The TV Show Thread

And it's one of the best series I have seen in a long time. Pretty much binged 4 seasons in a couple of weeks. One season left, I'll be sure to come back here and remind everyone when it's out. And for the love of everything holy, watch it with the original Spanish language. If you can for some reason no longer watch TV without having your phone out, use this series to knock that terrible habit, because you will be looking at the subtitles, unless you understand Spanish of course. And you won't want to miss anything anyway.
It's a show which has its foot on the gas almost all the time, incredibly suspenseful, often funny, occasionally a bit far fetched, but the characters and plot will keep you immersed.

Must get back to this! I watched the first season then I think I must have started something else at the same time and I'd forgotten all about this. Definitely subtitles, can't be doing with dubbed stuff!

Another Spanish show I really enjoyed was El Ministerio Del Tiempo. Funny and also really interesting to learn about some Spanish stereotypes that were poked fun at in the show. Only thing is it went off Netflix and now I believe they've made another series of it but it isn't on anywhere at the moment so that's a pain.

Just finished Cobra KAI season 3 and Hunters (Amazon original) season 1.

Cobra KAI was very pleasant surprise. I expected to decline after 3 seasons, but IMHO 3rd season was better than previous 2. The cameos were OK and polished, nothing extragarated.

At general it was very entertaining, for it is what it is, a sequel spin-off of an 80s catchy movie. If you seek for consistency and realism, this show is not offering them, at least to 100%.

Now on HUNTERS, it was very interesting watching, although I couldn't hold my arse and I read spoilers, when I was still in episode 4 of 10. Al Pacino was OKish, I felt his acting as he was a little bit "tired", but it is explained due to his age.

Josh Radnor was destined to be the revelation for me. I like that I saw him in something different as a concept. Although he is still the comic relief in the cast, and what I suspect after HIMYM and his independent movies I've seen, he is the type of the actor that mostly plays himself.

After all it is still a black-comedy in its genre, according to Wikipedia and imdb.

The direction has some pieces of Tarantino style, maybe the director is big fan of Tarantino? The comic relieves that are usually out of context, or the cutaway gags that give hints and break the 4th wall. Although it does not happen in all episodes, so I assume that it depends on who is directing each episode.

Each episode is almost 1 hour long, that's a little bit tiresome, cause they are throwing too much info as each subplot evolves. At least it's 10 episodes.

Finally, I kind of disliked how the biggest plot twists were done in the last 5 minutes of the last episode. I mean after 9.5 hours of watching.. They could spread them a little bit better. But the general pace of the show has some issues, sometimes it is too slow and becomes boring, sometimes it goes too fast. You never can calculate how much time has elapsed it series universe.

Note: I see very mixed reviews on hunters for very different and irrelevant issues. For me only main issue is the acting of some protagonists and the chemistry between the main cast, that is bad, they don't stick too much all together., for some reason.

Last edited:
@slamsoze Will have to take a look at Hunters. If you like black comedy I highly recommend The Patriot, it's absolutely brilliant IMO, a really good show and at moments hilarious too.

@slamsoze Will have to take a look at Hunters. If you like black comedy I highly recommend The Patriot, it's absolutely brilliant IMO, a really good show and at moments hilarious too.
Seems interesting dude , i will give it a try sooner or latter. As for Hunters, just to avoid been misunderstood, it is not pure black comedy, it occupies many genres, it is supposed to be mainly spy/crime/conspirracy mystery drama.

But when it has moments like this, that's what it makes it multi-genre, in my eyes at least. Just found a clip without spoilers.

Btw how Tarantino-esque is this scene!!!!!! I would say 101% !!!!! :P

maybe it’s on TV but I’m watching it online.
SWIFT Tri Battle Royale: https://tri-battle.com/

the Kings are loose!

enjoying this quite a lot. Very good commentar duo.

edit: you can actually ride with/against them: https://www.zwift.com/eu-de?utm_sou..._brand_-brandawareness-970x250_tribattleroyal

Edit2: That was the most entertaining sports coverage I’ve seen for a very long time. :APPLAUD:

Hours and hours of spot on commentary, personal and informative, sooo good, so well done! Outstanding sportive performance from both of the athletes.

How lucky I am noticing that event this morning and giving it a try. What a ride!!

A lot of more honest and not driven by money that much, compared to what’s happening at other places.

:LOVE: :APPLAUD:

edit3: im still so stoked. What an event!!

Last edited:
The Football series just keeps flooding every platform.
Saw Feyenoord on Disney (star) not as boring as the city/Spurs one's on Amazon ,but somewhere around Leeds "take me home" and not as good as Sunderland obviously.
Just one episode so far

Saw the Galacticos documentary on Disney ,about Florentino Perez takeover at Real Madrid and how he built up then ruined one of the best teams ever.
Very open documentary.
It all fell apart with the sending away of Hierro/Del Bosque/Makelele and the Beckham transfer.
Really good

Saw episode two of The rise of the Premier League last night.
The Blackburn year ,Paul Merson and the Eric Cantona incident ,which I've forgotten how that played out in court.
I've enjoyed the first two episodes

Squid Game ,can't have escaped anyone right?
Great series ,and thank fuck it's made in South Korea and not Hollywood ,can't even imagine how much they'd ruined it if so.

Squid Game ,can't have escaped anyone right?
Great series ,and thank fuck it's made in South Korea and not Hollywood ,can't even imagine how much they'd ruined it if so.

Worth watching then? I did look at the trailer last night which was dubbed (so that will be going off to subtitles instead straight away!) but it looked intriguing.

Worth watching then? I did look at the trailer last night which was dubbed (so that will be going off to subtitles instead straight away!) but it looked intriguing.
Probably some Netflix thing with the dubbing.
I'd recommend watching it in Korean

Yes very good and as always when it comes to Korean/Japanese series/movies ,a very different take on things.

Back
Top Bottom