Then & Now. When did you join Evo-Web?

I find it amazing that I'm still on here despite not having modded a PES game since PES3 on PC and not having bought a PES game apart from PES2009 in this gen.

Definitely more for the footy and general chatter than the gaming side of things nowadays.

I was on evo web originally back in around '02 as a 18 year old at college who'd just discovered the greatest secret the cool kids had back then, PES, how times have changed. I lost my username or password, can't remember which, came back around 2010 although PES was done by that point.

These days I'm a teacher, teaching kids in their teenage years, the impressionable age I was when I first discovered Konami's great invention. The irony being those same aged kids when I ask them if they play PES, take the piss, laugh and say FIFA is the only 'cool' game. Ah, how times have changed.

The only benefit? I've gotten into a couple of PES v FIFA arguments with schoolkids. They may be right about who's king now, but I can sure as just give them a detention to STFU at least ;)

I was on evo web originally back in around '02 as a 18 year old at college who'd just discovered the greatest secret the cool kids had back then, PES, how times have changed. I lost my username or password, can't remember which, came back around 2010 although PES was done by that point.

Dude, I could have (and still can) fix(ed) your shit up if you're interested. Just drop me a PM with details and we could see about it.

Christ back in the day the off topic on here used to be amazing, joost, zico (100 posts a day, mostly :) ) and co...

shame it died a death :(

I remember those days Rocky. :) Seems like a lifetime ago!

Good to hear from you again.

likewise mate :-)

You've had you avatar since 2003 as well aint ya rocky ;)

ha! I was thinking of changing it to PES3, but I kept it as is. ISS pro evolution was the version I had the fondest memories of (that and WE6:FE).

Dermot, Joost, ZICO - gosh, I wonder what happened to them!? If anyone is still in contact with them, please tell them to post in this thread! I remember when Chris Davies used to be Jack Bauer or summat lol. What happened to CW - is he still about?

I dunno if it's possible or not, but it would be cool to play WE6:FE online through some emulator or summat. I think I still have the CDs about somewhere lol

Dermot just get married and Joost is some kind of carreer man now. I still have contact with them on facebook.
It seems as if both still are in touch with each other cause i recently read this fantastic eulogy from Dermot to Joost. Very touching and funny.

Haven't got a clue what happened to Zico, does anyone by chance know what became of him ?

I hope bigstuie is alright.
I still remember him, haven't heard from him for a long long time (since PESmaniacs died more or less).
He had just had a son/daughter at that time, if I recall correctly.

Sometimes life ain't easy, I hope he is still around and, most of all, doing well. :))

Then

Joined the site in 2003 (at the age of 16) after finding out about the community through issextreme.com. At the time I was in my first year of college studying a GNVQ IT course. I remember getting excited, during class, when Danny Boy was uploading screenshots of PES3 before it was out. Also remember getting sucked in by the PES3 ML thread posts by gerd, denirobob, Professor Nutmeg and nerf.

Now

I'm now 26. Graduated with a Computer Science degree. Currently working as an ERP Intern. Things are okay at the moment. The only thing I'm not happy about is I haven't got a place of my own. I had to move back to London and live with my parents, while looking for work. Which I found and I'm happy with, but it's not permanent...for now.

Last edited:
Then

Here from day 1, back when I was 25. Seems so long ago now, probably because it is! Worked in a newsagents with my Dad back then and loved playing PES and WE due to the various patches and other shit that you could do to the game back then (Man those horse heads were great...)

Now

Now working for Tesco as a Team Leader after trying to escape from retail but it not really working out for me.
Fell out of love with PES a few years ago but am back on with it now as I have a few mates I get together with once every few weeks for a session on it.

Still active on here but in the Predicts forum for the most part as I have too much going on, I still read most of the shite that gets posted but rarely reply. This is still a site I can't leave

Stringer Bell, S to the B!

Now we only need Jumbertinho, Nick Cave and some, I cant remeber, back.

Honome is not missed though ;) rather have DJ and Plan M than that brazilian clown.

Hey, stringer you're back. That is absolutely fabulous. I was always very fond of you. It seems you're not a kid anymore and i'm becoming an old man !

Wow this is like a f'n old reunion! :D

Good to hear from all you guys. I see we had quite a few legendary lurkers.... good to see a lot of the old timers still out and about.

Hope all is well.

Hahah yes it's true.

And well I had to change the pic eventually lol. :P

I had it for quite awhile but can't keep the same forever! Plus Tristan turned out to be a player with incredible potential who never quite fulfilled it. He was pretty awesome for a couple years but too much clubbing and lack of professionalism meant he didn't stay on top of the world game as long as he could have.

Nah not really. Was a hell of a player in his prime though!

Sinão Sabrosa! :D I'd totally forgotten about that one! :LMAO:

Fucking hell this is blast from the past......

Zico was mental, no seriously I think he had mental issues. I used have a few run-ins with VannizzleFashizzle in the footy forums which was fun. That was when Arsenal were actually quite good!

Back in the day I was called Butatista because in ISS Pro, Batistuta was called Butatista and it always made me laugh when Chris James (remember him?) used to say it in the game.

Back
Top Bottom