearing Gary Neville calling Premier League a "crown jewel" and "national treasure" was shocking. It is deeply woven into English culture.

I hope you can win your teams back. Or worst case scenario rebuild them from ground up. I think negotiating with ESL is pointless. They are doing soccer, we are doing football. I'm not involved in this at all and nothing will change for me, fuck I haven't followed Europe since 2012 and still I'm shaken and furious. Fucks sake man.

Hang in there!

If nothing does happen to punish these teams, and they're allowed to go ahead with this and remain in their domestic competitions then I'm done with football.

It gives them all a huge boost for those competitions as well, financially and on the pitch - presumably a shitload more guaranteed money every season, playing fewer games than their closest rivals in CL/EL and possibly low intensity matches towards the end where they can rest players if their position in the Super League is guaranteed even if they finish bottom.

Compared to their closest domestic rivals with a very congested fixture list, plus no free money shoved up their arse every season guaranteed.

Presumably FFP won't be a thing either as that's a UEFA idea. So they can spend whatever they like on players and still play in 'Europe' unlike their domestic rivals trying to qualify for CL/EL.

If this is allowed to happen I'll just follow other sports with some integrity and only watch international football.

This is exactly what the European Cup was. A straight knockout of all the WINNERS (you know UEFA, Champions!) of their league. No seeds. It was absolutely brilliant entertainment. Two legs, straight knockout all the way to the final, no meaningless games, upsets etc.
Yeah, I know. I started watching football in a period in which "byes" to next stages were already a thing (for example, the 8 champions of the 8 better UEFA-ranked leagues going directly into the round of 16 of Champions League) and I'm OK with that...
But I'm not OK with Italy and other "big" nations bringing 4 teams to the freaking group stages of a 32-team tournament and countries like Sweden (again, I talk about Sweden because that's what I checked yesterday) having to go through three to four preliminary rounds to have a chance to be in the group stage (probably being also in pot 4 and then facing Real Madrid, Manchester United and Inter in the group).
I mean, HALF of the bloody group stage is made of teams from the so-called "top 4" leagues.
If you add also France and Russia (5th and 6th in the UEFA ranking) it means that 22 out of 32 teams are from 6 nations.
This leaves 10 spots free for teams from like 50 nations.

Bayern and Dortmund to their credit are not involved in this football mutiny.

Probabyl they will win all UEFA titles if these teams will withdraw from the UEFA competitions.
I do wonder how the players react to this, will they still rather play in the new league for money and fame in their prime or rather stick to the OG leagues to be able to win multiple leagues, UEFA, FIFA team and individual trophies? And only after that go to the super league after they are 30ish.
People say its all about the fans but the importance of a competition is also heavily influenced by who is playing in the specific league.

Anyone has a video of the full Perez interview?
I'm looking for the moment in which he says that they might aswell make the matches shorter if needed.

Thanks!

Nevermind, found that I guess:

Last edited:
sorry for the formatting.

Quotes from the Perez interview with El Chiringuito TV:

>"More competitive games will make everyone earn more money."
>"We came to the conclusion that by doing the Super League instead of the CL we could help the lost income."
>"You have to make profitable income by making more competitive games"
>"When you have no other revenue bar broadcast rights, you find a solution to produce more attractive games that allow fans from around the world to see the big clubs playing against each other."
>"The more competitive the games, the more exciting and the higher the revenue. That is how we can survive."
>"UEFA threats? Football has to hange, it has to evolve, like every industry in the world, football needs to adapt to change."
>"Football was losing interest from fans, we need a change."
>"We have to change something to make this sport more attractive at a global level. That's what we did with Bernabeu."
>"Money is the most important thing, it will be better for everyone."
>"The Super League is like the Champions League."
>"Teams can come in to the Super League, we never thought of that it's not a closed league, and we always thought about sporting merit. Sevilla can perfectly join the Super League the same way they can go to the CL in their league position."
>"If you win, you receive €120-130m from UEFA but with Super League we will earn much more."
>"The new Champions League format will not save football. I don't understand it, it won't help anything."
>"UEFA is a monopoly, what we're trying to do is save football. They must be transparent, and UEFA never has had a good history."
>"I don't know why UEFA has been threatening since our press release says we would work out with them and FIFA."
>"The players can stay totally calm about their national teams. The ban can't happen."
>"Eliminated from the UCL? It is just a threat. Real Madrid won't be knocked out of the Champions League. Same for the others."
>"La Liga will not kick anyone out."
>"UEFA is a monopoly and it has to end. Football is on the verge of ending. We have to act, quick."
>"I repeat, it is not a closed league. Sevilla can enter."
>"Football needs to be more attractive. Younger people now have other hobbies."
>"We haven't invited PSG, and didn't talk to any German club yet."
>"If PSG and Bayern Munich refuse, the Super League competition will not be canceled. This is an erroneous claim."
>"Everyone says that the Super League is the rich club's league, when that's not true, it's the league to save football."
>"Boris Johnson said he will do everything to cancel the Super League? Someone must have told to him that the Premier League would disappear: it's false, it's not true. Everything will go back to normal."
>"Real Madrid won't start from zero because all our titles won't be forgotten. We will always fight for every single title. The Champions League is losing interest."
>"I want to assure, no team can be eliminated from the UCL this season. Why? It's impossible legally."
>"Super League will lose interest? No because the games will be between big clubs."
>"Real Madrid don't pay me anything. If I want to get a shirt, I'll buy it"
>"We don't want the rich teams to be richer and poor teams to be poorer. Football is a unity. Right now it's at a freefall."
>"VAR, referees. Everything will change, for the good"
>"I didn't have to convince Laporta to join, this Super League will help Barcelona and football. They are in a bad moment. This is the worst situation I've ever seen in 20 years, economically."
>"We have been working on this project for a long time."
>"All the clubs signed for the Super League on Saturday, not yesterday. The contract is binding, nobody will leave. There will be no problems between all the clubs, everything is already agreed."
>"We'll only select the best referees, under a professional criteria."
>"Clubs are losing too much money. Big clubs and small clubs. TV rights have changed. We only earn 20% from TV rights."
>"As I said, nobody can leave. We will all work together."
>"We might have to make the football match shorter if it's not interesting"
>"I'm a believer in transparency, I'm fully aware on how much LeBron James makes, but I don't know how much the UEFA president makes. Why?"
>"There will be a salary cap at 55%."
>"We haven't talked to Tebas recently. We'll talk to UEFA and FIFA."
>"To make it simple, we want to make it the same as how basketball is. (an independent European league, like the EuroLeague)."
>"If they want to wait for 2024 to make the reform, they can wait. We're not waiting for anyone."
>"Football is in danger, and I'm working with the other teams to save football."
>"If UEFA don’t want to come to an agreement, we won’t back down. Because we need the Super League.”
>"There are some matches I can't stand to watch."
>"The big clubs will share the money, like a pyramid. We could even have a second divison of the Super League."

"Money is the most important thing"

I mean at least he's open with it instead of making up something else... ffs I wanna vomit

Anyone has a video of the full Perez interview?
I'm looking for the moment in which he says that they might aswell make the matches shorter if needed.

Thanks!

Nevermind, found that I guess:

Break it into four quarters or attacking periods to have more tv ads? ;) I hope Super League does as it then is not considered football anymore it will be unique sport and football can stay pure as much and as long as it can. Just only feel sorry for the supporters of these clubs.

Without a doubt breaking up the match time for more adverts is the next logical step in their minds. Timeouts will be the first step.

The more I read from the likes of Perez the more I'm thinking maybe it would be best if they do breakaway before they ruin the whole game for all. Like @chimichurri says, why not make yourself 12 franchises and your own league, make up your own gimmicky rules to make more money and leave the rest of us with the real football

Without a doubt breaking up the match time for more adverts is the next logical step in their minds. Timeouts will be the first step.

The more I read from the likes of Perez the more I'm thinking maybe it would be best if they do breakaway before they ruin the whole game for all. Like @chimichurri says, why not make yourself 12 franchises and your own league, make up your own gimmicky rules to make more money and leave the rest of us with the real football

I refer to a previous post. I don't think we can rule it out!

To these owners, the clubs have transcended their local communities. They're brands that make their foundations increasingly incidental.

Let's be honest, it's the players that are most important in building the brand. People would watch Catalunya vs Piemonte and not Barcelona vs Juventus if it meant getting "Pessi" vs "Penaldo".

Listening to a Polish podcast, literally started shivering when they mentioned Perez could go for 4 x 15 minutes games with tons of ad breaks in between.

Soon enough we'll be talking about "classic" football with "outdated" rules and "modern" football for kids.

Oh god 🐑

The more I read about it the more I think UEFA should just act like this competition didn't exist.
You want to play your superleague with your TV rights and such? Well, do it!
For what it's worth, it will be considered as a friendly tournament by us and won't get any endorsement/approval from us. No one is preventing you to play friendlies after all and to negotiate TV rights autonomously for them... BUT...
  • Strict FFP will be enforced for everyone, be it a member of the ESL or not. Even for the teams (PSG, I'm looking at you) that found a way around it with UEFA closing an eye on it.
    TV rights obtained out of the scope of the UEFA-approved tournaments can't be counted for FFP.
  • No match rescheduling will be allowed if it is asked to accomodate a ESL match.
    Is your ESL fixture clashing with your UCL match or with your league match? Not our problem, get the ESL match postponed/moved.
  • Teams should not complain to UEFA/Serie A/EPL/La Liga about matches too close to their ESL matches.
    Do you have an ESL match on Tuesday? Oh, sorry for you, here's your Sunday night match... Or even better, your Monday night match!
  • Being it a competition not approved by UEFA and FIFA, players should not be able to refuse the National team callup to play a ESL match.
    Players refusing to play for their National team and then playing in the ESL will face a long ban from their UCL/league matches.
I don't know if UEFA has the power to do anything else against the ESL at the moment (if not prevent its teams from accessing next year's UCL/UEL and domestic leagues with the help of national FA's).
You might argue that Serie A without Milan, Inter and Juve would be dead... That EPL without the "big 6" would be a pain to watch... But it's necessary at a point.

Last edited:
This is why they want to push forward with this idea - you just don't understand. They don't need local fans like you. If you leave just go, there are millions of people from Africa to Asia ready to subscribe TV packages and travel to the stadiums (when they can) and buy merch. You don't generate as much money as those millions do. I'm from one of those PL TV Asian countries, and I know people around me can't wait to watch the Super League. It's fucking shit but that's the reality
Good point, and all i can say if that turns out to be true, they will have to move to Europe or the states because Scousers wont stand for that one little bit ;) and if this becomes another Milton Keynes Dons situation....which would be very sad but we will follow AFC Liverpool. Super League = Plastic football.

I refer to a previous post. I don't think we can rule it out!

To these owners, the clubs have transcended their local communities. They're brands that make their foundations increasingly incidental.

Let's be honest, it's the players that are most important in building the brand. People would watch Catalunya vs Piemonte and not Barcelona vs Juventus if it meant getting "Pessi" vs "Penaldo".
People saying pessi and penaldo make me want to go physically violent

I don't know if UEFA has the power to do anything else against the ESL at the moment (if not prevent its teams from accessing next year's UCL/UEL and domestic leagues with the help of national FA's).
You might argue that Serie A without Milan, Inter and Juve would be dead... That EPL without the "big 6" would be a pain to watch... But it's necessary at a point.

Can't talk for Premier, as they might have a straighter spine than us (even if I wouln't bet my money on it), but Serie A without the big three is just not gonna happen. You know it.

Premier rejected "unanimously and vigorously"

At this point I just feel sorry for "legacy" (what the fuck does that mean) fans whose teams are involved. Europe will power through this, even though there will be big losses. I wonder if UEFA will call back the 2024 reform once ESL becomes real.

And I want it to be real, I want giants to fuck off. I just hope the native, original, "legacy" (yuck!) fans will get to keep their teams.

People saying pessi and penaldo make me want to go physically violent

Yeah me too, it's pathetic. Whenever I read it I want to pose the question: why the fuck do you care? Imagine getting so wound up about two footballers. It's another example of social media sucking people in and entrancing them into polarised and futile conflict. Have a wank and a walk in the park, people, chill out a little. Read those instructions carefully, though, as misinterpretation could cause problems for you and others. 🚓

What really hurts a lot of all this thing is that meritocracy is being torn to pieces and walked over by these so-called "elite" clubs which only happen to be the ones with more greed.
I mean, how come Ajax (with their history) and Atalanta (with their results in the recent years) aren't considered "elite" but Spurs and Inter are?

As far as the treatment the "legacy" fans get... Well, as a long time AC Milan supporter (and supporting Arsenal too) I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't really be as sad as I am now.
They made their choice, they decided to leave us behind. Well, I have no other choice than accepting it.
I'll be removing the AC Milan and the Arsenal shirts from their frames on the wall at home, and I'll be replacing them with something else (I thought I'd hang a Malaga shirt because hey, that's the perfect example of what could happen to you when the sheikh gets bored and decides not to spend anymore).

Como are in the battle for promotion to Serie B for the first time in 5 years and should they go up, here's a new team to hopefully play a career with in PES (like I did last time in FIFA). Not that I'll be missing my gaming fix anyway even if Milan and Arsenal aren't featured in next season's games.

Hope these 12 clubs crash and burn big time very soon anyway.

And people tend to say that footballers are uneducated spoiled millionaire kids. Very well said by Rio Ferdinand! :)

Also some hinted-flexible opinion by Rashford. Although i don't see as 100% straight speak out against ESL, but he is still active and could be called by the club owners to give an apology, so he is excused for the double-edged post, that does not go straight clear to the point.

@slamsoze The best bit was that it was the words of the legendary Sir Batt Musby :D

I think players have a lot more leeway, particularly if they are valuable assets to the owners. After all who could they sell him to - another of their mates in the ESL gang?

Wouldn't it be great if all the players arranged between themselves to just have a kick about in the middle of the pitch for 90 minutes in this weekends matches.

Listening to a Polish podcast, literally started shivering when they mentioned Perez could go for 4 x 15 minutes games with tons of ad breaks in between.

Soon enough we'll be talking about "classic" football with "outdated" rules and "modern" football for kids.

Oh god 🐑

What's next ? How about added time out between them ? Call thesuperleague champion as "WORLD CHAMPIONS". 🤣 ?

Yeah me too, it's pathetic. Whenever I read it I want to pose the question: why the fuck do you care? Imagine getting so wound up about two footballers. It's another example of social media sucking people in and entrancing them into polarised and futile conflict. Have a wank and a walk in the park, people, chill out a little. Read those instructions carefully, though, as misinterpretation could cause problems for you and others. 🚓

Some people are just convinced that to like one of them, they must hate the other one unconditionally.

Social media is destroying humanity and consuming everyone so bad that nowadays the real world is a fucking escape from the internet, unlike the time when for example Evo-Web was founded (2001 I think, I am new to this page), which was the other way around: people using the internet to have fun meeting new people in forums and stuff as a break from real life.

Sorry I went a bit off-topic but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom